Single 76mm on ff kit what fuel for 700-750whp?

boosted4v

Established Member
And juiced46 I do get the whole point off e85 but like u posted a few posts back u we're saying that without the correct parts u will suffer and pay tripple down the road and I believe u called my suggestions a Band-Aid well like the other posts that have been read.In all seriousness.e85 is like a Band-Aid if they want to get over 700 Hp out off there turbo cars.Also like u said u do half to pay to play and spend a little more that just under 4 dollars a gallon to get good power.

boosted4v

Established Member
And after all wannabe4v wanted to know if 93 or e85 would support 700 to 750 Hp through an auto and I posted that I wouldn't do that that's why I never suggested E85 NOR 93 .that's why I posted wat he can get of he steps up to a higher octane.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Ohh please explain how E85 is a bandaid...... I would LOVE to hear this :banana:

Your suggestions of running inadequate sized injectors and just upping the pressure IS INDEED a bandaid. Its just asking for a failure to happen.

And juiced46 I do get the whole point off e85 but like u posted a few posts back u we're saying that without the correct parts u will suffer and pay tripple down the road and I believe u called my suggestions a Band-Aid well like the other posts that have been read.In all seriousness.e85 is like a Band-Aid if they want to get over 700 Hp out off there turbo cars.Also like u said u do half to pay to play and spend a little more that just under 4 dollars a gallon to get good power.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Gm cars base fuel pressure is 58psi so I dont see raising the pressure being a bandaid.
Dont get why anyone would call E85 a bandaid?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Gm cars base fuel pressure is 58psi so I dont see raising the pressure being a bandaid.
Dont get why anyone would call E85 a bandaid?

Its a bandaid when the injectors are already maxed out and sized to small for the application......

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Its a bandaid when the injectors are already maxed out and sized to small for the application......

But... What if you have a true street car and want to keep a better than stock start and idle? Isnt that when its best to go with the smaller injectors and up the pressure a bit?

That's how my car is setup. However I still had enough injector before hand, we just didn't want them in the high 80% usage area and pulled them down a bit to make it safer.

Things may have changed since my car was build but at the time my shop swore by the 60lbs injectors running a bit hot then the 80lbs turned way down.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
But... What if you have a true street car and want to keep a better than stock start and idle? Isnt that when its best to go with the smaller injectors and up the pressure a bit?

That's how my car is setup. However I still had enough injector before hand, we just didn't want them in the high 80% usage area and pulled them down a bit to make it safer.

Things may have changed since my car was build but at the time my shop swore by the 60lbs injectors running a bit hot then the 80lbs turned way down.
The Bosch "ID" type high impedance injectors behave really good at start/idle. I have FIC2150's and my car starts and idles fine and these injectors are huge.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member

That is not true at all. The smaller the injector does not mean it will have better driveability, starting and/or idle qualities. Actually an ID1000 is better in all those categories vs a 60# or 80# injector.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
^ Those injectors are way better then what most of us have on our street cars.

I just went with what my shop wanted to tune and had those injectors from my kenne bell days.

Users who are viewing this thread