Should I be pissed? *iForged content* need advice

tommygun

Established Member
so much for putting them on this year. Iforged takes forever and a day to get wheels.

I would fix the wheel, and then keep on their claims dept till you get paid.

Alloy wheel repair can fix that with no problem.

blown302stng

Established Member
iforged charged me $250 to replace the barrel and took nearly a month to get it back from them...Their customer service is lacking and dont expect to get a clear answer if you call and request an update

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Damn Tyler, that sucks. I would have said right then and there take it back though, or made him wait while you checked the damaged box. They might tell you to get ****ed since you accepted the item...but either way there's NO reason you should have to pay that. I'm SURE iForged sends their wheels out with shipping insurance, and that insurance is paid for a reason. If you haven't removed the wrap where it's damaged you should have a case. I'd be pissed for sure. One of my CCW's had a tiny nick in the lip almost where yours is, not nearly as bad though. But having to wait 6 months for them I said F it and put tires on them anyways. Can't even see it now with the tire on.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I'd be heated for sure, but for the amount of rigamarole you're gonna go through, it's not worth it for a small little ding. As much as it sucks, if I were you I'd just bite the bullet and mount the tire. As stated above UPS claims are a joke, any claim is a joke really. The company is almost always going to do everything possible and find every wrinkle possible to point the finger away from them.

Predatorbird

Established Member
I'd be pissed if I spent $3k+ for wheels and they showed up with this damage. I would fight it out with both UPS and iForged to get the lip replaced. The damage might not show when mounted, but that's still unacceptable. You will lose out big time if you try to sell those on here down the road. iForged needs to send you a replacement and they can duke it out with UPS for the claim.

On a positive note, those are going to look amazing when you finally get them on. I think brushed centers are so classy looking. If I ever pull the trigger on forged wheels, they will be brushed centers with a polished lip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
arent u suppose check them before the ups leaves.. and tell them to take it back if its damaged?

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
like others stated, most likely, the plastic would be damaged where the nick occurred if it happend during shipping. this is a tough call, if it happend during shipping its not really iforged's fault and they shouldnt have to pay for anything. im surprised they dont have any type of shipping insurance policy with all the shipping they do....

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
if they wont replace the one rim.. then i'd tell them u want all of your money back.. they can have all 4 rims back. because you're not a satisfied customer. tell them you're going to a different high dollar rim company. they'll get jealous

Last edited:

steve-099xlt

Established Member
you think the delivery guy gives a shit? all they do is get the signature and hop back in the truck....

X2. After the customer takes the box into their possesion/opens it the ups delivery driver can NOT take it back. You need to file a claim asap. Ups should pay for it for sure.

Last edited:

bullittbuild

Established Member
Well a little update they are going to replace the lip for free. I thinks it's shitty how UPS opens packages makes me wonder if they don't take things that they think people won't notice. I accepted the wheels after looking I didn't see it at first. Steve at iForged has been a huge help. But as stated before customer service is poor and it's hard to get answers. The pictures do not do justice. You guys will see here very soon!

F8L BYT

Established Member
Tyler you dick, you never told me the part about ups haha

I would be pissed but it looks like you might never see it once the tire is mounted. you might luck out.

That's not the point! Put yourself in Tyler's shoes, you spend over $3k in wheels and they should show up perfect period! Whether iforged did it or ups did it that is for them to figure out and regardless its not tylers fault and iforged should fix it and have it back ASAP but like many other have said their customer service seems to blow dick hole so I dont see that happening

I'd be flaming pissed, those wheels cost a ton and should be delivered in perfect condition IMO.

Exactly!!!!

Carlos c

Established Member
if they wont replace the one rim.. then i'd tell them u want all of your money back.. they can have all 4 rims back. because you're not a satisfied customer. tell them you're going to a different high dollar rim company. they'll get jealous

That's just it, iForged does not give a $hit! I've heard lots of complaints with that company. Maybe the credit card company could help if they were ordered that way.

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
UPS will fix there customer service is pretty good and if they dont put the heat on IForged for sure in the end they are the ones that need to ensure you are a happy customer, Talk to someone with some pull not just a desk jockey.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
So you think someone purposely opened your one wheel box and damaged it? Doubtful. Packages get damaged unfortunately, with all the packages going through centers and peoples hands someone is bound to have a problem with their shipment.

At least they are going to replace your lip which they should when you spend that kind of money for a set of wheels. I guarantee Steve at True Forged would not of even questioned it and said to send the rim back for repair. That's why people give him their business.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The manufacturer/shipper needs to be the one to submit the claim, not the recipient.

If iForged is found to have improperly packaged their wheels for UPS, then they need to foot the bill and make it right and get you a fixed rim. If its found that their packaging was sufficient by UPS then they will get reimbursed whatever the cost of a new wheel/repairs to said wheel will be from UPS.

I worked for a cabinet company and we would ship one-off hardwood stain-matched doors, and once in a while one would arrive damaged. I would have to submit a claim along with a sales order to prove the cost to replace. UPS would go to the recipients address, inspect the packaging (we wrapped doors in thin-foam and then hard foam on all edges with cardboard corner protectors and then box it all), and then they would send us a credit for that amount plus usually a credit to re-ship the replacement.

This is standard for all the manufacturing companies ive worked for thus far. Why iForged feels you should pay for fixing the wheel, either due to their improper/insufficient packaging or due to UPS mishandling, is beyond me. If I was iForged id be using this as a case study into better packaging process. There are companies that can make custom foam packaging inserts, id look into having a company make ring-like inserts that fit over the lip and protect it from damage.

you think the delivery guy gives a shit? all they do is get the signature and hop back in the truck....

You can reject the delivery if the package and contents are damaged, most drivers know when boxes look damaged to inform the recipient to inspect the contents, which is what the driver did in the OP's post.

If rejected, the items will be shipped back to the point of origin and they will have to do due-diligence on the rest.

I believe a recipient can also still mark a package as received with damage and sign off on it and do the claim themselves and inform the shipper/manufacturer.

Last edited:

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
i once had to file a claim through UPS and they did not pay. that was the last time i opted for insurance. they even told me that my friend who received the package should of opened it up and checked everything out in front of the delivery guy.

Users who are viewing this thread