Small Clip. ARH 1-3/4 x 3", 3" Xpipe, Borla Stingers, 9:1 Teksid, Comp 3's

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Finally finishing everything up with the build on the new motor. Ditched the Race bullets with turndowns, and went with Stingers after encountering a good deal. No issues with the install. ARH 1-3/4 x 3" headers, 3" Xpipe all way to the ball connector which is 2.5, fitment is both awesome on the headers, and Xpipe, and stingers.

Disregard the condensation in the exhaust, it was -2 degrees here in Alaska when I backed the car out. Startup, and idle clip. Waiting on the snow to melt so I can get some break-in time, then some dyno time. Car should make close to 800, maybe a tad more if everything goes as planned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOqTUFHC-Qs

Last edited:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Any reason you didn't go to 1 7/8 headers. Sound great.

Couple of reasons....

1. The car they came off was once the Twin Screw stock motor record holder at 8.6x@ 160+ with a 4.0 whipple, and made well over 800HP at the tire. They worked well for him, and will work good for me for intensive purposes.

2. The price was good

3. The fitment is excellent, steering shaft runs on the outside of the header primary, which makes it easy for removal or even engine removal with the header on. My old MAC's were garbage compared to these, steering shaft ran inside primary aka PITA.

4. I have seen multiple comparisons and dyno write-ups on both Coyotes, LSX engine with 2.3-4.0 displacement blowers that have yielded ZERO to very small gains less than 1-1.5HP that were not noticeable on the graph or anywhere under the curve including peak power, and tq. My old exhaust combo which was 1-5/8th MAC, 2.5" and 2.5" Bullets made 745whp. I did some measuring and the ball collector on the make measure 2.25" ID, no where close to 2.5" outlet.

5. I do believe bigger headers benefit at some point, but for 90% of the builds under 850whp with a Twin screw, and or positive displacement blower 1-3/4 will work fine.

6. Talk to most any reputable builder or exhaust builder like ARH and they will tell you the power is mostly in the collector design, which ARH has a good design like Kooks, and Stainless works...

7. Nothing against 1-7/8th headers, as most will disagree with me, but I tend to go with what works well, and is convenient for me. I make an informed decision off the data and results that are out there floating around in various forms whether its dyno, track, or media.

Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
sick set up. and i couldnt agree with you more about the exhaust size. all the talk about needing 1 7/8 headers and 3" mids and catbacks on 700 hp cars. think this proves a point. sounds awesome

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread