Snowing Again Today

52merc

Established Member
Yeah, olympic is right. We have a saying around here, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes". Our weather is really weird. In the middle of winter we will have days we will be warmer than most of Texas. Then we get snow in August. I have witnessed snowfall in all 12 months one year.

We hosted the 1988 Winter Olympics. Two weeks before the games were to start, NBC came up and filmed their pre-Olympic special on the city. It was in the high 60s (Fahrenheit) that week. During the opening ceremonies the temperature was in the -30s with a huge windchill.

52merc

Established Member
Well, its really snowing tonight. We're supposed to get 5" tonight. Just got home from playing hockey, and its like a blizzard out there. I'd take a picture, but its too dark. Maybe in the morning. I hate all you guys in TX and CA. Well....not really.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
fbg4uu.png

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
WOW.... I just now saw or seen the geese flocking or migrating south... they're quacking is so loud now.... thank god they showed up in in October....

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
It went from 80 or 90 degrees last week & dropped like crazy to 50 or 60 degree weather.... but none of da "white-stuff".... can only dream of it like my buddy wants to see it now....

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Your pic must be literally up in the Yukon Territory or Northwest Territories... that's da only place I can imagine da "white-stuff" is showing up now... especially posting up 30 minutes ago....

blk02edge

Established Member
Why any snow mexican lives east of me is beyond my understanding
20180928_122928.jpg

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Not me. I'll take cold and snowy over hot and humid all day.

I'm the same way Steve, I must have some Viking blood in me, as I really prefer the cold.
I don't do well in high heat, high humidity climates. When we were in Maui it was 30+ celsius with 95% humidity. No thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread