Snake Bite Kit Numbers

03yellow

Established Member
Anyone running the snake bite kit please post your numbers and supporting ported mods...ie ported lower man. Ported plen, tb or supporting tb (dragon)...

Brutal Metal

Established Member
slowmovings car did in the 530SAE range (tuned by Justin at VMP)with No Mods besides 60's and pumps if I'm not mistaken?

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
good thread idea! I have been wondering about this myself, especially since (according to Steigs thread), there are around 200 of them already out there, some with significant mileage already. Since I already have a stage 5, I have tossed around the idea of having it done with upgrade, as long as the gains are sufficient to justify the extra expense over my 2.93/4# setup that I run with the stage 5 now.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
good thread idea! I have been wondering about this myself, especially since (according to Steigs thread), there are around 200 of them already out there, some with significant mileage already. Since I already have a stage 5, I have tossed around the idea of having it done with upgrade, as long as the gains are sufficient to justify the extra expense over my 2.93/4# setup that I run with the stage 5 now.
how much power did you make and what tb/pl are you running... oh and who tuned your car ? thanks

black 10th vert

Established Member
how much power did you make and what tb/pl are you running... oh and who tuned your car ? thanks

I have not had the car to a dyno yet, so it would only be speculation at this point. I am running an Amazon tune, which runs pretty well so far, although, I have not had the revisions done yet because my wideband has intermittent ground issues, which have prevented me from properly datalogging it (plus I have been too busy to get to it). I am running Dragon TB with a fully ported, and polished intake plenum. My lower is also fully ported and polished, but after seeing Posi's latest results thread, I don't hold high hopes for that adding much.:nonono: I can say that the car runs really strong now, and is much more powerful than it was with my previous 2.93 upper only setup, and it holds 17 psi with no drop at all.

dynobobstieg

I have not had the car to a dyno yet, so it would only be speculation at this point. I am running an Amazon tune, which runs pretty well so far, although, I have not had the revisions done yet because my wideband has intermittent ground issues, which have prevented me from properly datalogging it (plus I have been too busy to get to it). I am running Dragon TB with a fully ported, and polished intake plenum. My lower is also fully ported and polished, but after seeing Posi's latest results thread, I don't hold high hopes for that adding much.:nonono: I can say that the car runs really strong now, and is much more powerful than it was with my previous 2.93 upper only setup, and it holds 17 psi with no drop at all.

Did we port your lower intake?
Thanks
Stiegemeier:burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Does anyone even have a Snakebite tm? <----Don't forget the tm. Numbers would be awesome. I'm considering upgrading from my twin screw to a Snakebite tm due to the lack of low end and mid range torque from the Kenne Bell.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
:lol: HA, but seriously, Ive been wondering myself, seems most snakebite ports are being done to newer Shelby's. I would really love to know myself. I have been thinking about it awhile, since no lower is needed. But that my not be a issue since, there seems someone is fine tuning the lower, running our stock cage.

Terminated03

Established Member
Does anyone even have a Snakebite tm? <----Don't forget the tm. Numbers would be awesome. I'm considering upgrading from my twin screw to a Snakebite tm due to the lack of low end and mid range torque from the Kenne Bell.

ROFL. I think that quote from the other Snake Bite tm thread will live a long time in this forum.

Just make sure of one thing. DONT FORGET THE "tm"!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Did we port your lower intake?
Thanks
Stiegemeier:burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

No, I actually did the lower myself, as I am a machinist, and have done many intakes, and heads in the past, so I figured "why not" while I was in there anyway.;-) I will never know unfortunately, if it added anything, though, because I changed my entire setup all at once. The only way I would know would be to buy/borrow a spare lower, and swap them out on the dyno the same day, which I don't see ever happening.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
:lol: HA, but seriously, Ive been wondering myself, seems most snakebite ports are being done to newer Shelby's. I would really love to know myself. I have been thinking about it awhile, since no lower is needed. But that my not be a issue since, there seems someone is fine tuning the lower, running our stock cage.
did you mean snakebite, or snakebite tm? sorry just trying to clarify :-D

APMotorsports

Established Member
I'm pumped about the Snakebite TM. I'm getting mine installed in January. Lightest gears yet, injector port, TB port, and custom 3.4 pulley. I know it's going to make good numbers. I have a friend that had just the ported blower, then switched to a whipple, yeah yeah he made 50 more rwhp, but lost the tq down low and the extra power was so high in the powerband that it was IMO a waste. Under $1,000 bucks for his ported set-up, compared to $5,000 bucks to lose power down low and gain 50 up top??? This new Sankebite TM is going to be trick!

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
For the ™ symbol..

mac : option + 2
windows: Alt+0153

I think the ™ is just to clarify... When hearing "snakebite" I think most people still think :
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8kkV1SFDBI"]YouTube - Snake Bite 2[/nomedia]

And then they think...
- damn, that thing is getting fuel
-damn he don't care to beat on that car
- damn..

( in that order of course)

Last edited:

CobraMac

Established Member
Why is it that whenever steig threads are posted someone with his product suddenly shows up out of nowhere who RARELY posts and is always "about to put it on the car and I'm so excited because it's the greatest thing in the world!!" Happens without fail EVERY time

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Why is it that whenever steig threads are posted someone with his product suddenly shows up out of nowhere who RARELY posts and is always "about to put it on the car and I'm so excited because it's the greatest thing in the world!!" Happens without fail EVERY time

:D That's funny Right There!!

Users who are viewing this thread