Single 76mm on ff kit what fuel for 700-750whp?

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Single 76mm goal 700-750whp what fuel?
Sorry not sure if this is in the right category.

I have an 03 Termi single 76mm on3 kit modified to my likings I'm trying to see if 93 or e85 will get me to my goal of 700-750whp through my c4 auto easier with out any type if down sides I know to check e85 every fill up etc. however if I can do this on 93 it would be easier as far as convenience. Thanks for all opinions abs advice in advance.

Fuel mods
Holley dual dominator pumps
-10 an feed and return
Return style system
Upr rails
Sd 80lbs injectors
Kb 40 amp bap
Sumped tank

Engine:
Stock long block 57k on it
arp 8740 head studs
Plugs are 7s heat range .028 gap

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
What 76mm are you running?

@ 26psi on my Billet 76 I made 765 rwhp through a TH400 with pump/meth. This was basically a stock Hellion kit with an upgraded turbo and converted to Blow through. On a 8:2.1 CR motor, stock heads/cams/intake. It can be done. If you want to do it on E85 your fuel system is going to need a major overhaul. You can do it on Pump/meth but its a stretch I would still run race gas. You are talking 900+ rwhp if that had a stick in it compared to an Auto.

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Just a on3 76mm .96 a/r hotside. Why would fuel system need overhaul ? Plenty of fuel flow plus the billet dominator is good to 1430hp on [email protected] and is ethanol compatible and is capable of 18.5v constant, injectors are my only questionable weak link but I see a lot of people squeezing 700-830whp with sd80s? Not saying your wrong I'm asking what makes you say it needs a major overhaul?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
My bad. I did a quick search and did not see that the pumps were E85 Compatible (summit description)

The 80s will not support that type of power on E85. The guys that you see making that type of power are most likely stick cars with E85. 750rwhp with an Auto, is different then 750rwhp with a stick. Also its going to take 30% more fueling on E85 to make that type of power. Meaning you will need 30% more injector. For your goals. The 80s will not cut it. I would recommend going with some ID1000s or 1300s.

I am not very familiar with the dominator pump. But if it supports 1430hp (thats engine and also the gas rating) it will support much less on a boosted application. So take atleast 30% away from that for E85. Lets assume you are running a base Fuel pressure of 40psi. Its going to take ATLEAST 25psi to get your power goals. That is even if that turbo lets you. So 40psi+25psi= 65psi of fuel pressure. Fuel pump flow is going to drop. You will really be pushing that upper limit of that pump. 750 through an auto is I would say roughly 850-900 compared to a stick. Factor in 15% drivetrain loss that is 1035HP.

The pump supports 1430@ 43psi. Take away 30% (429) that is 1001HP. Take away 15% drivetrain loss (if it had a stick) you are now at 850hp. That is AT 43psi. That # goes down since you will be running much much more pressure then that. I would take the BAP totally out of the question for this.

Next thing is that On3 turbo. What is it, What brand turbo? Just because its a "76mm" does not mean they are all the same. I think you will have a tough time to get those #s out of a budget turbo. Remember you are trying to make that # through an auto. 750rwhp may not seem like much but it is when trying to do it through an auto. Efficiency and heat that it will produce at upper boost levels would be my main concern. You may have to start shopping for a better turbo choice and maybe add another fuel pump. You will need injectors for sure without a doubt.....

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Right on if I do pump I wouldnt want to run meth wasn't sure if there is a middle ground for timing to boost ratio with these motors. This turbo is temporary as I got this whole kit bnib on trade. I'm thinking I might just run the 80s for now and use my nano to make up for it.

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Turbo info

Cold Side:

Compressor Wheel 76mm
.80 a/r
4” Inlet and 2.5” Compressor Outlet
Inducer- 76.71mm
Exducer- 102.36mm

Exhaust Side:

Exhaust Housing T-4 Flange
.96 ar Exhaust Housing
3.0" Vband outlet
Inducer- 74.5mm
Exducer- 65mm

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
If you want to do it right use the correct fueling. If you want to bandaid it with nitrous and just pump gas with 80# injectors. Kiss those pistons goodbye. Hate to be so blunt, but its the truth.

At that power level with just pump gas there really is no middle ground you are going to need good fuel, period.

What does the car make now? and @ what boost on pump gas? Also what are your goals with the car? Aside from 750rwhp? 10s? 9s? 140-150mph traps?

Last edited:

Wannabe4v

Established Member
No real goal aside from power yet. I wouldn't spray on pump gas I have a stand alone I made. Also was should have been more clear I was referring to the 80s with e85 abs spray to compensate. Idk power yet almost have it back together. Before stock eaton on pump gas on mustang Dyno made 620/689 on a 200 hit with my stand alone i made m6 still in it

Last edited:

Wannabe4v

Established Member
I suppose 9s would be nice I could get the car to hook on spray on concrete with a little vht with my m6

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
No real goal aside from power yet. I wouldn't spray on pump gas I have a stand alone I made. Also was should have been more clear I was referring to the 80s with e85 abs spray to compensate. Idk power yet almost have it back together. Before stock eaton on pump gas on mustang Dyno made 620/689 on a 200 hot with my stand alone i made m6 still in it

It would be a REAL stretch to get that power out of the 80s with E85 through an Auto. The cars you are talking about you are seeing @ those power levels I am assuming are stick cars?

I would expect on pump gas you will be seeing somewhere around 600rwhp through that C4. Thats probably where I would be comfortable on pump.

For reference. My setup would make 590rwhp on 18psi pump gas through a TH400. Car was basically full weight aside from AC and the necessary tubular K member for the turbo kit. Car ran mid 9s and 140+. 750rwhp through an Auto is alot of power when trying to compare it to stick #s. Like I said that is more comparable to 850-900rwhp if it has a stick in it.

If 750rwhp is truly your goal then like I said. You are going to need new injectors, turbo and most likely add a pump or change pumps. You will be stretching those pumps to their upper limit.

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Right on I mean just running the injectors to there "safety limit" and spray it to compensate for the lost power, I might just shoot for 650ish on e85 and call it if I can squeeze into the single digits

itSSlow98

Established Member
Im not confident that turbo will even get you to 750rwhp through an auto. I agree you NEED meth or e85 to get to the level you want. I will be looking for the same type of power as you and have meth for a street tune with Im guessing will be around 600-650rwhp and im gonna do an e85 tune for 750rwhp or so. I also have frpp 80s but I dont see them getting me over 700rwhp with e85 through the th400.

boosted4v

Established Member
I agree fellas im doin 615 hp through my c4 at 16lbs 0ff boost with the precision 7675 cea and ive still got to get a race gas tune and it should be around 770 rwhp im not sure wat boost level that will be at but I dang sure will be running 116 octane to do that lol. I will post when I get it tuned and I do also have 80lb injectors im running and to who all doesn't know a set off id1000s go for $ 960.00. if my 80s are just shy off that number we will just raise the fuel pressure there are ways around that wannabe4v just to help u out. these guys are very smart but there are other ways that don't effect drivability.

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Gotcha good info keep it coming fellas, the turbo should be enough for 650-700 I would imagine on high boost levels effiency should be good till around 28psi if it stays intact lol

Last edited:

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I had SD 80#'s and they wouldn't nose above 680RWHP through an auto, they would lean out up top even at that power.

E85
Precision 7675 @ 18~19PSI
SD 80#'s
A1000 Pump

Im switching to 160's this year with an injector driver and a Magnafuel 750

Last edited:

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Thanks static that shoul be enough And then ill throw a 75 wet hit on it as well. You wanna sell your 80s?

Users who are viewing this thread