should i be in the 11's?

Venomm

Established Member
in theory that makes scence BUT the blower is made to with stand everything installed per stieg. it should be at 550rwhp...

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
in my limited knowledge...all signs point to blower inefficeincy. too hot. solution....whipple or kb.

The blower is fine at that boost level, his power loss isn't from the blower being too hot. To give any sort of help we'd need to see some datalogs.

BTW Whipple and KB run extremely hot also, you'd be suprised how close the charge temps are to the Eaton

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
yepperzzz sent all them and still cant figure it out. pulled everything checked it over and reinstalled and still runs same... so im at a loss as to that it could be... the only thing i can think of is covering the silencer holes with jb weld on the blower but that shouldnt affect any performance... even checked to see if the jb was stopping the rotters from turnin but it was clean and clear

That shouldn't affect anything. Have you had the car down the track? If so what was the MPH?

Venomm

Established Member
nope havent had a chance to take it to the track didnt wanna run it and chance blowin something out a full tune, gettin it tuned and dyno'd next week by Mike Murillo * as seen on sct page * he is local for me as well and will dyno tune it... would have done it this week but he is in and out bc the races in Tulsa this weekend...

Venomm

Established Member
feels like a fuel issue bc then i floor it it takes a few sec to go... its not instant and when shifting 1st to 2nd has about a second or 2 the the car is floored and nothin is happenin, to me it feels like not gettin enough fuel almost like BAP isnt workin but on the datalogs it shows it is and even getin up to 70% duty cycle

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
feels like a fuel issue bc then i floor it it takes a few sec to go... its not instant and when shifting 1st to 2nd has about a second or 2 the the car is floored and nothin is happenin, to me it feels like not gettin enough fuel almost like BAP isnt workin but on the datalogs it shows it is and even getin up to 70% duty cycle

70% FPDC is actually really low.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
The blower is fine at that boost level, his power loss isn't from the blower being too hot. To give any sort of help we'd need to see some datalogs.

BTW Whipple and KB run extremely hot also, you'd be suprised how close the charge temps are to the Eaton

what is the approximate charge temps of the available blowers?

Users who are viewing this thread