Sirius XM free listening 8/30 through 9/10- "Not Subscribed"

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Hi folks, got a notice that my Jeep gets free XM until the 10'th, but I'm getting "Not Subscribed" notices in the car.

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm curious to see if it's gotten any better. (I've never liked it; it seemed so repetitive)

Thanks!

Mike

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
theyve gotten about as bad as regular radio with playing the hell out of popular songs. Seems like it used to be a hot song would be played a couple times a day now its all the damned time.

I keep it for the Jason Ellis Show, Rude Jude etc... I just call and argue with em every 6months to keep the price at like $40/6months instead of $100+

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, feels like they shrunk the playlists on some rock stations. Or maybe I'm just unlucky when it comes to driving and listening to XM

Black2010

Established Member
Playlist have gotten worse and the commercials have increased. I'm also finding that the reception is getting worse. I have 3 cars with it and all 3 are now having what I'll just call buffering. I'll be driving down the highway and it will cut out for a couple seconds then come back. No bridges or any other obstructions.

I'm not going to renew any of mine and will only pick it up for a month when we take our annual road trip from Texas to Florida.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, feels like they shrunk the playlists on some rock stations. Or maybe I'm just unlucky when it comes to driving and listening to XM

my wife listens to the country stations and they are AWFUL about that. I was somewhat alright with listening to some of those stations because most of the shit was new to me but you'll hear the same damned song twice an hour or more sometimes.

Playlist have gotten worse and the commercials have increased. I'm also finding that the reception is getting worse. I have 3 cars with it and all 3 are now having what I'll just call buffering. I'll be driving down the highway and it will cut out for a couple seconds then come back. No bridges or any other obstructions.

I'm not going to renew any of mine and will only pick it up for a month when we take our annual road trip from Texas to Florida.

There are 3-4 places around town that have always done that but outside of that can't say I have that issue with any regularity

Blown 89

Established Member
I keep it for the edm stations and comedy channels. The political channels have too many commercials so I've switched to podcasts. The normal music stations are kind of crap compared to what I get with a Google music subscription.

The appeal of satellite radio used to be no commercials but now so many stations have enough commercials it makes me wonder what I'm paying for.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

No, you're 100% dead on. I listen to 3 stations, Lithium, Turbo, and one other. There are times that Metallica is on 2 of the 3. WTF? The station that plays newer rock songs, I feel they highly push a select few bands, which songs I hear over and over.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I've had it for years and won't go without it. The weather app is really nice to have as well. And being able to set alerts for certain songs or bands is great.

I also stream it most days at work. Beats local crap.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
No, you're 100% dead on. I listen to 3 stations, Lithium, Turbo, and one other. There are times that Metallica is on 2 of the 3. WTF? The station that plays newer rock songs, I feel they highly push a select few bands, which songs I hear over and over.

I listen to Lithium, Turbo, Liquid Metal and Octane.
Liquid Metal not so much but I notice they play some hard rock songs there(IMO) that should belong on Octane*.
Anywho, I notice I find new rock content through Youtube mixes than Octane. Octane seems to push the same 20 or so songs for weeks on end and sprinkle in some 2000's rock here and there.
I have a year free of Sirius and think I'll just cancel it. Rather buy a handful of songs each month and listen to custom playlists via the phone than pay SXM.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I never enjoyed Sirius radio and always felt the sound quality was lacking. I personally use Amazon Music and it works great.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used to listen to Pandora only because I had quit Sirius. Then when I bought my Edge Sport I had a multi-month trial and I continued with Mostly Music. While it has a good points, I do have to say that the repetitive playlists are annoying, and it seems like the playlists have gotten smaller, so the repeats come up quicker. I'll keep Sirius until I sell the Edge because Pandora isn't as friendly on a '16 Edge. It's better on the '17+. If I end up getting a '19 Edge ST, I'll likely quit Sirius and go back to Pandora (which I love).

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Rental car had it for my 3,000mile roadtrip around Utah and Colorado this summer. They played the same songs multiple times a day, at roughly the same times. Really not worth it. Felt like regular radio.

Users who are viewing this thread