Single 76mm on ff kit what fuel for 700-750whp?

boosted4v

Established Member
Oh and static 74 I had no issues with my sd80s through my c4 this morning on race gas I got really close to my goal witch I ended up puttin down 762 rwhp just raised the rail pressure and no problems I'm running 3 Glenns performance gsl392s work great

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Very good points Juiced. I also agree that E85 is your ticket with a stock longblock but you would need larger injectors and more pump. Even if you jacked up the FP with the 80's in order to achieve more power, your pumps will fade due to the higher pressure. As mentioned, I doubt that on3 turbo compares to a Precision or equivalent.

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
I have an on3 kit and you really want to upgrade those turbos that come on it will vs hard getting 700 out of it, and not only that but if a turbo goes it will kill the motor

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
After having had several turbos on my car over the years, it's worth spending the money on a nice turbo. They are the heart of the power making machine IMO. And like mentioned, if it grenades, there goes your engine also.

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
After having had several turbos on my car over the years, it's worth spending the money on a nice turbo. They are the heart of the power making machine IMO. And like mentioned, if it grenades, there goes your engine also.

The on3 turbo is actually the same master power or power master turbo's that went out of business but I don't want to use a non brand name for the turbo
Call me crazy but I don't want it to be the bottleneck of my build or even more to Grande my MMR
I went with a 76 mm turbonetics standard bb!

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Oh and static 74 I had no issues with my sd80s through my c4 this morning on race gas I got really close to my goal witch I ended up puttin down 762 rwhp just raised the rail pressure and no problems I'm running 3 Glenns performance gsl392s work great

Cool story bro, you asked about E85 and I replied about E85. Nothing was said about racegas. We all know racegas requires less fuel delivery than E85.

boosted4v said:
I'm trying to see if 93 or e85 will get me to my goal of 700-750whp through my c4 auto easier with out any type if down sides I know to check e85 every fill up etc.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I agree fellas im doin 615 hp through my c4 at 16lbs 0ff boost with the precision 7675 cea and ive still got to get a race gas tune and it should be around 770 rwhp im not sure wat boost level that will be at but I dang sure will be running 116 octane to do that lol. I will post when I get it tuned and I do also have 80lb injectors im running and to who all doesn't know a set off id1000s go for $ 960.00. if my 80s are just shy off that number we will just raise the fuel pressure there are ways around that wannabe4v just to help u out. these guys are very smart but there are other ways that don't effect drivability.

There are other ways around it. But those suggestions of yours are bandaids. Yes you can run those 80s until they are screaming @ 100% duty cycle then bump the pressure up to squeeze a little more out of them. Thats a bandaid. Its not a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN that 80# injector decides to quit and it will. When it does, it will be to late.

So the next question you have to ask is. Is a $400 set of injectors running at the very ragged edge, worth the meltdown of a perfectly running engine? When that happens its going to cost you $5000-$10,000 to rebuild. Yes the IDs are $1000 for the ID1000s. Even more for the 1300s and 2000s. However there is a reason why those injectors are more money. Over the years we have been accustomed to cheap injectors like the 60s and 80s that have been $300-400. But those injectors are really not that good. They worked well for your typical TS 600rwhp car. But ask any real tuner. The ID injectors blow them out of the water. Better flow, better spray pattern, better built etc etc. Also there are ZERO driveability issues with the ID injectors. Its all in the tune. The driveability is just as good if not better then compared to the 60s and 80s that are common today. Do not be fooled.

Now I know we are not all rich. We are all on a budget. Hell I am thats why I just sold my Terminator AGAIN. But there is that old saying. You have to pay to play. If you have a # in mind and you do not have the CORRECT parts to do it. You will suffer the consequences and it will cost you triple down the road. Do it right the first timje.

Gotcha good info keep it coming fellas, the turbo should be enough for 650-700 I would imagine on high boost levels effiency should be good till around 28psi if it stays intact lol

That turbo is going to run out of steam way before 28psi. Efficency is going to go down the toilet and your intake temps will be through the roof.

Thanks static that shoul be enough And then ill throw a 75 wet hit on it as well. You wanna sell your 80s?

If you want to throw a 75 wet hit on top of that, do you really want to melt your pistons to nothing?

I'm not sure why u weren't able to go any higher with power though

The reason he was not able to get those #s out of 80s because he was using E85. The fueling between making XXX # with Race fuel like you did vs making that same # with E85 is much much much different. The limits of the 80s go down with E85 vs running race fuel.

Very good points Juiced. I also agree that E85 is your ticket with a stock longblock but you would need larger injectors and more pump. Even if you jacked up the FP with the 80's in order to achieve more power, your pumps will fade due to the higher pressure. As mentioned, I doubt that on3 turbo compares to a Precision or equivalent.

Totally agree. Its going to need more fueling. Period. There is no way around it. Bumping the FP is not the trick and spraying a wet shot on top is probably just as bad an idea.

boosted4v

Established Member
I agree e85 is always nice to be able to get all u wanted out off it.And just bumping up my rp 2 more lbs doesn't effect the pump, or longevity. My fp doesn't fade at all and I seen other local cars do the same with no issues . Also static 74 I really don't think ur injectors are the problem an a1000 is really got to be at a 100% duty cycle at 650rwhp good choice on the magnafuel though.Just from seeing how other cars perform on the dyno.and I agree turbo 98 on3 is no comparison to a precision.

boosted4v

Established Member
juiced 46 im not sayin ur incorrect with ur info but im nowhere near 100% duty cycle an sd80 free flows at 39.8lbs of standard pressure and just bumping my pressure to 52lbs that's 14% give or take a little sd 80s will give a 1000 rwhp all day long. But u right youve got to pay to play and buy some race gas to do it. Ur really going to have serious air temps without it that's also right.Im doin my setup right I don't know wat kind off tuners ur dealing with but I have a lot left.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
My car with a very nicely built custom turbo kit with FF headers and a front mount that is made from top of the ling cores and a precision 7675 BB billet wheel made 750rwhp on 93 pump at 16 psi. It takes good parts to make max power on 93 pump alone because there isn't much octane there.

When we installed the th400 my dyno numbers dropped about 100rwhp.

boosted4v

Established Member
ruthless I completely agree and I do also have good parts im running a c4 already myself. And if u haven't tried it yet try getting some 116 octane and bump the boost up to 22 to 24 lbs and watch that beast really surprise u !!! it will be awesome if its built for it it will take it everytime good build also.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
My car at 3450lbs trapped 114mph in the 1/8. I was running e85, 18psi, 80lb injectors at 65psi bp.
I now run 1000cc injectors at a bp of 65psi. They are not ID injectors and cost less.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
juiced 46 im not sayin ur incorrect with ur info but im nowhere near 100% duty cycle an sd80 free flows at 39.8lbs of standard pressure and just bumping my pressure to 52lbs that's 14% give or take a little sd 80s will give a 1000 rwhp all day long. But u right youve got to pay to play and buy some race gas to do it. Ur really going to have serious air temps without it that's also right.Im doin my setup right I don't know wat kind off tuners ur dealing with but I have a lot left.

I understand you are not near that. But you are completely missing the key issue here. You are not running E85...... We are talking about E85, not pump gas, not race gas. It takes 30-40% MORE fuel to make the same #s with E85 compared to race fuel. That means you get 30-40% less out of your pumps, injectors etc as far as fueling goes. So lets say a certain setup can make 1000hp on RACE fuel like your combo. When running E85 it will only support 700hp before needing a fuel upgrade running the same combo that made 1000 on race fuel.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
ruthless I completely agree and I do also have good parts im running a c4 already myself. And if u haven't tried it yet try getting some 116 octane and bump the boost up to 22 to 24 lbs and watch that beast really surprise u !!! it will be awesome if its built for it it will take it everytime good build also.

I am working on another car build for more power and race gas only. :pepper: The Cobra will sit how it is since its a factory stock engine with A/C and all the factory goodies.

Users who are viewing this thread