Smaller rear brakes ???

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
sorry to bring an old thread back, but figured this over starting a new one. Id like to do this strickly for the sake of losing weight and

Someone brought up smaller rear brakes recently in another thread, and since its been lead me to look in to the sn95 rear brake setup. Me wanting to cut as much weight as possible (13.0lbs to 11.3lbs) i figure this might not be to bad of a mod especially since i just added drilled and slotted rotors up front.

This is the JMS sn95 rear brake set for the s197 05-10 cars. Does anyone know if its a direct fit for the 11-14? I called them to see if it fits our cars, the guy wasn't 100% whether it would. I though the rear brakes on the newer mustangs where the same as the older s197s, but maybe they have a few different parts calipers? maybe, if anyone knows please chime in.

http://www.jmschip.com/jms-s197-dom...otors-fits-2005-2010-mustang-gt-gt500-and-v6/

VGT

Established Member
sorry to bring an old thread back, but figured this over starting a new one. Id like to do this strickly for the sake of losing weight and

Someone brought up smaller rear brakes recently in another thread, and since its been lead me to look in to the sn95 rear brake setup. Me wanting to cut as much weight as possible (13.0lbs to 11.3lbs) i figure this might not be to bad of a mod especially since i just added drilled and slotted rotors up front.

This is the JMS sn95 rear brake set for the s197 05-10 cars. Does anyone know if its a direct fit for the 11-14? I called them to see if it fits our cars, the guy wasn't 100% whether it would. I though the rear brakes on the newer mustangs where the same as the older s197s, but maybe they have a few different parts calipers? maybe, if anyone knows please chime in.

http://www.jmschip.com/jms-s197-dom...otors-fits-2005-2010-mustang-gt-gt500-and-v6/

Better weight advantage with this: http://www.vitacost.com/Images/Prod...X-Laxative-Powder-Unflavored-041100806765.jpg

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I'm pretty sure it's a direct swap for the newer cars as well. I plan on buying this setup myself soon. Weight reduction on these cars is hard to come by without giving up the comfort stuff.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm pretty sure it's a direct swap for the newer cars as well. I plan on buying this setup myself soon. Weight reduction on these cars is hard to come by without giving up the comfort stuff.

Thanks for the constructive incite.. Yeah looking deeper into it, seems like the old and new s197s share the same caliper too, thts what the guy from JMS wasn't sure about.. If you end up doing this anytime soon, I'd be really anxious to hear how it goes.

Not only is it hard to get weight out of these cars without sacrificing comfort. It just gets so damn expensive when you start to look at the front tubular parts.. Cutting 3lbs rotating mass from the drive wheels for $200-300.. I'll take it especially if the rear brakes could use replacing..

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Thanks for the constructive incite..

Not only is it hard to get weight out of these cars without sacrificing comfort. It just gets so damn expensive when you start to look at the front tubular parts.. Cutting 3lbs rotating mass from the drive wheels for $200-300.. I'll take it especially if the rear brakes could use replacing..

No problem and yes, my thoughts exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread