Should I jump on this Mach 1 for 17k?

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
I got mine in Columbus, Indiana. I got a one way plane ticket, left my house in PA at 330 am and pulled in the driveway with my mustang at 1030 pm. Tickets for my dad and I were around 200 bucks. Best road trip I've ever done. I wanted a low mileage garage kept car because it's clean top and bottom. Hell the floorboards are still shiny grey paint. The only rust was on the rear axle because they come unpainted. All bolts come out effortlessly. Here's the underside of mine. It's all what your budget allows and what you wanna deal with.
u7uzy5a7.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Dont care how clean it is, no mach1 is worth 17k in today's market. Far superior cars can be had for that money.

ModMike1572

Established Member
So, with that being said... What would be considered a 'good deal' on a low mileage clean Mach 1... And by low mileage I mean in the 30 something range or under..

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I would buy this for $17k right now if my car sold for even close to what i want for it. You cant find a cobra this clean with 13k for anywhere near $20k. somebody buy my clean 02 gt vert with 50k and i will make this mach mine!!

NastyNate420

Established Member
Do what you want... but $17k would be too high for me!
I love my car and I paid $16k for it 6 years ago and it had 33k miles on it.
But hey whatever makes you happy!
Money comes and goes!

Zemedici

Established Member
Spend a little more an get a cobra

:beer:

I have a 2003 mach 1 i bought for 15,500 from the original owner with 10,000 miles on it in dark shadow gray and as for it being a common car there was 3 times as many cobras made in 03 and 04 as there where mach 1 not knocking the cobras by no means they are beast but to be honest the only reason the 03-04 cobras have maintained their value is due to the supercharger without it the car is just an average 99-02 cobra that retails for less than a mach 1. Its all a matter of prefrence i love the terminators but liked the fact that the mach was a limited numbered car.

ignore this entire mundane post.

2003 Cobra - 13476

2004 Cobra - 5664

Total - 19,140

2003 Mach 1 - 9652

2004 Mach 1 - 7137

Total - 16,789

Not sure where you got your numbers from. The Mach 1 is just about as "rare" as the cobras are. The 03-04 cobras are much more than "just a supercharger" as well. Compared to the Mach 1s they have different engines...transmissions...rear end...etc.

Both cars are good in their own ways.

Thank you. :beer:

yeah, but a 03/04 cobra is so much better, faster, mean, sexy lol.. don't get me wrong mach 1 is a nice car, but it's nothing CRAZY stock vs stock 03/04 cobra lol & even if both were modded.. the cobra takes the win just for having a stock forged bottom end.. all you do is swap out the supercharger and you're good to go. Think about the headache ($$$) you have to go through just to get a mach 1 to hit the same power as a kb/whipple cobra.

I sold my CO mach1 to get my Cobra---I did love the mach but the Cobra is so much more......

Up to you OP, I wouldnt pay 17k for a Mach 1 unless the car had 100 miles on it. That's cobra territory. If you want a mach, just look for a very well taken care of higher mileage one, and save yourself 7 grand.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member

ignore this entire mundane post.

Thank you. :beer:

Up to you OP, I wouldnt pay 17k for a Mach 1 unless the car had 100 miles on it. That's cobra territory. If you want a mach, just look for a very well taken care of higher mileage one, and save yourself 7 grand.

you sir are out of your mind. cobra territory with what 70k miles on it and been dogged? 100 miles now we are talking mid-high $20,000s collectors item. you know how stupid you sound?

orange isnt exactly a widely produced color either. 3rd rarest in 04 and only made in 04

ModMike1572

Established Member

Someone point me in the direction of a 2003/04 cobra with under 30k miles for 17 grand and I"ll buy it TODAY. Point me in the direction of ANY color terminator, let alone comp orange.

:pop:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Someone point me in the direction of a 2003/04 cobra with under 30k miles for 17 grand and I"ll buy it TODAY. Point me in the direction of ANY color terminator, let alone comp orange.

:pop:

Amen brother i am right there with you. They have no idea what they are talking about

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
messaged the guy on ebay he has an 89 ssc he is also getting ready to sell and he hopes this mach will go close to sticker so a far cry from the price of the comp orange one op wants and i want

Zemedici

Established Member
I have no idea what I'm talking about? LOL I drive an 04 cobra man, not to mention I work in a Ford dealership.

So its a mach 1? Whoopdedoo.....still not worth 17k.

and lol at 70k being "A TON OF MILES"

so the car has nice paint? You cant assume the dude hasnt beat it to death, its still a mustang. Talk about putting a car on a pedestal. Check out lamotorcars/texashotrides/cosmomotorsonline. They're 20k for 50k miles. Mystichrome, CO, whatever color you want.

Then again, its a cobra, with the supercharger, forged motor, IRS, fancy shmancy seats. Gotta pay to play.

In the end OP its your money, and up to you. We cant tell you to do with your money. ha I would spend 4k more and buy a CO termi.

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I have no idea what I'm talking about? LOL I drive an 04 cobra man, not to mention I work in a Ford dealership.

So its a mach 1? Whoopdedoo.....still not worth 17k.

and lol at 70k being "A TON OF MILES"

so the car has nice paint? You cant assume the dude hasnt beat it to death, its still a mustang. Talk about putting a car on a pedestal. Check out lamotorcars/texashotrides/cosmomotorsonline. They're 20k for 50k miles. Mystichrome, CO, whatever color you want.

Then again, its a cobra, with the supercharger, forged motor, IRS, fancy shmancy seats. Gotta pay to play.

In the end OP its your money, and up to you. We cant tell you to do with your money. ha I would spend 4k more and buy a CO termi.
good for you. and 50k is too many miles to me. i drove a 03 cobra vert with 20k miles and it wasnt in as good as shape as my 50k 2v vert. and they wanted $24,500 for it

im no where near texas and la and cosmo has one cobra vert with 39k and they want $25k for it. no where near 4k more then this $17k 13,000 mile mach

there is a link if you dont believe me

find me a comp orange termi with 13k miles for $21k and its sold today dude get real

2003 Used Ford Mustang SVT Cobra at Cosmo Motors Serving Hickory, NC, IID 10607820

Zemedici

Established Member
good for you. and 50k is too many miles to me. i drove a 03 cobra vert with 20k miles and it wasnt in as good as shape as my 50k 2v vert. and they wanted $24,500 for it

im no where near texas and la and cosmo has one cobra vert with 39k and they want $25k for it. no where near 4k more then this $17k 13,000 mile mach

there is a link if you dont believe me

find me a comp orange termi with 13k miles for $21k and its sold today dude get real

2003 Used Ford Mustang SVT Cobra at Cosmo Motors Serving Hickory, NC, IID 10607820

You're missing the entire point. Cobras cost more money, plain and simple. There's a reason too.....So stick to your 2v :rolling:

I dont understand the infatuation with these "SUPER LOW MILEAGE" cars. I would rather buy a car with some miles on it, so any issues would have arisen and been taken care of, than have a car that could develop a head tick, oil consumption issue, etc etc. Not to mention I would save moeny in the process

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
You're missing the entire point. Cobras cost more money, plain and simple. There's a reason too.....So stick to your 2v :rolling:

I dont understand the infatuation with these "SUPER LOW MILEAGE" cars. I would rather buy a car with some miles on it, so any issues would have arisen and been taken care of, than have a car that could develop a head tick, oil consumption issue, etc etc. Not to mention I would save moeny in the process

Yeah go ahead make fun of the 2v that is cleaner then your car. My car stickered for just as much as an 03 mach but does that matter??

And I would rather buy <20k miles cause I can't find one as good shape as mine it's sad

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
He's already said he does not want a Cobra. They are nice cars and everyone understands they cost more. I think they are nice cars. I can appreciate any mustang. Talk about a pissing contest. Jesus. Try posting over on the mach1 registry. There may even be some nice cars over there for sale. Private party value on KBB for a Mach 1 with 13k in excellent condition is 18,600 and trade in value is 16,200 BTW. I know these aren't set in stone but they are a good starting point. It's actually gone up on the there. I'm sure NADA is lower.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
He's already said he does not want a Cobra. They are nice cars and everyone understands they cost more. I think they are nice cars. I can appreciate any mustang. Talk about a pissing contest. Jesus. Try posting over on the mach1 registry. There may even be some nice cars over there for sale. Private party value on KBB for a Mach 1 with 13k in excellent condition is 18,600 and trade in value is 16,200 BTW. I know these aren't set in stone but they are a good starting point. It's actually gone up on the there. I'm sure NADA is lower.
Exactly man but while i agree with you i will tell you kbb means squat anymore. my car books for $13k on kbb and cant get a hit in the $11,000s for it

but yes i want a mach not a cobra unless i run into a ton of cash lol but a nice mach 1 with under 25k i can put wheels/exhaust on it to start is perfect

ModMike1572

Established Member
Check out lamotorcars/texashotrides/cosmomotorsonline. They're 20k for 50k miles. Mystichrome, CO, whatever color you want.

I looked at all those dealers and nothing even close to what you're talking about. Everything in the 17-19k range has 90k miles or more. To get something under 50k miles you start to get up in the 22-23 range.... And most of these cars are modded pretty heavy and probabely dumped after being abused to hell.... I just want a clean, low mileage car in very good condition and somewhat close to stock, wether it be a mach 1 or cobra. The condition of the car matters to me more than wether the motor can handle 18lbs of boost. I'm not an 18 year old backwards wearing hat kid that is racing everything on the street so 600hp is a small part of the equation. Just saying.

Link me to a comp orange or mystic cobra with under 50k miles for 20 grand or under and I'll buy it this week, then I'll paypal you 100 bucks for the reference.

Users who are viewing this thread