Slp lm1 vs Slp lm2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
That sounds good! I really want to track down the setup I had on my 99, it was a JBA catback but the mufflers were not bullets like they sell now, it was a big chambered muffler and sounded like a flowmaster on crack. All tone and not a lot of volume. My buddy bought the car, when he gets back from his deployment I may try to trade him.

Here's the JBA exhaust:

JBA 40-2625 EVOL Exhaust 99-04 COBRA EXHAUST SYSTEM - eBay (item 200461571000 end time Feb-08-11 14:39:11 PST)

It has a real nice sound - one of the top choices I was also looking at. Some clips of the sound:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKOlq49bh8"]YouTube - 3" JBA Catback on 2003 Cobra[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W-bMFyaXTI"]YouTube - Jba 3" Catback and Pypes off road X on 2003 Cobra[/nomedia]

I actually listed it in the exhaust section in here and on the market. Got a guy that offered me $350 plus he pays shipping. I'd really like to buy it and I'd be willing to pay the $500 and just come pick it up rather than ship it. But just let me know closer to the time.

OK, will keep you posted. I do have a box for it, so it would probably be worth to ship it rather than make the long drive!

arc00ta

Established Member
Here's the JBA exhaust:

JBA 40-2625 EVOL Exhaust 99-04 COBRA EXHAUST SYSTEM - eBay (item 200461571000 end time Feb-08-11 14:39:11 PST)

It has a real nice sound - one of the top choices I was also looking at. Some clips of the sound:

Thats the one, didn't know they still made them.

I found a clip of my LM2 I took last week and uploaded it, ignore the rattle sounds I think one of my cats might have blown out.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3jxc6pgYUM"]YouTube - LM2clip.wmv[/nomedia]

Last edited:

moonltgold

You don't need the whole LM1 catback -- just the resonators. Why not keep the FR500 catback and just swap the muffs? You can weld them in. With the stock h-pipe or at least some high-flow cats, it will be loud without being too obnixious. I ran them in my old Cobra with a stock H (had a Bassani X cut & welded in), and it sounded very good.

Teej281

Established Member
Well I have a guy that wants the whole catback to round out his fr500 package on his cobra. Plus I don't want to ruin the catback. I think it's a cool design and that it shouldn't be hacked up personally. I really wanted to do that, and may still, but it's more than just a muffler swap, I just don't want to hack up something that is rare and would be appreciated by someone as a whole system.

Know what i mean?

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
slp's sound like shit without cats, When I 1st had slp catback on my 5.0 it had a off road H pipe and my car sounded like an old v8 pickup or a tractor,I mean it did have the raspy cammed 60's muscle car tone to.

But I switched to a bassani bx catted X pipe with slp catback and I get nothing but complments in person how good it sounds,esp with a cammed motor its deep and loud.

I always get asked " what exaust do you have on it" and when i say slp i get 3 responses of " isnt that chevy / camaro exaust? or whats slp? or HOLY CRAP THATS BEST SOUNDING SLP IVE HEARD YET, or that SOUNDS BADASS! I have 1 video Ill post up but it doesnt do it justice in person its very deep not as raspy as most slp setups.

I personally love my slp alot diff then most guys that run same old same old flowmasters/magnaflow etc, I like being diff switching it up.

My setup is

Ford racing headers
Catted Bassani Bx x pipe( with hi flow cats)
Slp Catback

It's very loud throaty and deep not raspy like most slp

I get the loud cammed idle and loud exaust and deep tone when I step on the go peddle so I love my exaust setup :)

th_MOV01139.jpg

Last edited:

Terminator17

Established Member
Ive had both. 2 was too quiet for me. I now have lts catted x and lm 1 and love it.

BLK93GT

Established Member
My 98 GT had LM1's with offroad x-pipe and it was obnoxiously loud and blatty sounding. I wanted to find a stock h-pipe but just changed them out to LM2 to quiet it down some.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6ldvLDQWY"]YouTube - 98 Mustang GT BBK offroad X-pipe and SLP LM II catback[/nomedia]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread