Sill plate color

cad25

Established Member
This may sound like a strange question, but my wife swears that the sill plate on our 2013 GT500 was blue and is now red. I have gone through the my color settings and my buddies 2013 GT will change the sill plate color under ambient but my GT500 only stays red. So my question is to all of you with the new GT500 is it only red or do yours change?

Thanks

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
its red but can be changed by removing the sill plate and switching the wires..you can have red, blue and green. However it comes red from the factory

Snoopy49

Established Member
When you pull the sill plate there is a wiring connector with 4 wires. Remove the red wire and replace it with either the blue or green wire too get a blue or green light. Remove the pins from the connector housing, do "NOT" cut any wires. You will have to depress a small locking tab on the pin to slide it out of the connector.

Shhhh

Established Member
Too bad you can't combine some colors and play with the voltage to make other colors.

You can do this. Did it to my brothers 2011 GT500. After you take the sil plate off. Take a 9v battery and just jump the leads to figure out what color you want. Then splice and play :beer:

Last edited:

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
When you pull the sill plate there is a wiring connector with 4 wires. Remove the red wire and replace it with either the blue or green wire too get a blue or green light. Remove the pins from the connector housing, do "NOT" cut any wires. You will have to depress a small locking tab on the pin to slide it out of the connector.

How do you get it out of the connector? I pulled it apart but couldn't get the pin and wire out of the connector?

Shhhh

Established Member
How do you get it out of the connector? I pulled it apart but couldn't get the pin and wire out of the connector?

If I remember correctly you can use a paperclip to push into the connector and depress the tab and pull the pin out.

Users who are viewing this thread