Should Shelby Make The KR Hood Available For Public Purchase?

Should Shelby make the KR hood available to anyone?

• Yes.

Votes: 69 71.9%
  • No.

Votes: 27 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Intruder

Established Member
Shelby has told me the KR hood would retail for $6500.00. Expensive, but if someone wanted to purchase one at that price, I think they should be able to.

They also said the reason it wasn't available was to cut down the cloans, since as they put it, cloans devalue the vehicles and it wouldn't be fair to those who purchased a real Shelby.

And yet, they sell GT500 parts on their website.

Fellows, if it's not a KR or Shelby GT, they don't consider it a real Shelby despite what they pay lip service to.

chuckstang

Established Member
I say make it available

Clones are gay but they dont bother me, to each his own, its their car and they can do what they want or should at least

ViciousJay

Established Member
this is why ford is going futher and further down... witht he Challenger and Camaro in the horizon, FORD had better get their act together before they get pushed out of the market

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Shelby has told me the KR hood would retail for $6500.00. Expensive, but if someone wanted to purchase one at that price, I think they should be able to.

They also said the reason it wasn't available was to cut down the cloans, since as they put it, cloans devalue the vehicles and it wouldn't be fair to those who purchased a real Shelby.

And yet, they sell GT500 parts on their website.

Fellows, if it's not a KR or Shelby GT, they don't consider it a real Shelby despite what they pay lip service to.

:shrug:what would it matter? cervinis or some other company will make a version, sell it for $600 and call it their KR500 hood or something like that

Intruder

Established Member
Well, some people, like myself want to keep their Shelby GT500, Shelby original, even though Shelby Vegas doesn't see the need to protect the GT500's authenticity........

Basically, by their actions and what they sell, Shelby is good with a bunch of cloned GT500's running around....because in their mind ( and I already know what they say ) a GT500 that has never seen Vegas, ain't a real Shelby.....so cloan away.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Well, some people, like myself want to keep their Shelby GT500, Shelby original, even though Shelby Vegas doesn't see the need to protect the GT500's authenticity........

Basically, by their actions and what they sell, Shelby is good with a bunch of cloned GT500's running around....because in their mind ( and I already know what they say ) a GT500 that has never seen Vegas, ain't a real Shelby.....so cloan away.

yea i understand. funny thing, i just had to explain to my gf early today that a mustang gt with a cervinis "eleanor kit" thats for sale down the street isn't a shelby, even though the owner put cobra emblems and the shelby fake gas cap on it:kaboom:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
this is why ford is going futher and further down... witht he Challenger and Camaro in the horizon, FORD had better get their act together before they get pushed out of the market

What? What are you talking about? What the hell does selling hoods from a special edition have to do with the Camaro, Challenger or general state of Ford?

Seriously, what's wrong with this section?

ViciousJay

Established Member
What? What are you talking about? What the hell does selling hoods from a special edition have to do with the Camaro, Challenger or general state of Ford?

Seriously, what's wrong with this section?

cuz they hold a patent on it dumbass... its stuff (expensive parts) like this that hold people back from buying cars, they figure why should i bother cuz ill never have it the way i want it... food for thought... but i guess some people like you will go into SUPER DEBT to make yourself happy :rollseyes

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
honestly though, does it really matter whether shelby care about clones or not? the only thing shelby has in common with the gt500 is ford's license to put his name on the car. clones aren't going to hurt the value your car. yours has the correct components and correct VIN. it's not like the cars are going to appreciate in value anyways

Fastfords

Established Member
honestly though, does it really matter whether shelby care about clones or not? the only thing shelby has in common with the gt500 is ford's license to put his name on the car. clones aren't going to hurt the value your car. yours has the correct components and correct VIN. it's not like the cars are going to appreciate in value anyways

Exactly. Anyone who mistakes a clone for a real car is not going to know the difference between a real KR hood and a knockoff. Besides, at $6500 for the hood plus paint who would be crazy enough to buy one? I like the way they look but not at that price. If someone who owns a GT500 wants a KR that bad I suggest they stop modding the 500 and wait until the dealers soften on the KR's to trade their car in for one. If they can get msrp, the tax saving on the trade and the money saved on a aftermarket blower swap should put them pretty close. Just a thought.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
cuz they hold a patent on it dumbass... its stuff (expensive parts) like this that hold people back from buying cars, they figure why should i bother cuz ill never have it the way i want it... food for thought... but i guess some people like you will go into SUPER DEBT to make yourself happy :rollseyes

trying to understand....

its fords mistake not to sell items people want. however regardless of what ford sells people will pay with credit just to buy things they want? is this what you are trying to say? and this thought from the self proclaimed smart one?:poke:

back on topic, how will ford handle the replacement for actual kr owners? do you need a vin, to order new parts?

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
back on topic, how will ford handle the replacement for actual kr owners? do you need a vin, to order new parts?

lol that would be funny. chrysler did that with 5.7 hemi owners who wanted to swap cams for the 6.1 cam.

Intruder

Established Member
According to Shelby, each hood comes to them painted and has a VIN stamped somewhere on it. I asked how, if I purchased a KR, I would get a replacement.....you know, if I left the door opened when I went to get some ice cream and someone came along and stole my 6500.00 masterpiece of design and technology.......no reply for that question....

I think if you lose it, you have to just buy a regular GT500 hood ford sells to anyone who'd like to make their V6 into a GT500...which by the way, I could care less about....and I own a GT500....

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
But what about all of the other "KR" items in additional to the hood?

Should be "in addition to the hood?"^^^^^^^

I don't see that a non-KR Mustang with a KR hood makes it a clone any more than a non-Cobra R with a Cobra R hood makes that car a Cobra R. There is much more than a hood, or wheels for than matter that are involved with making a clone of any car, unless of course a hood, or a hood and wheels are all that made it different/unique to start with.

Do these KR hoods for $6500 also come with twist-locks and hardware?

How is adding a hood to a car making it a clone? I am missing something here...........:shrug:

R

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member

You really want me to make you feel like a moron, ask me who has the say on whether or not the hood gets sold. :rollseyes

Put the paint can down. Seriously, look at the chain of logic you just posted. Ford is in the tubes-->Won't compete with Challenger or Camaro if people can't buy KR hood-->People won't buy Mustangs because they can't make them exactly how they want-->food for thought-->I'm in super debt to make myself happy. Right on.

Yikes.

p.s, do yourself a favor, and ask yourself which car has the most ridiculous amount of aftermarket options on the planet. If there was one car on earth you shouldn't have chosen for this ridiculous attempt at coherence, it was the Mustang. Yeah, there's like nooo way to customize a Mustang to your liking, which is why they sell 100,000+ annually :rollseyes

Last edited:

Intruder

Established Member
From my understanding, the hood comes complete from another manufacture that ships them to Shelby for install.

Me, I'm insulted that Shelby could care less, and by what they sell, infact supports the cloaning of the GT500.

They have told me in emails, that cloaning reduces the value of a Shelby automobile.

Everyone here is smart enough to fill in the blanks. They protect real Shelbys.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
From my understanding, the hood comes complete from another manufacture that ships them to Shelby for install.

Me, I'm insulted that Shelby could care less, and by what they sell, infact supports the cloaning of the GT500.

They have told me in emails, that cloaning reduces the value of a Shelby automobile.

Everyone here is smart enough to fill in the blanks. They protect real Shelbys.

That maybe the case, the hood is shipped as an assy.

I don't see that any previous historical information shows that "cloned" 65-70 Shelby GT350's and GT500's have hurt the real cars (if the clone is disclosed as a clone), except when VIN tags are moved and body stampings are replaced. Then it becomes very hard to tell a clone from the original, because everything is there on the clone as it would be on the original.<<But in this case it is much more than a hood and/or scoops.

R

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
computer_programmer.gif

Users who are viewing this thread