Slp lm1 vs Slp lm2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teej281

Established Member
Hey all,
You might have read that I'm looking at changing my exhaust here soon. Currently have an FRPP FR500 catback, which sounds good don't get me wrong, but my car is just a GT with the Cobra IRS in it and my car doesn't make the noise a cobra does, so I need something louder. But I'm just really looking for input on sound and loudness in general.

American Muscle has the lm2's on sale right now for $474 shipped and that seems like a pretty great deal. But I really like the sound of the LM1's but they are more expensive. If you post some videos with lm2's and a catted x to help sway me, I'd appreciate it. Or if you want to post some videos of the lm1's with a catted x to make me feel not so bad about paying more that would be great too. Lol

Thanks guys!:beer:

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
i had them both, the lm1 are so loud it makes u not wanna drive your car, so i went with the lm2, love them

tj4891

Established Member
i had lm1 with cats it sound good (i liked it ) but put a hole in one of the cats and now i got lm2 without cats it sound really good until i put long tubes on it to (loud at wot) im looking to put cats back on but in the video i got stock manifolds with slp xpipe no cats and lm2, hope it helps
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrZ-S-i-SMg"]YouTube - 2004 mustang gt 2.1 kenne bell at the and dyno[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrZ-S-i-SMg"]YouTube - 2004 mustang gt 2.1 kenne bell at the and dyno[/nomedia]
watch

arc00ta

Established Member
LM1 = whoopie cushion

LM2 is like stingers but more sharp tone.

moot09

Established Member
Not my car, but LM1's with o/r x
[youtube_browser]PKoDhl3gKyA[/youtube_browser]

arc00ta

Established Member
Not my car, but LM1's with o/r x
[youtube_browser]PKoDhl3gKyA[/youtube_browser]

That why I was saying whoopie cushion. Sounds like the cobra had mexican food night or something, such a crummy sound. My buddy used to have an 03 with LM1 and ORH on it, it sounded so bad I couldn't stand to ride in it. Probably the only exhaust I have heard on a mustang that I didn't like.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
That why I was saying whoopie cushion. Sounds like the cobra had mexican food night or something, such a crummy sound. My buddy used to have an 03 with LM1 and ORH on it, it sounded so bad I couldn't stand to ride in it. Probably the only exhaust I have heard on a mustang that I didn't like.

:lol:

Teej281

Established Member
Yea, I have friends that have slp lm1's with lt's and an o/r x and it claps like it just heard an opera. Lol with cats it tones down the rasp quite a bit to me and makes it cleaner.

Teej281

Established Member
Well knowing how much people want to pay for that I doubt I would even be able to afford it. Pm me what you're gonna put it up for and I'll see if I can make it work. Getting a dd soon so the stang stays in her stable during winter ;)

arc00ta

Established Member

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Well knowing how much people want to pay for that I doubt I would even be able to afford it. Pm me what you're gonna put it up for and I'll see if I can make it work. Getting a dd soon so the stang stays in her stable during winter ;)

Had numerous offers for around $500, but can't recall who made them, so hopefully it will be in that ball-park. I know shipping is around $75 since the one I just bought cost that, so we will see how it turns out!

You should sell that FR500, you'll probably get decent coin for it if it's in nice shape!

That thing better sound like the apocalypse with a name like that. Looks nice though.

Here you go (similar to the LM2):

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSrnXbEho_4"]YouTube - pypes m80 mufflers on 04 cobra[/nomedia]

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Sounds decent, I don't like the sharp tone of the ORX he has but the mufflers have a nice sound to them. I used to like the angry offroad sound but I'm starting to like quieter setups these days.

Yeah, no kidding there!! Welcome to the world of getting older! Exactly why I am pulling the M-55 off and putting the Thorley/Jardine cat-back on (sounds just like Magnaflow). Then again, picked up one NIB for $175, so I couldn't resist...

The "rumble" that is something like this will be a welcome change:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df7j1XthkME"]YouTube - 1996 Mustang GT w/ Pypes O/R x-pipe[/nomedia]

arc00ta

Established Member
Yeah, no kidding there!! Welcome to the world of getting older! Exactly why I am pulling the M-55 off and putting the Thorley/Jardine cat-back on (sounds just like Magnaflow). Then again, picked up one NIB for $175, so I couldn't resist...

The "rumble" that is something like this will be a welcome change:

YouTube - 1996 Mustang GT w/ Pypes O/R x-pipe

That sounds good! I really want to track down the setup I had on my 99, it was a JBA catback but the mufflers were not bullets like they sell now, it was a big chambered muffler and sounded like a flowmaster on crack. All tone and not a lot of volume. My buddy bought the car, when he gets back from his deployment I may try to trade him.

Teej281

Established Member
Had numerous offers for around $500, but can't recall who made them, so hopefully it will be in that ball-park. I know shipping is around $75 since the one I just bought cost that, so we will see how it turns out!

You should sell that FR500, you'll probably get decent coin for it if it's in nice shape!

Here you go (similar to the LM2):

YouTube - pypes m80 mufflers on 04 cobra

I actually listed it in the exhaust section in here and on the market. Got a guy that offered me $350 plus he pays shipping. I'd really like to buy it and I'd be willing to pay the $500 and just come pick it up rather than ship it. But just let me know closer to the time.

Digital

Established Member
Guess I'll post mine up for turbo people.
These are LM1s back with my smaller turbo.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf_39AdKxtg"]YouTube - Compound Cobra[/nomedia]

arc00ta

Established Member
I tried to get a video of my LM2 but the camera battery was dying so it only got like 3 seconds with no sound. I gotta get a new battery it dies is about 10 seconds even fully charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread