side scoop removal

ssssvt

Established Member
Well I pulled one off and the pockets the clips fit into broke away from scoop. Next I carefully protected the paint and pryed off the other starting at the front , they popped off but the same broken clip pockets. Looks like double sided tape for the back sides now. Anyone have any ideas?

mosconiac

Established Member
I vaguely remember a comment about removing the interior panel behind each scoop and removing the clips from that side...or something like that.

oldmodman

Established Member
Yep, both of mine had some of the clip mounting tabs break off. I just used JB Weld to glue them back on. And I reinforced the ones that didn't break with a little JB also. That was two years ago and they have stayed on the car with no problems.
But don't try to re use the 3m body tape. Make sure to go to a body shop and get some new tape.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
oldmodman said:
Yep, both of mine had some of the clip mounting tabs break off. I just used JB Weld to glue them back on. And I reinforced the ones that didn't break with a little JB also. That was two years ago and they have stayed on the car with no problems.
But don't try to re use the 3m body tape. Make sure to go to a body shop and get some new tape.
They don't have double sided tape from the factory, do they?

Hye

Established Member
CobraBob said:
They don't have double sided tape from the factory, do they?

no, mine didnt however if you go to install something like the mustang bullet side skirts then you are going to need double sided tape as the bullet side scoops do not have the attachment clips on them like the oem ones do. Make sure the job is done clean too, or it will look a little funny on the car. (for everyone, not you Bob)

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Yes, the best way is to remove the interior quarter panel and release the clips from the inside. Otherwise, they'll very likely breat away. They're sort of a pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread