singl disc shot, dual disc time

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
My RXT is the most comfortable driving clutch I have ever owned. If you think the twin disk is an on off switch wait till you drive your car with that SPEC clutch. My RXT does not rattle at all either and I love how people get their panties in a wad when someone points out maybe their stuff was not installed properly lol Or that maybe they cant drive! Im quite sure Mcleod did not tell him what he is experiencing was normal because its not normal in the one I own or the buddies of mine that own them.

Even with a full disc? I know a puck style is on or off.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I don't know guys all i can do is tell you that my spec3+ is awesome, its quiet, i love its firmer then stock pedal engagement, it does not give me the on off feel some guys are talking about, and i guess if i use the same logic the op is using and reverse it. The reason why it performs so well is because i have tremec magnum that performs so well, it has nothing to do with the clutch itself....not!!!

Last edited:

nosscort

Established Member
I also have a spec 3+ it chatters some and I shift at 7600-7800 rpm never had a lockout a missed shift a grind or anything. The clutch peddal is harder but its OK, its harder to slip but I don't dd my car, at the track it handles 5000+ rpm drops fine and grabs perfect.. maybe op didn't have his clutch installed properly from the get go? If it was a clutch should only leave heat and hot spots not groves.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We had a McLeod RXT in our 2011 2.9L Whipple'd GT and have in our 2012 Vortech JT Trim Boss 302... Not to mention every other car in our shop here has an RXT, but those are our 5.0L's that run them.

We were one of the first back in late 2010, early 2011 that diagnosed the sticking pedal with high RPM shifts. First, the assist spring had something to do with it. After that, we installed an RXT and every single problem we had with the stock assembly went away. No more stick pedal, quiet operation and smooth engagement while holding 750rwhp in the GT and 835rwhp in the Boss (and 1100+ rwhp in both the 2010 and 2013 Shelby's).

The RXT has been the most reliable clutch for us, on the track and the street, and for our customers. It's very easy for us to recommend because of it's reliability and performance, as well as being one of the best priced twin disc assemblies on the market.

In regards to ajpturbo's claims about the clutch not being a "Racing" clutch... Yes, his RST is NOT recommended for racing, but the RXT is a racing clutch that is very street friendly. The RST uses organic friction material (does not like heat) and the RXT uses ceramic friction material which does very well under abuse and heat.

OP, you will love the RXT. If you're interested in going with one, give us a call and we'll get you taken care of.

Thanks.

corysmach1

Established Member
I fail to see how a single disc alone causes synchro issues. Most synchro issues are caused by how it's driven/shifted. Perhaps you just were never taught proper technique.

I don't see how anyone would want a twin disc for the street. All the ones I've driven were like an "on/off" switch which made driving at slow speeds or traffic a major PITA. I have a Spec stage 2 going in next week while the trans is having synchros fixed. The stage 3 puck style just seemed to be overkill for the street and I want some smooth transition.

Spec 2 or 2+? I had a 2+ in my procharged cobra and loved it! Curious how it works out for you shifting at 7500+.

ajpturbo

Established Member
Im quite sure Mcleod did not tell him what he is experiencing was normal because its not normal in the one I own or the buddies of mine that own them.

Hey bud, all I ask is that you don't try to pretend you heard the converstation. I can assure you they did. Mcleod did in fact tell me the 1500-1900 rpm rattle I hear while the clutch pedal is all the way out is from having a floater plate between the 2 discs. I have no reason to lie. I don't mind the clutch but I would've liked to know that.

If you don't have a rattle or don't hear it, great, in all honesty and no sarcasm whatsoever, I'm happy for you.

ajpturbo

Established Member
Mcleod still has 1 or 2 videos up that says you can use the stock flywheel, no need to by a new flywheel.

But when you call and ask they tell you otherwise and Lethal has the vid showing why the flywheel is required.....Kinda bugs me when I watch the McLeod guy on his soapbox preaching about the RST

Users who are viewing this thread