"share the roads"

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
As a motorcyclist, I understamd the risks involved with riding a bike on the streets. But I absolutely hate when I see douche bag riders saying this. The ones who split traffic, stunt on the street, and pass on the shoulder. How the **** am I or anyone else supposed to watch out for you when youre riding like an ass hole? Some bikers need to follow their own advise and quit acting like they own the roads.

This is by no means directed towards thr many "good riders". Just irritated me because I saw a few posts this week on facebook from motorcyclists who regularly post vids of themselves stunting on the highways, splitting traffic and passing on the shoulders.

It aint just the cars job to look out, it comes down to a responsible rider who is aware of his surroundings and helps avoid potential disasters too.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Touche...I went riding with some squids the other day who were the definition of this^. Won't be riding with them again. Wheelies from every stop, splitting cars on the highway at 120-130+...no bueno.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Preach it OP. I see it regularly. If you ride you need to remember that bike vs car the bike will lose. Every time. The sort of riding you mention is just an accident waiting to happen.

oldmodman

Established Member
I know what you're saying. Don't ride with anybody that acts like that.

That's for sure.

Just let them pull ahead until they are around a turn. Then head back the other way. Hopefully when the cops start looking for them they won't even consider hassling you since you are not acting the idiot and you are riding alone.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
As a motorcyclist, I understamd the risks involved with riding a bike on the streets. But I absolutely hate when I see douche bag riders saying this. The ones who split traffic, stunt on the street, and pass on the shoulder. How the **** am I or anyone else supposed to watch out for you when youre riding like an ass hole? Some bikers need to follow their own advise and quit acting like they own the roads.

This is by no means directed towards thr many "good riders". Just irritated me because I saw a few posts this week on facebook from motorcyclists who regularly post vids of themselves stunting on the highways, splitting traffic and passing on the shoulders.

It aint just the cars job to look out, it comes down to a responsible rider who is aware of his surroundings and helps avoid potential disasters too.
Fully agree. So many bikers, mainly of the stunting genre, use this as a double standard, and try to still be assholes while trying to pass blame onto other motorists.

Rotzs99

Established Member
I thought you were talking about pedal powered bikes from the title. Much more of a problem here than motorcyclists, but yeah...all the same gripes. They are more of a danger to themselves than any motorist.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Agree with the OP. On my daily commute, I often see these fools you are talking about. The whole stretch of road is a "motorcycle safety zone", but I see dudes drag racing, doing wheelies, and going 100+ light to light allll summer long. Can't believe nobody has been killed on a bike around here recently.

I thought you were talking about pedal powered bikes from the title. Much more of a problem here than motorcyclists, but yeah...all the same gripes. They are more of a danger to themselves than any motorist.

You're saying bicyclists are more dangerous that motorcyclists that split lanes, do wheelies and ride double the speed limit??

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Agree with the OP. On my daily commute, I often see these fools you are talking about. The whole stretch of road is a "motorcycle safety zone", but I see dudes drag racing, doing wheelies, and going 100+ light to light allll summer long. Can't believe nobody has been killed on a bike around here recently.

You're saying bicyclists are more dangerous that motorcyclists that split lanes, do wheelies and ride double the speed limit??

Those bike chains could break and take out someones eye man. Show some respect.

Rotzs99

Established Member

In my area, yes. It's not that the motorcyclists aren't dangerous, but the retarded bicyclists are so much more numerous.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
In my area, yes. It's not that the motorcyclists aren't dangerous, but the retarded bicyclists are so much more numerous.

lol this is spot on. Those ****ers down there have a death wish. I have never seen a city put a bike lane in between the main lane and the right turn lane before. Leave it to FOCO to do something that dumb.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned

around LI its all the freaking Harley riders. They suck dick.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
lol this is spot on. Those ****ers down there have a death wish. I have never seen a city put a bike lane in between the main lane and the right turn lane before. Leave it to FOCO to do something that dumb.

Yeah, I've always hated those things. Especially when you get the spandexed pelotons of douche in the summer that all ride together and actually block the transition for a car to get into the right turn lane.

The one good thing I can say about all the bicyclists in FoCO is that I think it has trained a lot of the drivers to be more alert and aware of smaller vehicles/people around them. When I'm on my motorcycle I've had a lot of people do some seriously dumb shit around me, but only in other towns, never FoCO.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
I agree. A lot of riders I see are kind of douchey. It's very rare but I have seen some good riders here, very pleased to know there are respectful riders out there.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
I agree, the past three times I've rolled up on or been rolled up on by bikers in the Bullitt, they've taken off on a suicide mission weaving in out of heavy traffic. The last one especially was pushing Darwin's patience, the dude starts splitting lanes at 100mph+ on a banked turn.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
I only split the lanes when we are at a light n it is backed up to BFE. N the only wheelies I do on the highway is when the damn busa lifts it up on her own. But I immediately put the tire back down. Unless there's some hot chicks watching.

Users who are viewing this thread