Shelby GT500 Spark plugs get burnt so fast...anyone help please

Shelby.Oman

Banned
Hi guys,

I got 2008 Shelby GT500 with 2.65" pulley and steeda air-intake plus full exhaust (kooks on Bassani)

i been facing major problem with the spark plugs

on stock plugs it gets burnt or broken easily once i race, so after searching found many recommend NGK TR6 gapped 0.035" for best result.

any idea guys of what to do about the plugs please??
:shrug:

Bulldogger

Established Member
Burnt as in white with electrode tips missing? Then that's real lean and you need to adjust the tune. Pictures of the plugs would really help.

Shelby_Oman

Established Member
no pictures

thanks for the reply

but what do u mean by adjust the tune??

which tune u mean?:shrug:

tktlwyr

Established Member
The modified tune that you SHOULD be running with your "2.65" pulley and steeda air-intake plus full exhaust".

It will adjust your air/fuel ratio and timing for better performance. If you had one done initially and then added one or more other modifications, it could be the source of your problems.

Good luck!

Last edited:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
thanks for the reply

but what do u mean by adjust the tune??

which tune u mean?:shrug:

When you changed the pulley and intake you should have had the car's computer re-tuned for proper A/F ratio, timing, throttle response, etc. It sounds like you never did so it appears the car is running VERY lean by burning plugs. Pistons are next if not already!!! :bash:

Shelby_Oman

Established Member
i did HP tuner

i did HP tuner

but now the exhaust sounds different as it makes alot of (BLAP BLAP BLAP) lool

so is the blap blap normal or not?

as it wasnt there when it was stock plugs!!!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm sorry but you have to many questions without pics to give you proper help. Help us help you or you really need to take your car to a shop that knows what there doing to take a look at your problem. Good luck.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Sounds to me like this car wasn't tuned for the pulley and exhaust and therefor is a ticking time bomb. I'm not quite sure what blap blap blap means, but if your running a pulley and LT's with a factory tune or worse, one that was canned for max performance with stock conditions, your on borrowed time and probably already caused internal damage.
The "HP tune" you refer to, did it come with the pulley, or did you buy it separate? If separate, did you get it before or after the pulley?
Like stated above, seeing the plugs would make answering your questions much easier. Right now, we're just taking stabs in the dark with the limited info we have.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Was it blap blap or blap blap blap?

Rosetta stone anyone?

Lol j/k

Get some fresh plugs and tune before you hear a KABOOM !!!

rlhay2

Established Member
On a motorcycle the blap, blap, blap noise normally means the bike is lean. And that is not a good thing.

NGK BR7EF are the correct plugs to use on our cars, not the TR6.

Not exactly true...Above ~17lbs the BR7EF are ideal. At lower boost the TR6 are the best choice.

SicShelby09

Banned
On a motorcycle the blap, blap, blap noise normally means the bike is lean. And that is not a good thing.

Not exactly true...Above ~17lbs the BR7EF are ideal. At lower boost the TR6 are the best choice.

I have been using them on my 2.6 pullied 09 shelby for a few thousand miles, and they work perfect. Im at 14psi.

Users who are viewing this thread