SHIFTER POSITION

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
I had the exact same problem. It's more the handle than the shifter itself. MGW makes a nice adjustable handle, or you could do what I did, and heat & bend the stock one. Mine is farther back, and closer to the driver than it was originally. They sell a cheap bushing kit to mount the stock handle to any aftermarket shifter.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All of the aftermarket shifter handles should help, but the MGW offers the most adjust. I have to say, though, that I would still like my handle a bit closer without having to move my seat forward.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I would like to see what the big deal is about the shifters I like the stock one for the most part the reach seems fine to me.

I would like the shift pattern to feel like my old Porsche but I dont think that will happen.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
well Im 6'2 so i juess so maybe I have long ones or maybe you just have short arms? LOL

kj385

Established Member
I made a custom plate out of aluminum that moves the handle back 1.5"(about as far as you can go w/out hitting). It's .250 thick with the stock shifter handle bolt spacing on both ends, only 1.5" apart. It works so well that I don't think I'm even going to get a aftermarket shifter or handle anymore. It's very easy to make. I made mine in about 1/2 an hour with only a hand drill and a hacksaw out of some old scrap metal. However if everybody wants one I could make some at work. I don't have any pics but might be able to get some if it's really needed.

akaeric

Established Member
What I did was installed a Tri-ax shifter that has two settings to bolt the handle but I used the stock handle offthe stock shifter it has a thick rubber garment whick helps the noise that the tri-ax is known for and mounted it to the highest holes and the stock bolts fit perfectly to the Tri-ax shifter because you need the longer bolts bacause of the rubber garment and use the stock shifter boot over the shifter it self to help the noise I was told about and I had a big boot from the hurst shifter and put it over that before I put the bolt plate back and now the shifter handle is perfect its right at my reach now bending or stretching to shift try I have short arms to plus the shifter is as quiet as the stock one is no noise at all. I don't lesson to much music so I would of heard it.

kj385

Established Member
LOL
How this for a pic. I don't when I can get a real one. I made it out of .250 thick aluminum plate. I love it and have not had it move around at all, even at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread