SnakeBite Cobras

1MIXDUP

Established Member
Hey guys just curious, but I'm about to get my snakebite cobra finally tuned. I was wondering if anybody has this set up or even know what kind of power should I expect from it.

Snakebite Eaton 18lbs
NOS Kit 150hp
BBK Long tubes
X pipe
Magna Flow catback
62lb injector
SCT Big Air 3000
Accufab Throttle body

Also and body know what gear I should run with this set up...I'm setting this up as a 1/4 mile car.

96juicedGT

Established Member
18lbs. + 150 shot? This will be very interesting to see what it makes!

Be sure to update this thread with what kind of power it does make.

z06h8tr

Established Member
just for clarification, you do have a cobra correct, not a 2 valve 2000 mustang gt like it says in you sig? I would assume a eaton pushing 18lbs and a 150 shot wouldnt end well on a stock 2 valve.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
are you retaining the stock lower and a rather large upper with the Snakebite?
Spencer had one of the first Snakebites in his 03, it put down 525RW at VMP
with stock pullies. You might be able to hit 650+ with the NOS..

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
just for clarification, you do have a cobra correct, not a 2 valve 2000 mustang gt like it says in you sig? I would assume a eaton pushing 18lbs and a 150 shot wouldnt end well on a stock 2 valve.

I believe his 2000 gt has a 03/04 swap. Should make some pretty impressive numbers! Can you get one before and after the nitrous. I'm curious to see how much the snakebite puts out with 18lbs.

z06h8tr

Established Member
I believe his 2000 gt has a 03/04 swap. Should make some pretty impressive numbers! Can you get one before and after the nitrous. I'm curious to see how much the snakebite puts out with 18lbs.

Yeah I was wondering because he said hes going to get his cobra tuned, but then his sig says 00GT.

1MIXDUP

Established Member
Update. Having some tuning issue...I have bob at Stiegemeier and Ramsey's Performance (where its getting tuned) trying to figure out why I'm having boost and spark issues about 5000 RPM (which is were the car is breaking up at and losing boost...going from 17.6lbs boost to 14.1lbs).

Here's what they've tried so far.

1. Checked the plugs. (plugs are fine TR8 I believe)
2. I bought a Kenne Bell Boost-a-spark (Failed)
3. They (ramsey performance) tried some used coils off another cobra and it was worse
4. Tired new belt 1/2 inch smaller (thinking slipage) (Failed)
5. Took Heat shield off Steeda Cold Air Intake (Failed)

So I bought as set of MSD Coils for it and today they are putting them and trying this fix.

So far and up to 5800 RPM and on 14.1lbs boost (out of 18lbs), 20 degrees of timing, and 93 octane

500 rwhp
540 rwtq

This is not including the Q16 race fuel, nor the 150 hp shot of nitrous.

If anyone have any ideas as to what could be going on by all means let me know. I'm all ears.

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Update. Having some tuning issue...I have bob at Stiegemeier and Ramsey's Performance (where its getting tuned) trying to figure out why I'm having boost and spark issues about 5000 RPM (which is were the car is breaking up at and losing boost...going from 17.6lbs boost to 14.1lbs).

Here's what they've tried so far.

1. Checked the plugs. (plugs are fine TR8 I believe)
2. I bought a Kenne Bell Boost-a-spark (Failed)
3. They (ramsey performance) tried some used coils off another cobra and it was worse
4. Tired new belt 1/2 inch smaller (thinking slipage) (Failed)
5. Took Heat shield off Steeda Cold Air Intake (Failed)

So I bought as set of MSD Coils for it and today they are putting them and trying this fix.

So far and up to 5800 RPM and on 14.1lbs boost (out of 18lbs), 20 degrees of timing, and 93 octane

500 rwhp
540 rwtq

This is not including the Q16 race fuel, nor the 150 hp shot of nitrous.

If anyone have any ideas as to what could be going on by all means let me know. I'm all ears.

Sounds like you need to log alternator voltage.....no way should u have spark blowout at 14psi.

1MIXDUP

Established Member
That's what a buddy of mines said....what's the solution though...i.e. different pulley for the alternator...get a stronger one? What exactly?

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Even if you have the stock pulleys your alternate might still be going out. Ask your tuner to check your volts during the pulls and see if it stays at 13.0 - 13.3 at wot. If below that you need to get a new alternator

Last edited:

1MIXDUP

Established Member
Even if you have the stock pulleys your alternate might still be going out. Ask your tuner to check your volts during the pulls and see if it stays at 13.0 - 13.3 at wot. If below that you need to get a new alternator

Hey thanks alot I'll run that by him...

rudycobra

Established Member
No 3.2 alternator is usually used with 4 lb lower . There was a good thread on it a while back . I'm using a 3.5 alternator pulley with my 4 lb lower .

Users who are viewing this thread