Should I jump on this Mach 1 for 17k?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I looked at all those dealers and nothing even close to what you're talking about. Everything in the 17-19k range has 90k miles or more. To get something under 50k miles you start to get up in the 22-23 range.... And most of these cars are modded pretty heavy and probabely dumped after being abused to hell.... I just want a clean, low mileage car in very good condition and somewhat close to stock, wether it be a mach 1 or cobra. The condition of the car matters to me more than wether the motor can handle 18lbs of boost. I'm not an 18 year old backwards wearing hat kid that is racing everything on the street so 600hp is a small part of the equation. Just saying.

Link me to a comp orange or mystic cobra with under 50k miles for 20 grand or under and I'll buy it this week, then I'll paypal you 100 bucks for the reference.

Haha man love this finally somebody that agrees with me I think! & exactly I'm not an 18 yr old that wants a cobra to say i got a cobra and it can handle a ton of boost just a clean and decently quick nice looking car! And I told the guy to find one yet he can't he is just talking out of you know what!

I can't find a nice clean cobra as clean as mine for even $25k it's insane yet this guy thinks he knows everything cause he owns a cobra and works at Ford dealer. Little does he know I work at car dealer too and these cars are probably repossessed and sold at auction after being treated like crap!

& if you want a clean low mileage 2v convertible i got the car for you! ;)

B1GP1MP1N

Established Member
I am in the process of purchasing an all original 04 screaming yellow with 2400 original miles for more than what you are looking at paying. I have researched these and they have a very strong book value. Call me crazy but I figure I am buying a car that only 768 were made in the color so overall it's unique and worth the money to me. I think the price you are looking at paying is well worth it.
BTW, I looked at Cobras as well but couldn't find any in the shape that this Mach 1 was is for less than $28K.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I am in the process of purchasing an all original 04 screaming yellow with 2400 original miles for more than what you are looking at paying. I have researched these and they have a very strong book value. Call me crazy but I figure I am buying a car that only 768 were made in the color so overall it's unique and worth the money to me. I think the price you are looking at paying is well worth it.
BTW, I looked at Cobras as well but couldn't find any in the shape that this Mach 1 was is for less than $28K.

I agree 100% with this guy. car is a good deal at this price! and cobra are hard to find in mint condition.

and where is the guy that said you could buy a low mileage co cobra for $20k!?!? :lol:

ModMike1572

Established Member
Found a comp orange on autotrader (almost 40k miles) for just over 17 from a dealer...

Emailed to see what kind of cash price they can do for me (was hoping they would significantely lower the out the door price) they said 19,300. Lmao

Makes the 13,000 mile one in the op look like a complete steal.

Found another from a private seller. 03 Azure Blue 1 owner car just rolled over 30k miles, very clean and mint condition for 15k firm. I thought that was fair but still not overwhelmed. I would feel comfortable paying 13-14 for it IMO.

Gunna keep on waiting for that right deal. It just seems like everyone is asking big bucks and none of them are selling...

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
It seems like the equivalent of a terminator with those kind of miles and in a rare desirable color would run 25 grand or more. I could be wrong but thats what it seems.

i think you are right about that, esp in a color you specifically want like comp orange, if you can find one. i paid 25k for a sonic blue coupe last year with 11k from the original owner.

Not everyone wants to slap on a supercharger. I'd be happy in the future with cams. I for one don't care if my mustang doesn't make the same number as another mustang. Sounds like he wants a nice weekend driver that's fun to drive and turns heads. I paid 17k for my Mach 1 a couple years ago with 8500 miles on it. Mine didn't have an exhaust either. I would have bought this in a heartbeat if I was looking again. For the price your getting a practically brand new Mach 1. You couldn't touch a decent cobra for that price. Much nicer than a 99-01 cobra. Plus you have a good idea it's been taken care of. No brainer to me. :beer:

i agree and if you want a mach1 op, this sounds like the one to get. best of luck! :beer:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

B1GP1MP1N

Established Member
I will tell you guys this. Took a look at this one today traveling into Pittsburgh

http://www.washingtonford.com/used/Ford/2003-Ford-Mustang-f46868be0a0a00de007e97d8e290ddaa.htm

Very very clean car has one rock chip and that's it but car has 5 owners and very very bad head tick. Salesman wouldn't even let us drive and said head tick is normal. Won't budge off $19k asking price either

Makes me want this orange one in tn even more too

I saw this one on Autotrader. I emailed them but never went to look at it. I found the one I am going to pick up on Wednesday on Autotrader as well.

http://m.autotrader.com/vdp.html?id=349026581

I just hope it's as good in person as in pictures.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I saw this one on Autotrader. I emailed them but never went to look at it. I found the one I am going to pick up on Wednesday on Autotrader as well.

http://m.autotrader.com/vdp.html?id=349026581

I just hope it's as good in person as in pictures.

I saw that one too but didn't like front license plate on it but good deal I feel if you can get for a few thousand less and you look at the red one in Washington?

B1GP1MP1N

Established Member
I saw that one too but didn't like front license plate on it but good deal I feel if you can get for a few thousand less and you look at the red one in Washington?

Yeah Ohio has a front and back plate so all cars have a license plate bracket on the front which sucks.

Yeah I have looked at just about everything within a 200 mile radius of me.

I also found a Oxford White one in Quakerstown PA with about 3000 miles on it but it was a much longer drive to get there. It was an auction car which made me a bit nervous as well.

NELCO

Established Member
I would pay the 17k.............It is the Car You Want.............Go Buy It....You only live Once!!!!!:banana::banana::beer:
Nelco

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Yeah Ohio has a front and back plate so all cars have a license plate bracket on the front which sucks.

Yeah I have looked at just about everything within a 200 mile radius of me.

I also found a Oxford White one in Quakerstown PA with about 3000 miles on it but it was a much longer drive to get there. It was an auction car which made me a bit nervous as well.

I live in Ohio and my mustang doesn't have one and never will. Whole family has them tag less on the front ;)

B1GP1MP1N

Established Member
No idea had the mustang 2 years with no plate and daily drive it except in winter and no problems yet and parents been going longer then that with no issues

Lol I hope you didn't just jinx yourself

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
I wouldn't let the front plate holes scare you. Mine had them. I just put some small black plugs in the holes until I got the front bumper resprayed. Hardly noticeable. Now I have no plate holes and no rock chips.
Here's with the plate holes and some bug guts before the respray.
rery5a7a.jpg

The head tick one is insanity though :eek:

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I wouldn't let the front plate holes scare you. Mine had them. I just put some small black plugs in the holes until I got the front bumper resprayed. Hardly noticeable. Now I have no plate holes and no rock chips.
Here's with the plate holes and some bug guts before the respray.
rery5a7a.jpg

The head tick one is insanity though :eek:

Yeah I can't do the plugs and hard to make the bumper look factory good after 4 big holes drilled in it and yes that head tick was awful I've never heard it before but I couldn't miss it. Soon as salesman fired it up I was done. He said "oh that's normal let it warm up" 15 mins later running yeah still ticking just as bad. Um interested no way lol

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
You can't even tell my bumper has has the holes filled and has be en repainted. Just saying, shouldn't be a deal breaker:beer: Here's an after shot.
adegese5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread