Smaller rear brakes ???

04compgt

Established Member

D.T.R

Established Member
I called JMS a few times and they told me they have discontinued that kit. Your option will be Aerospace Components rear brakes. Make sure the inside diameter of the wheels is larger than 13.150", which I am pretty sure that the Billet Specialties wheel is.

2005-2010 Mustang Rear Drag Race Brake Kit

Dang
i have to measure the wheel... but those rotors are about the same size as our stock rear rotors, is the caliper that much smaller that it clears the wheel?

5lho

Established Member
it seems the smart play is to sell/return the wheels, take the pain and buy a set that fit.

I've got factory 00 Mustang 16" cast wheels out back. Offset's wrong but, I have a 10" wide slick tire on them without issue hitting anything. I am very surprised you are having issues as this car has been out for several years with these brakes. What car are these wheels for, if not this one?

04compgt

Established Member
Dang
i have to measure the wheel... but those rotors are about the same size as our stock rear rotors, is the caliper that much smaller that it clears the wheel?

The caliper is a flat design, it will give you more clearance than stock. Measure the inside of the wheel.

Screamin363

Established Member
I ran into the same problem making my Bogarts fit.
The barrel on other wheels are not large enough to clear the caliper. It will rub the inside barrel of the rim/ or it will not spin at all.

You can put the sn95 rear brakes on. That does help the clearance issue. The one thing you will have a problem with is ABS. The ring on the axles are a different style or size and you might have ABS lights flashing at you.

You can beat this problem like I did but you better be hard headed like I was.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
I will see if I can get some pics from our customers.

Only other way yours will not work is they were machined wrong which is very rare.
Gotcha. Thanks Steve.
I called JMS a few times and they told me they have discontinued that kit. Your option will be Aerospace Components rear brakes. Make sure the inside diameter of the wheels is larger than 13.150", which I am pretty sure that the Billet Specialties wheel is.

2005-2010 Mustang Rear Drag Race Brake Kit

Do i lose ABS and or E-brake with that kit? it doesn't say on the description.

D.T.R

Established Member
I ran into the same problem making my Bogarts fit.
The barrel on other wheels are not large enough to clear the caliper. It will rub the inside barrel of the rim/ or it will not spin at all.

You can put the sn95 rear brakes on. That does help the clearance issue. The one thing you will have a problem with is ABS. The ring on the axles are a different style or size and you might have ABS lights flashing at you.

You can beat this problem like I did but you better be hard headed like I was.

Oh i am. I love these wheels and i'm not going to sell them... i will do what it takes to make them work...
i might use my buddy's SN95 rotors and modify the brackets as he we know someone that can machine the bracket to make it work and what not...

Last edited:

hopony

Established Member
Oh i am. I love these wheels and i'm not going to sell them... i will do what it takes to make them work...
i might use my buddy's SN95 rotors and modify the brackets as he we know someone that can machine the bracket to make it work and what not...

I can make you a deal on a set of darkstars.

04compgt

Established Member
Gotcha. Thanks Steve.

Do i lose ABS and or E-brake with that kit? it doesn't say on the description.

It should still retain ABS, my buddy has this kit and ABS is still there, however If I recall correctly E-brake is not retained. I have an Auto so that wouldn't bother me at all lol, Weight reduction! who needs a e-brake cable lol, good time to upgrade your e-brake handle to a parachute pulling handle.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
^ true. I have an auto as well, I don't think in the 6months I've had this car I have used the ebrake more than once or twice when i put it in the trailer as an extra precaution lmao

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I just spoke with JMS and they said it might be the end of the month before getting more. They quoted me $99 for the brackets and $229 with the rotors. :thumbup:

Screamin363

Established Member
It has been a while with mine, I think the 8.8 ends on the 2011+ are different than the 8.8 of the SN95 rear. Could be a problem when trying to get the brake bracket to bolt to the axle end.

Can someone check that?

D.T.R

Established Member
I just spoke with JMS and they said it might be the end of the month before getting more. They quoted me $99 for the brackets and $229 with the rotors. :thumbup:

And join the masses with the RT-S and Darkstars... Negative

DTR stay the coarse!
^ Exactly LOL
haha i am definitely going to make them work lol
Nothing wrong with all the wheels people usually run, i had RTS on the back and racestars on the front... i enjoyed them, i just bought something nicer, and that i liked the look of a lot better so i really want to make them work.

hoodley

Established Member
Time to warm up the grinder! just grind the caliper down a little and it will fit. I know that had to be done on a guy i know using weld pro stars. It worked fine and he daily drives it so i dont see a issue.

D.T.R

Established Member
it lokos like it would be too much to grind...

I measured the inside of the wheel, and it's a little bit less than 13.1" ...

Users who are viewing this thread