should i be in the 11's?

Silver03Termi

Established Member
i cant seem to get lower than 12.45 at 112. ive been to the track 2 times, ran 3 times each. my first outing my best time was a 12.8 at 111, i also ran a 13.1 at 115 (the high trap speed shows potential for 11's). my 60 ft times sucked, 2.0 and 2.1, respectively. my 2nd outing i fitted the car with nitto nt555 315's. i launched at 4000rpm, hooked up, ran a 1.89 in the 60 and 12.45 at the traps. the good news is that i slaughtered the 05z06 that lined up next to me. that same run was repeated 2 more times, with pretty much the same results. here are my mods: 2.8 steeda upper, gates belt, SCT XC3 tuner (no custom tune), flow master off road x pipe, flowmaster cat back, and a K&N filter with the silencer removed. my shifts are spot on and smooth. is it in the generic tune? is it because of my intake? would the boost bypass mod help? ive heard rumor that without this mod, the blower dumps all excess boost, that is anything over stock boost, at WOT. or is it just this slow? feel free to message me with pointers and ideas

99_Z28

Established Member
i cant seem to get lower than 12.45 at 112. ive been to the track 2 times, ran 3 times each. my first outing my best time was a 12.8 at 111, i also ran a 13.1 at 115 (the high trap speed shows potential for 11's). my 60 ft times sucked, 2.0 and 2.1, respectively. my 2nd outing i fitted the car with nitto nt555 315's. i launched at 4000rpm, hooked up, ran a 1.89 in the 60 and 12.45 at the traps. the good news is that i slaughtered the 05z06 that lined up next to me. that same run was repeated 2 more times, with pretty much the same results. here are my mods: 2.8 steeda upper, gates belt, SCT XC3 tuner (no custom tune), flow master off road x pipe, flowmaster cat back, and a K&N filter with the silencer removed. my shifts are spot on and smooth. is it in the generic tune? is it because of my intake? would the boost bypass mod help? ive heard rumor that without this mod, the blower dumps all excess boost, that is anything over stock boost, at WOT. or is it just this slow? feel free to message me with pointers and ideas

:idea:I have a idea, buy a chevy....pullied cobra running mid 12's?! :lol:

mr2cam

Established Member

I am not a cobra expert but im going to have to say that you need either a canned tune or a dyno tune, dyno tune prefered. If you can't find anyone with a decent dyno near by then call up amazon, they do awesome canned tunes.

ttk53

Established Member
you should be running better times than that.

I went 12.33 at 115 with a k&N drop in O/R x and Catback. This was on hankook tires with a 1.96 60ft

get a tune for that pulley

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
LOL so should you with 500hp, I ran a 12.1 with a bolt on ls1.....

Don't you mean you went 12.1 with bolt-ons AND a cam? :lol: And got banned for a week on LS1tech? Cause you guaranteed an 11 sec slip and didn't do it? lol.

To the OP- I did manage to run an 11.98 pass one time with 111mph trap speed. It was really hot out but it was all in the 60ft (1.54). Are you powershifting?

-Mark

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
A proper intake along with a real tune should be in order. Have you put the car on the dyno or used a wideband to see where the A/F is, or are you just playing with fire?

lemons12

Established Member

LOL so should you with 500hp, I ran a 12.1 with a bolt on ls1.....

take your idiotic self with your POS 12 second car and go to some honda forums or something..

a 12 second car is NOTHING to be proud of, especially with bolt ons.. your car is a turd..

and yes, i will say this here, or on ls1tech.com.. and have plenty of back up there.. i mean seriously, you pwned yourself worse than anyone ever could by making a claim of 11 seconds and hitting a 12 with excuses... :lol::lol:

someone ban this tool..

Silver03Termi

Established Member

i know you own a camaro and all, and i understand that your IQ probably leaves something to be desired, but im assuming your'e smart enough to know (maybe i shouldnt do that) that this is an SVT web site. Let me put it in dumby terms for you chevy boy, SVT is made by Ford. Camaro is made by Chevy. Ford and Chevy are not the same thing. So either your'e too stupid to realize this obvious fact, or your other red neck Camaro brethren dont want to talk to you either. Wich ever way you look at it, your'e posting on the wrong site.

Venomm

Established Member
they didnt make z06 in 2005, sure it wasnt a widebody c5, my termi * in sig * barely outruns the new c6 z06, but as far as tune mine was by rick at amzon A+++ guy highly recommended

lemons12

Established Member
i know you own a camaro and all, and i understand that your IQ probably leaves something to be desired, but im assuming your'e smart enough to know (maybe i shouldnt do that) that this is an SVT web site. Let me put it in dumby terms for you chevy boy, SVT is made by Ford. Camaro is made by Chevy. Ford and Chevy are not the same thing. So either your'e too stupid to realize this obvious fact, or your other red neck Camaro brethren dont want to talk to you either. Wich ever way you look at it, your'e posting on the wrong site.

i agree with this entire post..... except for the end..

just because he is an ignorant dumb ass... certainly doesnt not mean that his "red neck brethren" are..... meaning just because he owns the same type of car (although i own a trans am) does not mean i am at his level.. which is VERY obvious..
also, i didnt know there was a "wrong site"... your welcome on my boards anytime!:beer:

;-)

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
not power shifting, it has the SCT 93 octane tune. they told me that it was good for this pulley.

I would never trust the canned tunes from a handheld. I've seen a few dyno pulls that the A/F lines were horrible. Once you have the handheld a custom tune from a real tune is a cheap investment to save your motor.

and a pullied 03 cobra, isnt 500hp dumb ass

A pullied cobra will lay down 450-470rwhp which is 500-540 flywheel horsepower.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
a pulley only cobra will not lay that down will it?

thats exhaust/intake/tune/pulley.. yes?

A pullied only cobra should have a tune and would still lay down 420-430rwhp depending on what size pulley. The intake/exhaust would be good for another 30-40rwhp.

lemons12

Established Member
A pullied only cobra should have a tune and would still lay down 420-430rwhp depending on what size pulley. The intake/exhaust would be good for another 30-40rwhp.

k, thats what i thought... just clarifying..

learning as i go!:D

Users who are viewing this thread