Should i trade? pics inside

OneSlowCobra

JackStand Racing :(
Established Member
I have a 03 cobra vert black with 92,000 miles or something close to that. Its pullied, exhuast, intake, and tune and a few little other misc things.

Today i got a trade offer for a red, original owner, mint condition, 5 speed, 32,000 mile 03 mach 1. He wants to do a straight trade. It is all original expect for 4.10 gears and a short throw. It has stock, wheels, filter, battery etc etc.

Thoughts? Should i ask him for cash on top? Fair trade? obviously i know its like a 160rwhp hit on power but thats not really important to me. I would build the shit out of anyway with cams/eaton/suspension by the end of winter.

This is my car. Obviously its not hard to picture a completely stock mint condition red mach 1..

IMG_0490-1.jpg

DSCN0966.jpg

IMG_0469-1.jpg

2003MACH1RED24000LOT2-600x450.jpg

OneSlowCobra

Established Member
yeah i know my cobra is super clean and runs strong. It has 04 heads on it and im the third owner. The previous owner (im very sure) beat the living hell out of it but did keep it clean and changed the oil etc.

03MACHONE

Established Member
haha i loved my mach but if i had it to do all over a terminator would have been sitting in my garage rather than the mach

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would honestly take the mach 1. But only because of the low miles and you know it will be dependable. At close to 100k you are getting to the "replace" stage of your cars life. Obviously it varies car to car and how well you took care of it in the early years. A mach with 4.10s will be a lot of fun. Get some exhaust and you will love it. If all you care about is power keep the cobra.

Care looks good for 92k. :)

OneSlowCobra

Established Member
Some basic thoughts-

I dont dd my sports cars
I dont make a shit ton of money for rebuilds/problems
I know how to build cars
I know how to fix anything
If a motor blew i could rebuild it in about 2.5 months of saving money
my girlfriend drives my cars
I like long road trips to shows
I beat the shit out of all my cars but am on top of maintenance like crazy
My cobra is very clean and runs great

Both cars are somewhat rare and hold value good. Coupe will be better for building/track but really what im into is sick street cars and dont really care much for drag racing. I go like 3 times a year.

Im really stuck on the miles/original owner and mintness of the mach.

Plus the shaker, spoiler, seats, and look of the mach are sexy tooo.

I would turn it into this within a few weeks...
2004-torch-red-mustang-mach1-03.jpg

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I say no...you haven't had the Cobra long though.

Why you looking to move it already? IIRC you got a great deal on it too didn't you?

Users who are viewing this thread