Should I put a cage in my car?

If it was your car would you put a cage in it?

• hell yes! I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time....

Votes: 53 52.0%
  • hell no! you dumbass that cars too nice for a cage....

Votes: 49 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
If you had a coupe I would say do it, but in a vert probably not. If you like racing your car so much you should sell it and buy a hard top, or just buy a foxbody.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I say put the cage in, my car will eventually have one in it.

What would be really sweet is if you had it painted Mystichrome to match the car, that would really make it stand out.

svtwelch711

Established Member
Cage It KEEP The Rims. I Dont Think Anyone Knows What Kind Of Power That Car Threw Down.....If You Want To Make A Half Track Pass On Your Slicks You Will Need A Cage In THAT Car.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
quit being a pussy and cage that shit. ITS JUST A CAR!!! shit, the off road guys would be laughing so hard at this shit(yes, even the guys that are concious of body damage)!

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Man they make nice cages with removable door bars that also swing out. I had one in my car. Roll bars on not that bad on the streets, just dont remove the stock seat belts. Bolt in cages are 100 percent legal in NHRA and IHRA. I believe NHRA is a 13.9 and faster, and IHRA is a 13.5 and faster. If ya have run a 13.9 or faster or run a standard transmission with slicks, you are also required to have a driveshaft safety loop.

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
i had one in my vert and it looked like crap, also it made it very hard to sell the car.

silvrsrt

Established Member
the cage was modified to fit with the removal of the back seats. I plan on installing the cage and build a custom rear seat delete around it.

NITMARE

Established Member
quit being a pussy and cage that shit. ITS JUST A CAR!!!
x2!

It's just a car man....and just a Mustang at that. If you are making power and you race then just do it. And if you run swingouts then you are literally giving up nothing.

61mmstang94

Established Member
the cage was modified to fit with the removal of the back seats. I plan on installing the cage and build a custom rear seat delete around it.

Exactly, and to the people talking about resale value of the car, it's a damn bolt-in setup that can be easily removed so I'm not sure why it's such a big deal. It's not like he's doing a weld-in 10 point cage...

THE_STIG

Established Member
Get a lightbar and get the cage that wraps around that, it looks sick, a couple members on here have it.

IShb3w

Established Member
put the cage in, but only, and i mean ONLY, after you get it painted mystichrome to match the car, how sweet would that be?

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
So here is the deal, I hated living so far away from the track (2 hours) when I lived in Idaho. Now I live less than 20 minutes from speedworld and less than 30 minutes from firebird!!! (AZ)

The problem is I have already been kicked out of both tracks for no cage.... well now I have this sitting in my bedroom........

cage.jpg

would you put that in this???????

l_06ffa807ac8e7ce05cee174bd152d9b4.jpg

l_e0dd594c16971d187ab76cb49d9f1a31.jpg

It will require drilling 24 holes in my car, and removing the back seat :( Im torn!

you plan on putting a mountain lion in the backseat or something? :shrug:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I was thinking a removal hardtop might be an answer. But, if researching them they're not cheap and really don't offer any protection. Frankly, if you are going to race it more than occasionally I'd do the rollbar....or get a coupe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread