Should I be pissed? *iForged content* need advice

bullittbuild

Established Member
Ok so here is the deal, I waited and waited on wheels. Well they finally show up yesterday but when the UPS guy was hanging them to me he says "Might want to check this one the box is open." Clearly someone had cut the tape and examined the wheel prior to me getting it. So I take the wheels inside he leaves and I look them over one at a time. I get to the one that the box had been opened and it has damage, a knick in the lip. It's not terrible but thats not the point, so I called iForged and talked the customer service. They file a claim with UPS who is coming to get the wheel today. I don't think UPS will take the blaim, iForged pretty much said its not them who did it. He also said if he gets it and I want it fixed a new lip will be $250, I have a hard time paying for something I didn't do. I don't want the lip repaired because there will be a low spot there and I am sure you will still be able to tell. I want it replaced, am I being unreasonable? Anyways here are the pics if you have any suggestions feel free. The pics don't do justice they are cell phone pics but you get the idea. I'm still pretty bent about the situation :fm:

2b5787d5.jpg

c0bc5623.jpg

dd69d442.jpg

674d0cbf.jpg

Here are the rest of them

83044744.jpg

b0859b8a.jpg

6fcd2fae.jpg

9ce7233b.jpg

4a1dc752.jpg

bf09685f.jpg

Stevo151

Established Member
i'd be pissed but thats just me... that really sucks tho man, hope things work out for you in the end

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Were the wheels shipped insured?
If so then there's not much for anyone to dispute, clearly there is damage.

Is the plastic wrapping damaged that the wheel is wrapped in? That might tell you if it was done during shipping or before.

Stevo151

Established Member
Is the plastic wrapping damaged that the wheel is wrapped in? That might tell you if it was done during shipping or before.

good call, the plastic should be cut or crunched up a bit if it happened during the shipping. in that case it looks like its fine so it would have to of happen before hand...

bullittbuild

Established Member
Were the wheels shipped insured?
If so then there's not much for anyone to dispute, clearly there is damage.

I'm assuming they were I don't see why they wouldn't. To answer your question yes the plastic wrap is torn through right there.

bullittbuild

Established Member
In pictures #5 and 10 you can see the damage at ten o'clock on the wheel. In pic #8 you can see it at two o'clock.

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
I'd be pissed too, but maybe a fat tire with some kind of rim protector will cover it up enough.

wjk

Established Member
I'd demand a new wheel or a refund. There's no way I'd pay $250 for something I didn't do.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Call UPS and make a claim.

IForged should do it for you, but they probably won't.

Don't take the plastic wrap off of it.

UPS will want it back for inspection. They'll look at it and probably say that Iforged didn't package it well enough for safe shipment and send it back to them. Or, they may buck up and pay.

Good luck, but there is *no* way I'd pay out of pocket to have that replaced. Fight with both of them if you have to.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I would be pissed but it looks like you might never see it once the tire is mounted. you might luck out.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Be prepared to wait! UPS claims are a joke, and they (crawford insurance) will do everything possible to deny it. Good luck

bullittbuild

Established Member
I would be pissed but it looks like you might never see it once the tire is mounted. you might luck out.

That is what I'm hoping, or maybe sand it out a little and polish it and with a tire it will probably will never show. I will eventually send it to iForged.

Coiled03

Established Member
Yes, you should be pissed. I don't know what you're gonna do about it because you're caught in the middle of a finger pointing match between Iforged, and UPS. But you should definitely be pissed, and someone other than you should fix it.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I think that will be hardly noticeable once a tire is mounted on there.

That sucks though, these situations always suck between customer/shipper/vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread