Skyline GTR or 02/03 Lotus Vs. 03 Cobra...outcome?

joegt38

Established Member
So I still think you would kill even a modded one.
Of course depending on what extent he goes on mods.

Then ya just have to KB the bad b!tch and its all over and you still spent less:-D

Last edited:

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
Their is a highly modded skyline here in chicago around my house. The guy that owns it owns a shop "top speed" Its blue if anybody ever went to the import shows here in chicago they definatly would have seen it.

As far as them running high 12s stock I don't think so. I have a dvd that show a stock gtr running the 1/4, auto cross and top end runs. The best 1/4 time was 13.3 @ if I remember 108.

I do think so!!! Stock skyline's run high 12's. Best I've seen for a stock skyline was in a best motoring vid R33 GT-R it did 12.7 1/4

Check this vid for yourself, bone stock NSX vs R34 GT-R

http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoticasite/soundandvideo/Best_Motoring-NSX-R_DragRaces1.mpg

RIGHT CLICK SAVE-AS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
So I still think you would kill even a modded one.
Of course depending on what extent he goes on mods.

Then ya just have to KB the bad b!tch and its all over and you still spent less:-D

because the cars are so resricted in japan, intake and exhaust will throw you at 400hp. with some BPU upgrades, they can be pretty lethal on the street.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Their is a highly modded skyline here in chicago around my house. The guy that owns it owns a shop "top speed" Its blue if anybody ever went to the import shows here in chicago they definatly would have seen it.

As far as them running high 12s stock I don't think so. I have a dvd that show a stock gtr running the 1/4, auto cross and top end runs. The best 1/4 time was 13.3 @ if I remember 108.

I'm going to quote myself from the Skyline VS '03 thread:

Originally posted by carrrnuttt
All these comparisons are moot.

The Skyline's best time was run in Japan. The '03's was here. Lord knows what conditions they were both run in.

Until both cars are run side by side, same track, similar drivers, there won't be a fair comparison.

Anyhow, as far as HP output, the '03 isn't NEARLY as underrated as the GT-R is. I say GT-R, because there are different models of Skylines. The Infiniti G35 is a regular Skyline in Japan.

Although the factory rates the motor at 280HP, a Skyline club in England dynoe'd the car at 328 ALL-WHEEL-HORSEPOWER. We all know how much more an AWD drivetrain drains on a dyno. 300 AWHP WRX's run in the low 12's easy.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/html/technical/r34.asp#Power

The Nissan Stagea, which has the exact same drivetrain as the GT-R Skyline, except in a wagon-utility type chassis weighs in at about 3800lbs, and is capable of 12.9-12.8 in the 1/4. The GT-R weighs in at about 3300lbs.

http://www.automotivearticles.com/infiniti-nissan/stagea.htm#top

In case anybody is wondering why the car was dyno'ed AWD, even though it technically runs as RWD car when there is no rear-wheel slippage, that is because the GT-R still sends some of the TQ towards the front-wheels even in RWD configuration, which messes with it's figures.

The best way to measure it's HP on a dyno is either going full lock of the differentials, and running a 50-50 TQ-split to both front and rear wheels, or disconnecting the front-drive axles, and going full RWD.

Maybe the owner didn't want to go through the trouble...

Last edited:

99GTP guy

Established Member

joegt38

Established Member
Damn theirs a lot of import fans on this board..... J/K

I like the GTR myself but im just sharing the info I found so calm down people. Also in the dvd I have the car is stock and ran 13.3 @ 108, If you feel different about what I saw oh well.

Stock for stock (03cobra & skyline) Im just matching the #s from the information I have seen and found. 03 Cobra wins.

joegt38

Established Member
Pyro is comparing a GTR to his modded cobra which I personaly think will whip the piss out of a stock GTR.:mj:

Last edited:

roushcobra2003

Established Member
both of them r have alot of mod, that didnt cost alot of $$$. this was taken on a speed fest in la. Man that lotus smokes my roush by alot except the begginin

BigNutt

Established Member
Originally posted by roushcobra2003
ya ino skylines dont even have a chance well mayb a cobra cuz i raced one and i smoked him in 2nd gear

LOL!

What if its modded? Like mentioned before just shipping a Skyline GT-R is like $40k from Japan. If they have the car its a good chance its modded. They can be built to a Lotus killin 1000rwhp. Yeah I know alot of cars can be built to 1000rwhp, but if you have the cash to pay $40k just to ship one over here? Well...........:burnout:

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow98SVT
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0307scc_2f2fintro that's the full rundown on the real cars from 2F2F...not very impressive under all the cotton candy colored paint.

Chris

From 'The Fast and the Furious' - Motorex R33 Skyline GTR:

0208scc_covercar01_zoom.jpg

Ran a 12.1sec@110mph in Hollywood trim. I think that's pretty impressive.

P.S.:
0208scc_covercar09_zoom.jpg

:lol:

KosherCobra

Established Member
The GT-R is the only "Rice" car I would ever own. The engine has so much potential it's not even funny. Like the Cobra they give it to you ready to go for you to go wild. I have seen videos of modded GT-R's that have over 800 HP. They are sick!!!!! It's an awesome car.

Users who are viewing this thread