Votes: 33 73.3%
  • Hate it

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I voted love it, because I think the system works really well for me. I am not a audiophile. However I will say that the package should cost half the price for what its worth.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
In my 09 GT 500 Vert., I replaced the F/R speakers with the Polk's, and it made a nice up-grade to the sound and volume [louder]. My question is are the Polk 5x7's also fit a Direct fit for the New '13 and '14 GT 500's??? Crutchfield still lists "unknown" on their site. Thanx

dmullgt500

Only logged about 500 miles on mine so far so I haven't really played with it that much but my impression as of now is I would have rather saved the 1300 and put toward performance mods.

cgouzoulis

SNARFSNARF
Established Member
I voted loved it..... Its def not the greatest system(especially for the money)..... But it does sound pretty good, gets pretty loud..... and my god, I can crank the speakers at peak volume and if they blow, Fords gotta fix it....So mainly warranty related for me

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
IF you dont have it cranked up, the highs seem under water and not so high (I have the treble all the way up). It needs better highs or the tweeters in the door need to point more towards the occupants in the car. If you lean forward toward the dashboard (ears more between the door speakers) it sounds better but thats not exactly ideal lol. Other than that, I love it for the fact that I dont have to mess with aftermarket audio nightmares.

Last edited:

Twitchgreen

Established Member
I am in the process of swapping out the factory door speakers with the Shelby Kickers. Already swapped out the 6x8s in the back deck & noticed an improvement in the sound quality. The OEM speakers were very light & flimsy looking. I am sure 69 folks will tell me there are better speakers than the Kickers...but I like that they sound better & they are mostly plug-&-play. I say mostly because if you have a '13 GT500 you can't swap out the door 6x8s without ordering a spacer bracket from Ford or going the ghetto route & making your own.

Twitchgreen

Established Member
I finally swapped out the 6 x 8 s in the doors by using the Ford spacers. Easy install. Had a bit of an issue with the 8" subs...the wires in the Kicker instructions didn't match what I found in my door. After trial & error I got it working. Sounds substantially better than the factory Shaker speakers.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
IF you dont have it cranked up, the highs seem under water and not so high (I have the treble all the way up). It needs better highs or the tweeters in the door need to point more towards the occupants in the car. If you lean forward toward the dashboard (ears more between the door speakers) it sounds better but thats not exactly ideal lol. Other than that, I love it for the fact that I dont have to mess with aftermarket audio nightmares.

I made another thread on this topic, but I feel the system sounds much better if you can find the right setting for yourself. It sounded best for me in a configuration I don't typically set, so it threw me off at first.

1TUF14SHELBY

Established Member
I finally swapped out the 6 x 8 s in the doors by using the Ford spacers. Easy install. Had a bit of an issue with the 8" subs...the wires in the Kicker instructions didn't match what I found in my door. After trial & error I got it working. Sounds substantially better than the factory Shaker speakers.

Twitchgreen-

Can you post exactly all you swapped and the Ford part # on the spacers? Any pics when panels were off? And more specifics on the wire issue in the doors? Lastly, where you bought all Kicker stuff.

Thanks!

Twitchgreen

Established Member
You bet. I bought the following spacer parts from Tousley Ford:
4R3Z18B947BA body hardware, instrument panel, sound system, door speaker spacer COUPE Left
4R3Z18B947AA body hardware, instrument panel, sound system, door speaker spacer COUPE Right
They were $11.14 each. I didn't take pics...but I can describe it in as much detail as you need.

I got my all of my speakers from shelbystore.com. I was looking for ease of replacement & staying as stockish as possible. I did look at Crutchfield but they had little in the way to offer for '13s.

On the '13s the old Ford OEM stock 6x8s in the doors come right out along with the built-in door spacer...hence the reason I got the above parts. The new spacers screw right in & then the new Shelby Kicker 6x8s connect to the OEM wiring harness & screw in with 4 screws (not supplied...which seemed odd to me).

As for the 8" door subs, I also used the Shelby Kickers. The directions from Kicker talk about wiring for prior-year models...3 of the 4 wire colors didn't exist in my door. The OEM speaker has 2 sets of wires going to it. I cut them & taped off the black & white set. I connected the red wire to the red push terminal on the new speaker & connected the blue wire to the black terminal.

There are also 2 6x8s in the rear deck behind the back seats. Pulling all the interior panels & seats is the hardest part. The speakers just screw right in & again connect to the OEM wiring harness.

PM me if you go this route & get stuck.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am curious twitch, when you went through crutchfield did you search for 2013 specifically? because I am pretty sure 11-12 is the exact same interior wise along with 95 percent of the car

Twitchgreen

Established Member
I did...but the '13 needs those spacers for the door & the wiring change to the 8" subs also complicated things. I think that is why Crutchfield was showing so few options. Don't get me wrong...normally Crutchfield is a pretty easy route to go. They totally hooked me up for my '02 WRX.

Users who are viewing this thread