Should we shoot down the Korean Missle?

ScottsMach03

Established Member
N. Korea is Testing a missile capable of reaching the U.S. Should we use our missile defense system to send a msg? If we knock out the missile, then we would send a badass msg, but if we miss, then we will look like a bunch of jerbroni's... What do ya'll think?

Last edited:

03CobraDude

No one ever got anywhere without taking a risk. If North Korea shoots a nuke at us, and the govt. does nothing, that would make us look dumber than if we'd attempt to take it out. But then again, if we do nothing and it hits us and destroys a city, that should be provication enough to launch our own nuclear weapons at North Korea.

I say you nuke us once, we nuke your ass twice! But I say shoot it out of the sky. And then get real mean, as in demanding that the UN do something about it and North Korea disarms itself immediately. If they wouldn't do that, then I say go for war, we have the right to protect our back sides.

Sometimes the only way to gain peace is to wage war...

I wouldn't say to shoot it down over North Korea. I say shoot it down when it's crossing the ocean. There's a whole ocean for it to cross before it hits the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
There is talk of doing a pre-emptive strike to take out that missle even before its tested. Yea, Motoman991, imagine if we missed, we'd be a laughing stock for a while. If they do launch it, they will have basically told the entire world to "**** off, we do what we want." China knows they are the red-headed stepchild they can't get rid of, but after that incident I gaurantee the world will come together and form more of a stronger alliance to deal with N. Korea.

My .02

mustangbee

Established Member
if they shoot a nuke at us, prepare yourself for some serious shit, our response will be relentless...the only problem is will someone else jump on board, china, iran

ScottsMach03

Established Member
03CobraConvert said:
No one ever got anywhere without taking a risk. If North Korea shoots a nuke at us, and the govt. does nothing, that would make us look dumber than if we'd attempt to take it out. But then again, if we do nothing and it hits us and destroys a city, that should be provication enough to launch our own nuclear weapons at North Korea.

I say you nuke us once, we nuke your ass twice! But I say shoot it out of the sky. And then get real mean, as in demanding that the UN do something about it and North Korea disarms itself immediately. If they wouldn't do that, then I say go for war, we have the right to protect our back sides.

Sometimes the only way to gain peace is to wage war...

I wouldn't say to shoot it down over North Korea. I say shoot it down when it's crossing the ocean. There's a whole ocean for it to cross before it hits the US.

I agree with your logic, But if we miss, like Scoriox said we would send a bigger msg. From my understanding our missile defense system isn't very accurate...

Last edited:

03CobraDude

ScottsMach03 said:
I agree with your logic, But if we miss, like Scoriox said we would send a bigger msg. From my understanding our missle defence system isn't very accurate...

True... very true. But would you rather attempt to shoot it down and fail and have 100000000 people die? Or just let it come and blow the crap out of us? It's like fat people. A lot of them complain about it and do nothing, then there are those that I respect, because they are doing something about it, and not complaining.

Then again, we try to shoot it out, and we miss, that could be an insentive for N. Korea to launch another one at us. For the next several years, I'm staying right here in lonely little Lindsborg, KS. I don't think there will be many nukes flying out around here.

Badasp5.0

Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:
I agree with your logic, But if we miss, like Scoriox said we would send a bigger msg. From my understanding our missle defence
system isn't very accurate...

Its just its very hard to shoot down a missle...think of shooting a bullet with a bullet and you get a idea on the hurdles of getting a working missle defense system plus people would be put of on the cost of a complete system....its funny how a missle defense system was being erected in the 60/70s and was disbanded due to SALT and attempted to be revived in the 80's but again shot down so now we could have had one for a loooong time but nope we dont. :fm:

Last edited:

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
03CobraConvert said:
True... very true. But would you rather attempt to shoot it down and fail and have 100000000 people die? Or just let it come and blow the crap out of us? It's like fat people. A lot of them complain about it and do nothing, then there are those that I respect, because they are doing something about it, and not complaining.

Then again, we try to shoot it out, and we miss, that could be an insentive for N. Korea to launch another one at us. For the next several years, I'm staying right here in lonely little Lindsborg, KS. I don't think there will be many nukes flying out around here.

Lindsborg, KS......now I know where to build my underground bunker I was designing to protect my Mustang! :thumbsup:

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:
I agree with your logic, But if we miss, like Scoriox said we would send a bigger msg. From my understanding our missle defence system isn't very accurate...

Then we had better not miss and be prepared for multiple attempts to insure success.These nations with newly acquired nuclear ability would be a lot more restrained if they thought they had little or no chance to actually get one past our defenses.It would strengthen our position and change the worlds opinion of our vulnerability.

03CobraDude

Snake Pliskin said:
Then we had better not miss and be prepared for multiple attempts to insure success.These nations with newly acquired nuclear ability would be a lot more restrained if they thought they had little or no chance to actually get one past our defenses.It would strengthen our position and change the worlds opinion of our vulnerability.

I agree. Right now, the US govt. is COMPLETELY unprepared. We're unprepared for natural disasters, and for War on another front.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
When I was in Kuwait (back when we first entered Iraq) we had 21 confirmed attacks on our base. Our patriot missile defense system took out every single missile/scud/what ever they were... I must have a little more confidence in our defenses :shrug:

How long will it take that nuke to fly from N. Korea to our west coast. How many boats or subs do you think are in the Pacific Ocean. How many units do we have stationed in S. Korea ready for this? Even if it made it past all of that, we don’t have any thing land based in Alaska or the CONUS west coast to take it out? :shrug:

I really hope nothing comes about this, this could potentially turn into WWIII.

03CobraDude

Mike K said:
When I was in Kuwait (back when we first entered Iraq) we had 21 confirmed attacks on our base. Our patriot missile defense system took out every single missile/scud/what ever they were... I must have a little more confidence in our defenses :shrug:

How long will it take that nuke to fly from N. Korea to our west coast. How many boats or subs do you think are in the Pacific Ocean. How many units do we have stationed in S. Korea ready for this? Even if it made it past all of that, we don’t have any thing land based in Alaska or the CONUS west coast to take it out? :shrug:

I really hope nothing comes about this, this could potentially turn into WWIII.

Whenever I hear something from a current or former troop, it always seems to change my mind. I never said this in any of my previous posts, but I do have enough faith in the millitary to shoot down a nuke headed for us.

I think WWIII may have already started. Back in 2001. I think that one on one, the US could take on ANY country in the world. Without nukes, but if it came to nukes, the US could still prevail.

I just hope we can negotiate with the N. Koreans and talk some sense into them. It'd most likely be a mistake on their part to launch an attack on us.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Well, looks like there thinking about knocking it out while it is still on the ground. What time is this launch suppose to take place?

JMD0346

Established Member
I dont get this wait and see attitude some of you have. Hell we should have done something years and years ago about this. Our gov't has known about N. Koreas plans for a long time.

IMO if they do shoot one at us it wont make it here. Id say its gets shot down over the Ocean.

Then in retaliation we should make it a crater. They cant shoot down our stuff.

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Heck I should re enlist :cuss: Stupid N. Koreans :mj:

If we have the technology to destroy RPGs with our satellite technology, I am more than sure they can take missile out on the first try. (Multiple attempts can also work)

Users who are viewing this thread