singl disc shot, dual disc time

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Spec pedal pressure is HORRENDOUS. I have had an rxt in both my 13 and 14 gt500. Love the clutch.

I heard centerforce just made a twin disc...i used to LOVE centerforce.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Very little to you might be a lot to others. Some people are more picky and have higher expectations, especially when the think they are buying the "ultimate" street clutch.

Why would the mis shift kill your clutch? What does killed it mean? Did the mis shift hurt your input shaft which then took out the clutch.

I had an an old fox body that I revved to 8000 rpm....I bent a rod. Doesn't mean the rods were garbage?

I'm actually very picky when it comes to noise. My Mcloud clutch is one of the quieter and smoother aftermarket items on my car. I had to put on stock mufflers over my GT500's (with O/R X pipe) because I couldn't stand the noise. And I'm much more annoyed by the NVH caused by my Barton shifter and bracket than any sound the clutch makes.

As for my spec clutch on my Supra. After the mis-shift (4th to 2nd), the clutch simply overheated and never held the power again. I've beat the crap out of my ACT clutch at the strip and it keeps going.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Spec3+ is the right clutch if you dont want the chatter from a twin disc, and dont want to pay twice as much for the same torque capacity. it performs well especially in a tremec, the clutch feel is firm but not over bearing! It grabs and loves hard launches. For $489 you cant beat it! Oh and get a billet steel flywheel, they just work better the the aluminum ones!

Last edited:

draxxus131

Established Member
I don't always lug it but drive around a parking lot at 3mph in first and you will hear it.

YOU ARE SO WRONG! No one trusts your opinion on here, just like no one trusts mine. So for all we know your some shadetree mechanic that has no idea what he was doing?! Tough titty.

Your not going to get a discount from McLeod for sucking up to them saying you've never remotely even heard of noise issues from this clutch...You are either ill informed or aiding in the cover up and mis informing others which is immoral....I'm just stating facts

You sir are a imbecile for saying that in any gesture towards me, go shimmy up a tree if you think I'm APPARENTLY trying to promote some vendor. Also by ill informed you mean 100 plus Mcleod clutch installs, with 20+ SPEC clutch installs, citing 15 failures with SPEC and zero warranty issued to all 15 clutches THEN YES I GUESS THAT WOULD MAKE ME ILL INFORMED. What a tool you are young lad. BTW ZERO warranty issues or failures with any Mcleod clutch I have installed.

Back on point, every Mcleod clutch built is based on race technology engineering. Do you see where I'm going with this, you can take race technology and put it into a near stock vehicle and get real results from it. But do remember that all the efforts to produce a street(LIKE) clutch from RACING technology will leave some lackluster desires like HARMONICS! I have zero dead pedal feel what so ever on any of our family vehicles.

IF you decide to go with SPEC that's fine, I'm just trying to point the OP in the right direction. No need to get on my case, considering this board is open to free opinions. Not so much trolls like you haha.

Last edited:

13DIB5.0

Established Member
from what im told POINT BLANK, a single disc WILL DESTROY syncros in the mt82 eventually, they don't like slip (something I do off the line sometimes) plus they are even more of a hassle at 7500rpms (which I will be at eventually), now the car is shifted at around 7000-7250.I HATE that the clutch is on/off and at the very top, it throughs me off. granted for a car that is non boosted and isn't taken over 7k i think the spec stage three plus is a decent option for the price, but im not replacing a clutch every 10k or doing a tranny rebuild either. NOW guys with the RXT at or close to 7500rpms (mt82 car) do yall have issues with pedal to the floor or any shifting issues at all?

ajpturbo

Established Member
Not sure what to tell you.....Ask McLeod about the dead zone...Perhaps you just don't notice...It really wouldn't surprise me.

What does a single disc have to do with syncros?

I am a shadetree mechanic but I didn't do the clutch. It was a shop that had done a few thousand but that means nothing which is why I called Mcleod and got the info from them.

It's so hard to sift through the BS and it tempting to leave the forum but I know it would make you happy if I did so I'll stay;-)

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
You're not reading my post correctly.

All my symptom are NORMAL, Mcleod confirmed this.

I have NO chatter upon engagement like what you are thinking. When the pedal is all the way out you get a rattle at low rpms. It's not driving style.

The dead spot is normal according to McLeod, they have told me this.

It's because of the clutch design.

Agreed, the pedal is soft as stock and the organic discs should give you no chatter on engagement, mine does not chatter either. No complaints there

obviously not since many people in here already said the opposite of you...if it was normal we'd have someone agreeing with you.

RXT FTW

ajpturbo

Established Member
Ok well somebody is on crack....Have you ever googled or looked on you tube all the people with rattles for twin disc clutches?

That's it, I've had it.....Tomorrow I'm calling McLeod back and telling them that when they told me the clutch that they sold me is supposed to rattle they don't know what they are talking about.

This is silly...Mcleod is telling me the rattle is normal...They made the clutch and you all are telling me it shouldn't....Who's bluff should I call?

When I called them and asked about it they told me "we are aware of the rattle but don't feel it's that bad"....I was had....Mcleod 1, me 0

That's enough for me to try another...Blast me if you wanna

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Spec3+ is the right clutch if you dont want the chatter from a twin disc, and dont want to pay twice as much for the same torque capacity. it performs well especially in a tremec, the clutch feel is firm but not over bearing! It grabs and loves hard launches. For $489 you cant beat it! Oh and get a billet steel flywheel, they just work better the the aluminum ones!

The op is comming from a spec 3plus. Its the reason hes having to replace it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It's not a racing clutch as stated by McLeod.

It may be the right clutch to go with, as me32 says as long as you don't mind a little rattle at low rpms.

Lots of pedal pumping may NEVER bleed the hydraulics completely...That's why Ford says to use a vacuum pump in the repair procedure when doing a clutch job.

It is street friendly and doesn't chatter and pedal is soft...I just think people should know about the rattle and dead zone as verified to me by MCLEOD...To those of you that can't feel the dead zone I don't know what to tell you, the makers of the clutch will tell you otherwise as they have told me.

Just so you know the vacuum pump may NEVER bleed the hydraulics completely. Which is why many people that had to have the tsb done on there 11-13 mt82 had to continue pumping the peddel for the next couple weeks to make sure it fully bleeds. Dealers have even stated to customers it may time for the peddel to feel normal again.

SCalla1384

Established Member

I have NO chatter upon engagement like what you are thinking. When the pedal is all the way out you get a rattle at low rpms. It's not driving style.

Agreed, the pedal is soft as stock and the organic discs should give you no chatter on engagement, mine does not chatter either. No complaints there

Mine is absolutely nothing like that. Mine acts like the stock clutch. No rattle, engages about 1/4 of the way off the floor. Pedal feel is lighter then stock.

I recommend it to anyone

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member

Ok then don't tell people not to get it b/c you suck at driving and don't like it. In telling you right now a dead spot is NOT normal for any clutch sorry.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Just so you know the vacuum pump may NEVER bleed the hydraulics completely. Which is why many people that had to have the tsb done on there 11-13 mt82 had to continue pumping the peddel for the next couple weeks to make sure it fully bleeds. Dealers have even stated to customers it may time for the peddel to feel normal again.

This. Funny that ole boy is fighting back. Many of us on here have had McLeod clutches and are happy but he just can't handle it. Troll.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The op is comming from a spec 3plus. Its the reason hes having to replace it.

Yeah but he said the screwed up synchros in the mt-82 caused the issues with the clutch and flywheel. So he's not blaming the clutch and flywheel for the issues. He gets that fixed in the tranny and the issues are gone. If he doesn't fix that it doesn't matter what clutch and flywheel he gets it will happen to them to!

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Op fix that tranny 1st, no new clutch assembly will fix an issue with your synchros!

Dr. Frankenstang has spoken!!!!!

ajpturbo

Established Member
Ok then don't tell people not to get it b/c you suck at driving and don't like it. In telling you right now a dead spot is NOT normal for any clutch sorry.

Well you are better off in the fact that you can't feel a dead zone...Be thankful.

You obviously know more about it than McLeod does. I won't question you again, I didn't know who I was dealing with.

Call them up. If you think I'm just having story time on here.

I can get over it and deal, I just expected more for the money..But it's pointless to argue with you....You say it doesn't but McLeod says it does....You believe what you want and I'll believe who I want....And it's not you. I'll take my info from the manufacturer.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
More for the money??? Are you high? Iv seen face plated fbody cars go mid to low 9s with a McLeod clutch if day that's getting your money worth.

No one on here said it wasn't normal to have chatter smart guy. We just know a way around it. Go back to the kids section and post stuff.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yeah but he said the screwed up synchros in the mt-82 caused the issues with the clutch and flywheel. So he's not blaming the clutch and flywheel for the issues. He gets that fixed in the tranny and the issues are gone. If he doesn't fix that it doesn't matter what clutch and flywheel he gets it will happen to them to!

Op fix that tranny 1st, no new clutch assembly will fix an issue with your synchros!

Dr. Frankenstang has spoken!!!!!

Dr. Frankenstang needs to 're read the original post. Op said he is having the mt82 built and is replacing the clutch. pretty simple to me he does not want the spec 3+ anymore. I agree that he should upgrade to a big boy clutch and the rxt fits that perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread