Should I put a cage in my car?

If it was your car would you put a cage in it?

• hell yes! I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time....

Votes: 53 52.0%
  • hell no! you dumbass that cars too nice for a cage....

Votes: 49 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cobra4Me

Established Member
What ever makes you happy, it is your car and if you enjoy racing it and have to install the roll cage to do so, then do it !
If not just buy a beater car to race and save that cool ride.

DopeStang

Established Member
no cage!, i hate looking at cars that are all hacked up...cut up interior panels and all that

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
I'm actually going to agree with Common, you NEED to get rid of those wheels asap... And thats a no on the cage.

AZSaleen04

Shelby GT500
Established Member
You know my take man! I decided also not to run a cage and just get soemething else. That's why I picked up the Notch. I'm in the process of picking up a 331 and a little bit down the line run a turbo on it. It's up to you!

We had a good race that day at Speedworld but I'm not sure if it's worth chopin the car.

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member
That looks more like a show car then a track car, dont put that bar on there. If you are dead set in having one get the lightbar that has a bar in side of it so it at least is hidden

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I would if you actually enjoy using your car for some fun at the track. I mean what the heck is the point to modding your car(performance wise) if you won't go out and use it?

It looks like a MM cage, I thought those fit in the verts with the rear seat? I mean obviously you have to put some holes in the carpet for the mounting plates, but shoot new carpeting for a mustang is like ~150, so if you ever planned on selling the car, covering up the fact that is once had a cage in it would be super easy to do.

Last edited:

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
What are you actually running for them to tell you that you need a cage? I would say don't do it to a vert and you should trade out for a drag setup if you are going to put in the cage.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
What are you actually running for them to tell you that you need a cage? I would say don't do it to a vert and you should trade out for a drag setup if you are going to put in the cage.

I am pretty sure it is a 13.5 or quicker in a vert and you need the roll bar.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I voted no because personally I hate cages in cars. It is one thing if it is a track car and that is the only place it is seen, but it is a different story when you are talking about a street car.

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Think about it this way, how useful is the back seat in that car anyways? Not very and it's just a mustang that you can take it back out of if you choose to down the road.

Put that roll bar in and be done with it.

Spitfire_GT

Back in the saddle
Established Member
Nope, that is a clean cruiser. Selling those rims would buy you a car for the strip to **** up.

I was on the edge forever with my 02GT and I'm glad I never took the plunge.

daydark

Established Member
I put the same cage in my car last month and am not regretting it. Honestly man, and I don't mean this rude, but... it's a Mustang... Yeah, it's mystachrome, neat, but it's still a Mustang. Cage it and have fun with it.

silvrsrt

Established Member
Think about it this way, how useful is the back seat in that car anyways? Not very and it's just a mustang that you can take it back out of if you choose to down the road.

Put that roll bar in and be done with it.

this is what I am shooting for. Put the cage in and enjoy it :banana: I can always take the cage out right?

DUMBASS

Banned
no cage!, i hate looking at cars that are all hacked up...cut up interior panels and all that

if you do it right it can be really clean. i get compliments on my cage everywhere i go. Fits the car perfectly. Of course mine was not a crappy bolt in thing and was cut and fit perfectly for my car.

61mmstang94

Established Member
this is what I am shooting for. Put the cage in and enjoy it :banana: I can always take the cage out right?

Exactly, it's a bolt-in, right? Also, it appears you already have it so put it in and enjoy the car like it was meant to be. Not to mention I think the roll bar looks sweet in the verts as well.

For the guys saying "don't ruin a perfect cruiser", what does that mean? How will his car be any less enjoyable for him with the roll bar in there or not? If I had to bet it's not like he loads up 4 of his friends every time he goes for a ride and needs the back seat and I bet the back seat's rarely used in his car anyways. I think it would be less enjoyable not to be able to go to the tracks around his area now that they've already kicked him out and it's safer with the Vert to boot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread