Shelby GT350 Video

americansteel

Banned
Jesus Christ!...18 posts and only one person says anything about the fact that this test mule has CARBON CERAMIC brakes up front...:shrug:

They also said this car had 295/35's up front, but couldn't read the size on the back. Well...If this thing has 295's up front, you can rest assure that there is atleast 305's out back. MICHELINS...:rockon:

Another thing that caught my eye's was the wheels. The front is concaved and the back is not. Well that doesn't make any sense right? For whatever reason I believe that car is riding around on a solid axle. Suspicion only grows seeing that makeshift plastic cover (covering the axle no less) underneath the car. I mean...why else would that be there?

both front and back wheels are the same diameter. the back tires are the same.

darreng505

Established Member
I did notice the _possible_ carbon ceramic rotors. And they are huge, probably 15" or so. Big in the back too.

Clearly that car has a heat extractor hood and rear spoiler both of which are visible under the padding (although both could be decoys).

The tin colored mufflers still look cheesy. Gonna hafta paint those black as usual.

That nose really sticks out doesn't it? Not sure what that means for a front splitter if any.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
If it has Carbon Fiber calipers, then this thing is the real deal boys & girls!

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
Loving every tidbit that comes out.
The look shown off so far is very promising.

And the IRS/brakes, and tire combinations are perfect.

Was wondering why Ford seemed to leave some improvements on the floor with the '13+ GT500. Now it makes sense.

They were waiting to kill it with the '15+ SVT/Shelby.

Carbon rotors? dang.

And the exhaust note is pretty agressive right off the bat.

Not digging the muffler cans being visible though. Thought they'd fix that and go back to the '03 Cobra style exhaust in the back. Quad exaust looks great. But the visible cans take away a bit.

Also enjoying the hi-po all motor rumors.

But would be even better if they take THAT engine and make it twin turbo.

Factory power is great. But we want aftermarket potential to be exponential - the likes you can only get with FI.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Why the splines in the FRONT hubs for CV shafts? What FWD or AWD car would possibly share the front hubs with this Mustang. Kinda weird if you ask me.......I know some parts sharing between cars does happen but damn I just cant see the Fusion or Taurus sharing a front hub with this car.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Why the splines in the FRONT hubs for CV shafts? What FWD or AWD car would possibly share the front hubs with this Mustang. Kinda weird if you ask me.......I know some parts sharing between cars does happen but damn I just cant see the Fusion or Taurus sharing a front hub with this car.

attachment.php

Maybe they will be offering a "traction control pkg".. :) Rear wheel spins, front helps, then deactivates fully once rear has traction. :rockon:

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
How would the front help? It has no drive to it. :??:

That's the point. Usually when you see this, the car has an AWD option also. Both the AWD and RWD versions share the front hubs.

I don't think they would ever make an AWD Mustang so this thing has got to be sharing front hubs with the Taurus most likely.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

attachment.php
CALM THE **** DOWN everyone...

9554137301_850b5bdf06_b.jpg

xenodragon

Established Member
I dont really want an N/A "cobra " :-(

I can only speculate but the GT350 seems like it will be slower in a line make less power (maybe lighter) than the outgoing GT500. Is the GT350 suppose to be a track type car?

Hopefully they will have some kind of "cobra" that is FI....***Crosses fingers*** as that will be my next car.

americansteel

Banned
then wait till summer of 15 SVT cobra twin screw. also the GT350 is not a cobra. there has been no word of it being a N/A motor or using F/I.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I dont really want an N/A "cobra " :-(

I can only speculate but the GT350 seems like it will be slower in a line make less power (maybe lighter) than the outgoing GT500. Is the GT350 suppose to be a track type car?

Hopefully they will have some kind of "cobra" that is FI....***Crosses fingers*** as that will be my next car.
don't forget, the boss was only intended to be a 2 year run(like the original), but proved to be a rather massive success for ford and has been claimed to be the best mustang ever produced by a large, LARGE, number of people.
now think about what the original GT350 was and what the name represents, and think about what ford is currently missing from the 2014 mustang line up.
and, finally, think about what knee jerk reaction camaro model GM announced last april.

that should give you a hint as to what the 2015 GT350 will be. should also give you a hint as to what you'll be seeing on track from the ford contingent in the continental tire sports car championship in 2015(we might even see multimatic developing a couple of them during the 2014 season, just like they did with the boss 302R - their track use was part of the durability testing for the engine in the street boss).

Users who are viewing this thread