Should I put a cage in my car?

If it was your car would you put a cage in it?

• hell yes! I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time....

Votes: 53 52.0%
  • hell no! you dumbass that cars too nice for a cage....

Votes: 49 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DUMBASS

Banned
I put the same cage in my car last month and am not regretting it. Honestly man, and I don't mean this rude, but... it's a Mustang... Yeah, it's mystachrome, neat, but it's still a Mustang. Cage it and have fun with it.

mystichromes are one of the least rare production colors anyway in 2004. there was only one color option that had more cars produced. why does everyone think they are so rare or special?

bb97gt

Established Member
I would go for it, get a 6 point roll BAR with swing outs, that's what i have in my car, once you take the door bars out you forget it's there! Just take the time install it right and it will be nice and clean looking. Also if you were planning on using the one you have pictured, I wouldn't, harness bar is supposed to be fixed.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Also if you were planning on using the one you have pictured, I wouldn't, harness bar is supposed to be fixed.

That's what I was going to say. The harness bar can't be a bolt in for it to be legal. I wanna say the roll bar mounting points can't be bolted in for it to be legal either, has to be welded. Some tracks are a little more lenient than others though.

bb97gt

Established Member
That's what I was going to say. The harness bar can't be a bolt in for it to be legal. I wanna say the roll bar mounting points can't be bolted in for it to be legal either, has to be welded. Some tracks are a little more lenient than others though.

It can be bolted in, but you would be correct, some tracks could care less

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
mystichromes are one of the least rare production colors anyway in 2004. there was only one color option that had more cars produced. why does everyone think they are so rare or special?

Now for the "haters" of Rollbars in Vert's I beg to differ. Granted I didn't want one either but it's crazy to have one of these cars and not be able to drag race it if you want to.

I have never had one person say they didn't like it in person. Period. That's why I spent a little more money on it.

One last thing. My bar is 99% covered in 3M clear bra kit. Nothing worse than looking at a really expensive car with a chipped up and scratched all to hell roll bar inside it. Mine will never look like that.

PosiTFwheelshighresolutionpics075.jpg

Last edited:

bb97gt

Established Member
Now for the "haters" of Rollbars in Vert's I beg to differ. Granted I didn't want one either but it's crazy to have one of these cars and not be able to drag race it if you want to.

I have never had one person say they didn't like it in person. Period. That's why I spent a little more money on it.

One last thing. My bar is 99% covered in 3M clear bra kit. Nothing worse than looking at a really expensive car with a chipped up and scratched all to hell roll bar inside it. Mine will never look like that.

PosiTFwheelshighresolutionpics075.jpg

That looks sick!!!:rockon:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks! It's going to really get cleaned up this summer and a bunch of pictures are going to get taken. I can't wait lol.

OP don't worry about value either because our cars are worth what we can get. Honestly I wouldn't want to sell my car to someone that was going to street race or anything else stupid without a cage in it. I'd tell them to find another one.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
I say yes. I personally love the look of a vert with a cage. It doesn't take away from the top down driving experience at all. Here is a few pics of mine (ordered through Steeda). Some love it, some HATE it, as shown by the poll 50-50...........

22304070052_large.jpg

22304070062_large.jpg

22304070059_large.jpg

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
I put the same cage in my car last month and am not regretting it. Honestly man, and I don't mean this rude, but... it's a Mustang... Yeah, it's mystachrome, neat, but it's still a Mustang. Cage it and have fun with it.

if you do it right it can be really clean. i get compliments on my cage everywhere i go. Fits the car perfectly. Of course mine was not a crappy bolt in thing and was cut and fit perfectly for my car.

I would go for it, get a 6 point roll BAR with swing outs, that's what i have in my car, once you take the door bars out you forget it's there! Just take the time install it right and it will be nice and clean looking. Also if you were planning on using the one you have pictured, I wouldn't, harness bar is supposed to be fixed.

can you guys post pics of your cars with cage inside? thanks

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Man, there are better cages out there that dont require removing the back seat. My uncle has one in his car, and he has complete interior. I wouldnt put the one that replaces the back seat, NO... But I would put a cage in a convertable either way. They are not rigid at all, makes it handle much better, and (god forbid) you ever wreck and roll over, the cloth roof is not going to save your ass. I would always put a cage in a fast vert... My uncles goes in the side panels next to the seat, he just had to mod those, but my kids still ride in the car all the time.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
Really???? A 13.5 or faster in a vert and you are suppose to have a cage? If that is the case then that would be the first thing I would have done.. I ran a 12.2 in a vert I had and they never said anything to me, but then again they probably just let me slide.

onebad331

Established Member
just bolt it down when you go to the track shit they will never know. you can always buy new carpet.

weld a couple bolts under the carpet put the carpet back in and bolt it down that way you can take it in and out when you go to the track and if you sell it you can remove it,remove the bolts and put new carpet in it and know one will ever know.

sounds like a good idea to me and sounds pretty simple. dont cut anything but the carpet lol

daydark

Established Member
can you guys post pics of your cars with cage inside? thanks

Shitty pics taken with my iPhone. Painted DSG. Honestly man, anyone telling you that that 6pt rollbar will ruin the "DD-ability" of the car has either never put a bar in their car or is lying to you. I noticed absolutely ZERO change in "harshness" while driving. The only time you can tell that the chassis is stiffer is when going over speedbumps or pulling into a steep driveway, and the car feels stiffer in a good way; you don't feel the chassis bending and flexing. But as far is cruising down the streets, there is nothing annoying about it. Put the rollbar in and don't look back.

mm_cage2.jpg

mm_cage3.jpg

2kSilverSteed

Cammed GT
Established Member
I ride is Clay's (daydarks) 03 Cobra nearly every day. The car behaves very well. I dont see why people are so afraid of putting cages in their car. I wouldnt think twice about it. The car drives very tamely, and the overall feel of the car is actually enhanced.

After all, its just a Mustang, why not cage it?

Users who are viewing this thread