Shelby Extreme H/E

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
It's not the size of the HE but the make up of the core that creates better cooling as it was explained to me. The afco is actually bigger then the C&R version and you know how that worked out. It would surprise me if this larger HE cooled any better then the C&R with fans I currently run. I'm up for the pepsi challenge. :-D

orangesvtbb

Established Member
I started a thread about this also. I was wondering what the big deal is. Question I want to know is a 2013 H/E vs. The Shelby competition H/E

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
It is van HE well at least that what the description says. I'm interested to see if he uses it on his car b/c Ive never seen him advertise this HE or really talk about it.

bull3441

Established Member
I don't want to speak for Van, but I think Shelby just went Straight to C&R asking for a larger Denso unit with larger fans. I don't think Van was involved with the "Extreme" H/E. I think for 99% of Shelby's Van's design is more than efficient. I asked because I beat the balls out of my car and break sh*t all the time. if I could keep my L&M motor cooler by adding this unit I would. I can't afford another motor, or I could just change my driving style....... I also wonder if the OEM '08 pump is enough for this H/E anyway.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

I have not posted because I have no info on the heat exchanger. I can say that during initial development of my product we looked at different cores and the Denso core is more efficient but twice the cost and the efficiency was estimated at 10-15%.

It didn't make much sense at the time. C&R has not released this product to me as a C&R logo'd product as of yet and I do not have one to test as of yet.

As for the 2013 we will see........Stay tuned

bull3441

Established Member
I have not posted because I have no info on the heat exchanger. I can say that during initial development of my product we looked at different cores and the Denso core is more efficient but twice the cost and the efficiency was estimated at 10-15%.

It didn't make much sense at the time. C&R has not released this product to me as a C&R logo'd product as of yet and I do not have one to test as of yet.

As for the 2013 we will see........Stay tuned
Thanks Van. Funny how the website uses YOUR install thread for reference on the new design.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Mike - you're going E85, IMHO, you're not in need of the upgrade

bull3441

Established Member
Mike - you're going E85, IMHO, you're not in need of the upgrade
If you saw what the pistons looked like you'd want more octane. They were all heat stressed. I'm trying to get Dan to be a Shell URT dealer, if he does then I'd just run a mix of 5 gallon URT and pump 93.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I did see them, well a pic of them anyway, I'm sure you could get 55 gal drums of URT if you have the space. A lot of the guys I roll with on Sundays have done that for years until they went Corn

bull3441

Established Member
I did see them, well a pic of them anyway, I'm sure you could get 55 gal drums of URT if you have the space. A lot of the guys I roll with on Sundays have done that for years until they went Corn
I have about four 5 gallon cans of URT now :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread