Shelby GT350 Video

Drak

go baby go
Established Member
I'm dying to know what it looks like, and if it bares the Cobra name and not Shelby.

john11gt

Established Member
Damn, you beat me to posting this, lol.

It definitely sounded mean, hopefully that's the production exhaust.

Edit - skip to 1:50 for rev and take off
[youtube_browser]fgRjVdJYgrk[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

proudgeek

OCD
Established Member
We can finally see the shape of the tail lights with the turning signal. Look somewhat retro to me... And nice. Very happy so far.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Yeah to me it doesnt sound like a 5.8L, but more like a modified x-piped Coyote or BOSS.

Some info off mustang6g.com:

On this SVT prototype, we see for the first time big, cross-drilled carbon rotors and large black brake calipers up front. The rear is seen fitted with cross-drilled, steel rotors.

The multi-spoke wheels on this test car are wrapped in massive Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, size 295/35/ZR19 in the front. Unfortunately, we couldn’t quite read the widewall on the rear tires.

As with the photos we brought to you last week, this SVT prototype includes a hood vent that can be seen through the camouflage mesh, wide rocker panels, quad-tip double barrel exhaust and a vent that can be seen through the camo by the front fenders.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

americansteel

Banned
the GT350 will have 6 color options.
19 inch standard 3 wheel options.
5.0l with revised heads for both the mustangs and F150.
SVT has no part in with the GT350, this car will be produced on the mustang line with the others.
Mach1 as well will be built on the production line.
SVT is working on a Cobra and Cobra R concept right now. the cobra mustang concept is to be released some time very early next year. i couldn't get more info about that one.
the Cobra R is said to be using the 5.8L.
the 5.8l will be an option for the Mach1 and F150.
Raptor production ends Nov. 2014

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Man soo many different types of mustangs :/ GT350, Mach1, Cobra & Cobra R. Man is it just me or is that a tad too many!???

americansteel

Banned
say that to ford about their trucks! 50 damn combinations and the lower models get jacked up in price.
what we don't have enough of is vehicle options. we just have a mustang that's it! the same thing no variety the other cars are like a dime a dozen yet when it comes to performance we have a slouch and that is called the mustang. what about a fairlane? a galaxie? or something else? lets be different instead of seeing the same car. but ford doesn't see it that way. but I get what you are saying.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Ummmmm, why does it have splines on the front hubs????????? I guess its just a test mule but why would a mule even have splines on the front hubs???

AWD Mustang in the future??? LOL

SIRLOIN

Established Member
Jesus Christ!...18 posts and only one person says anything about the fact that this test mule has CARBON CERAMIC brakes up front...:shrug:

They also said this car had 295/35's up front, but couldn't read the size on the back. Well...If this thing has 295's up front, you can rest assure that there is atleast 305's out back. MICHELINS...:rockon:

Another thing that caught my eye's was the wheels. The front is concaved and the back is not. Well that doesn't make any sense right? For whatever reason I believe that car is riding around on a solid axle. Suspicion only grows seeing that makeshift plastic cover (covering the axle no less) underneath the car. I mean...why else would that be there?

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Jesus Christ!...18 posts and only one person says anything about the fact that this test mule has CARBON CERAMIC brakes up

For whatever reason I believe that car is riding around on a solid axle. Suspicion only grows seeing that makeshift plastic cover (covering the axle no less) underneath the car. I mean...why else would that be there?

Are you refering to me at the 12th comment? And that plate covering the axle is for aerodynamics. Its confirmed the new mustang will ride exclusivity on IRS.

Users who are viewing this thread