Shaun White's flag etiquette.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Snowboarding.....:confused:

How long until skateboarding, bowling, hop scotch and fishing gets into the Olympics?
Agreed there are a few events that could be tossed

Like that one where everyone just runs in straight line really really fast..zero measurable talent imo, or the other one where they just run in circles for a long time as fast as they can...anybody can run..stupid events

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I as big of a flag nut as anyone, but I give him a pass. He was overwhelmed, and probably didn't know he had the flag in his hand.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket.

It is not OK to wear the flag. Period.

From USFlag.org: (b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise. (c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.
You will note they use " should " rather than "shall" which makes that part of the code suggestions rather than required.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Wearing apparel is referring to taking a flag and making it into a shirt. A shirt however can indeed have a flag print if it was actually never a flag.

_Snake_

Established Member
And they're are many people who I'm sure do not know all of this. I've been in several VFW's over the years and most had the flag "draped" from the wall. So, I guess they are all unpatriotic.

Respectfully, I’ll clarify that the flag is being displayed on the wall and not being used as drapery (blinds/curtains).

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The way I see it is the Olympics has become the flavor of the month. The resulting fanaticism shows me a sad commentary on society. What I mean is how someone would look at snowboarding as goofy or a hazardous pastime that a stoner would do but now that it is in the Olympics it is suddenly great. I'm reminded of the boners who suddenly thought soccer was all that when some world tournament came to America. Believe it or not, I even saw it with that yacht race that used to be big.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
If she was draped in an Isis flag, I may be conflicted on being mad...

White issued an apology and something like this, I think gets a pass on.

Later on, White apologized for the accidental show of disrespect to the flag. "I remember being handed the flag but I was trying to put my gloves on and hold the flag and get board," White told reporters. "Honestly, if there was anything, I definitely didn’t mean any disrespect. The flag that's flying on my house right now is way up there. So sorry for that. But I’m definitely proud — very proud — to be a part of Team USA and being an American and to be representing for everyone back home."

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I watch them as I like the winter games. The summer ones, meh. Right now the downhill is on. Try sking down a 2700 ft mountain at 65mph in 2 minutes and then talk to me.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I watched the whole thing and I didn't even notice he drug the flag.
I guess you didn't have a father that fought in WWII like mine!
You would have noticed it Immediately! When I was a young boy and dad had me hoist the flag up the pole he instilled in me to Never let it hit the ground.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I guess you didn't have a father that fought in WWII like mine!
You would have noticed it Immediately! When I was a young boy and dad had me hoist the flag up the pole he instilled in me to Never let it hit the ground.
To young to have a father in WWII. Grandfather was though. And I was told to never let it hit the ground aswell

Brutal Metal

Established Member
^ You said you didn't even notice Shawn did it? It was dragging on the ground for quite a while when he was standing still and walking.

Users who are viewing this thread