Slow Computer

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
I needed a new computer for my office since my Mac isn't compatible with our new printer, and needed access to publisher. Anyways, I bought the cheapest HP Best Buy had because all I use the computer at work for is Publisher, access to the MLS (browsing) and email.

This thing is DOG SLOW while browsing. As I am typing this it is about one to two words behind my typing. It only does this while browsing. I have tried using Chrome and Firefox and its about the same on both, maybe a tad faster on firefox. When I am using Publisher or any other programs, the computer is pretty quick, so my issue is only with the browser. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't TERRIBLE when trying to use the MLS. I mean it takes at least 60 seconds to load any listings, its just unbearable.

I can't for the life of me figure out whats going on. Any ideas?

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Yes, and I have tried the lastest version of Chrome and FF. I despise IE so I really don't want to give that a shot.

Zemedici

Established Member
even the cheap mexi HPs have i3s, which should still be able to browse the web. Does it load web pages quickly?

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
I did uninstall everything. The computer itself runs fast, it just doesn't browse fast. Like I said, all I do is email and browse the MLS. I figured it would be sufficient, hell not even anything gets saved on it, everything is saved to my work server.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread