shock extenders..who's still interested?

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
o.k. so a number of you guys had intrest in these things if i build em' but i'mnot sure who still is and who isn't. like i was saying i had to make some sort of jig so these things go together the same. well my buddy who was making it was over making it so it took longer than i had hoped for.
anyhow here is a sample in a raw finish, i ran out of time today so i never got around to powdercoating it. the only difference on these will be that they WILL be powdercoated (black) and that the little slit in the pit of the 90deg angle will be filled in and radiused. i realized after the fact that the slit offers no purpose at all and wasn't an actual intention in the original design (it just sorta ended up that way). by filling it in, it will in fact be stronger. also i refined the joints by beveling all the edges so i can get good welds in there and not have to gring them.
from what i have seen of the other two brands out there is that they really kick the shock out. when i was duplicating how they were relocating the shock in designing these i realized their angle was sideloading the shock shaft way too much for my liking. so with that being said i have the most minimal angle possible. i will be using 3/16 material and an overall more sturdy design. so all that leads to an overall better product. i will be pricing these bad boys at $70 plus shipping. i know that isn't really any cheaper than the other ones but when you consider i'm making these by hand and you're getting a way better piece for the same price then it makes sense. i could easily put these out for $100 but i wanna be fair and take care of you guys.

the only other thing is that these will not fit h.d. models.

i have to figure out and set up a paypal acct before i can start taking orders but for whoever wants a set pm me and we will go from there. in the mean time i will be able to get started on them. i will be building 10 sets and then build them to order. so let me know.

thanks guys
ed:rockon:

x4hdl5.jpg

ffacmu.jpg

14v7hmp.jpg

2e1godt.jpg

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
i want a set let me know how much a set is

;-)

i will be pricing these bad boys at $70 plus shipping. i know that isn't really any cheaper than the other ones but when you consider i'm making these by hand and you're getting a way better piece for the same price then it makes sense. i could easily put these out for $100 but i wanna be fair and take care of you guys.

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
cool guys. i'm keepin track so i will be doing the first ten in order of the responses on this thread. (fleeman is first though, he pm'd me before i even posted the thread) by the way if you guys know anyone who might be interested that may not have seen the thread let em' know.

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
from what i have seen of the other two brands out there is that they really kick the shock out. when i was duplicating how they were relocating the shock in designing these i realized their angle was sideloading the shock shaft way too much for my liking.

I installed my So-Cals 2 months ago and was not impressed with the angle either. I will go ahead and predict a lot of used shock extends in the forms in the near future.

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
You guys who need these better jump on 'em. I can attest to them being a pain to create and make it right. I just made some of my own also. I figured while I was removing the EVAP system and switching the rear passenger shock to the other direction, I was in need of some extensions too. Ed has done a fantastic job of crafting them. Mine are bit different from his design, but I love how his are done. Kudos to a fellow L owner trying to help the rest of the gang out. :beer: Great job Ed!!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
how come they wont work on the HDs?

im in for a set if they'll work on my truck. i have a 99 supercab. it has a lightning motor, so lightning shock extenders should work, right? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread