Votes: 33 73.3%
  • Hate it

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
So who here loves there shaker pro and who hates it,lets get to the bottom of it
Love it
Hate it
Which side of the fence are you? Most seem to think it is a pile of crap,but once in a while someone will say it awesome

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I like it. I'm sure you could do better for $1300.00. But I am very happy with it, I dont like cutting up the interior to add aftermarket equipment.

phil123

Established Member
I like it. I'm sure you could do better for $1300.00. But I am very happy with it, I dont like cutting up the interior to add aftermarket equipment.

+1

I just did a post in the "talked to a ford rep" thread but in summary I found the Shaker 500 in my 2012 Mustang GT Premium terrible and Shaker Pro in my 13 Shelby fine but not great. If you don't want to go aftermarket and want something descent I think you will be satisfied.

Photonut

Established Member
Hard to make a call since I chose not to purchase it, but it seemed like a no brainer for my Vert, since it takes up at least a quarter of the (already reduced) convertible trunk.

Beyond that I still wouldn't have purchased it, since it's just a big subwoofer. I'm not one of those folks that drive through town with my music booming through the neighborhood. That's what the 5.8 is for. :rolling:

-Photonut

ford13

Established Member
I have it but don't hardly listen unless I'm doing 80mph in 6th on the highway ... Sometimes I'll even stay in 5th on the highway lol. It sounds good to me, I'm with the guys that don't wanna mess with the interior.

ToltecWarrior

Banishing Self-Importance
Established Member
I think it is average....not great and not horrible. Perhaps I just need more time to tinker with it to get the sound performance right. When I listen to it, which isn't often, I find myself adjusting the fade and treble on each song. As someone else noted, I enjoy the sound of the exhaust so much that I miss it when music is playing.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
For those of you who "hate it" and have done aftermarket upgrades to the stereo system, can you recommend what a path to upgrade the Shaker 500 would be for those of us who are car audio illiterate?
S.

GoDawgs

Established Member
Snorman, I did my own "upgrade"....

with Infinity Component Upgrade to the front speakers off of an Infinity Amp as well as Infinity 6x8 rear speakers.

Instead of "Shaker Pro", I added a 10 inch sub; a JL 10W7 (already in a prefab box) and ran this off of a HD 750 JL Amp. Added a bass volume control knob, something I would def recommend to help adjust bass volume with different types of music (also, older music from the 70/80's you can add more low in since the recording volume of music was different then)

LOVE it! Never heard the "Shaker Pro" system, but didn't like the original "Shaker" System. I slightly doubled the cost of the "Shaker Pro" to do all of the above.

Hope this helps.

IM3CPO

Established Member
Get thw Shark Pro

I voted “Love It” but wanted to give some context as to my answer. I had a 2012 GT500 with the Shaker 500 system before getting the 2013 with the Shaker Pro, so I have quite a bit of time with both systems. My personal take on the Shaker 500 on my 2012 was that it was so horrible that I resorted to listening to AM talk radio as there was no point to listening to any music at all… The Shaker Pro in the 2013 by comparison is LEAPS and BOUNDS better; the question one has to answer is whether it’s worth the $1300 sticker price for it.. The reason I say it’s worth it is because I didn’t want to rip apart a car like a Shelby (especially a new one) to swap out stereo equipment, but I still wanted to have a descent sounding stereo. Can you put a better sounding system in the car for the $1300 cost of the Shaker Pro? Yes, you can…. But I personally find value in keeping this portion of the car stock as performing a similar upgrade after the fact is very intrusive to the car. Again, the shaker pro sounds good enough to me and knowing the car was not ripped apart installing it makes it worth it..

I should also note that I am a bit of an audiophile.. I have a few high end audio systems in my house (as well as in other vehicles I own) and have systems with McIntosh, Wilson Audio, Sonus Faber, JL Audio, and Mark Levinson. Again, the Shaker Pro is not of this caliber by a long shot, but I feel the Shaker Pro is a must have option if you value keeping the car as original as possible yet still want to “use” your stereo for anything other than listening to AM talk radio.

USV8PWR

Established Member
I ordered the Shaker Pro on my car because I wanted it fully loaded with every single option. However, IMO it was a big waste of $1300. The system is very boomy, but in a distorted way while the tweeters and mids are very lacking in any power. It almost sounds if the music is playing further away then the bass is. My 08 Vette's base sound system was a lot better, and that was the non-Bose option.

SVTKen

Established Member
I agree with what some of the others have said. The Shaker Pro system is not the best, but I like it better than the standard sound system. Is it worth the extra money? I think so, but that's because I don't want to mess with aftermarket sound in my car and want to keep the car original with the best system Ford has to offer. The Shaker Pro is better than the base sound system, and that's good enough for me, but I would still prefer something better.

Your survey should have three choices: Hate, Like, Love. My vote would be Like.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I voted “Love It” but wanted to give some context as to my answer. I had a 2012 GT500 with the Shaker 500 system before getting the 2013 with the Shaker Pro, so I have quite a bit of time with both systems. My personal take on the Shaker 500 on my 2012 was that it was so horrible that I resorted to listening to AM talk radio as there was no point to listening to any music at all… The Shaker Pro in the 2013 by comparison is LEAPS and BOUNDS better; the question one has to answer is whether it’s worth the $1300 sticker price for it.. The reason I say it’s worth it is because I didn’t want to rip apart a car like a Shelby (especially a new one) to swap out stereo equipment, but I still wanted to have a descent sounding stereo. Can you put a better sounding system in the car for the $1300 cost of the Shaker Pro? Yes, you can…. But I personally find value in keeping this portion of the car stock as performing a similar upgrade after the fact is very intrusive to the car. Again, the shaker pro sounds good enough to me and knowing the car was not ripped apart installing it makes it worth it..

I should also note that I am a bit of an audiophile.. I have a few high end audio systems in my house (as well as in other vehicles I own) and have systems with McIntosh, Wilson Audio, Sonus Faber, JL Audio, and Mark Levinson. Again, the Shaker Pro is not of this caliber by a long shot, but I feel the Shaker Pro is a must have option if you value keeping the car as original as possible yet still want to “use” your stereo for anything other than listening to AM talk radio.

I am with you 100% as having had a 12 with the shaker 500 and my 13 with the pro, I to didnt want to have aftermarket equipment installed even if it did sound better. The Sony sysem in my wifes edge sounds better then the shaker pro but I stil think the pro sounds pretty good and has a goog punch to it.

rancid

Established Member
For those of you who "hate it" and have done aftermarket upgrades to the stereo system, can you recommend what a path to upgrade the Shaker 500 would be for those of us who are car audio illiterate?
S.

Factory NAV?

I installed JL Audio cleansweep gear to retain factory NAV unit which flattens the eq response and adds preamp outputs. Installed 6 1/2 component Hertz speakers in front of car and did composite set in rear. Running speakers through a 5 ch amp and installed a 12" JBL in trunk. Was a lot of work and $ but the sound quality is fantastic with the stock headunit and night and day over Fords stuff. When you remove the factory speakers you can see why they suck.

If I had to redo things for ease of install I would get a quality pair of 5x7's, still did the amp, and went with a 3sixty.3 DSP. Hardest part of entire upgrade was running 12 gauge wire through the doors to the amp.

7y7upyvu.jpg

edydusur.jpg

2eqa4yty.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread