So Cal crusie/meet for July!!!

Vic Mackey

Banned
Bummer. It would have been kinda cool to meet up with another crew. I was just talking with some guys that were gonna go & they said theyre changing the route. Instead of taking the 5 all the way down theyre going to go for some twisty roads. It will be a two hour drive as opposed to a 1 hour drive. Does that change anyones minds on going? I hope not. I think the twisties will be alot more fun. Im going to pop over to that other forum & see what I can find out.

Hey just curious how is sparticus going to keep us updated if he is banned? How long was his time out anyway? He will still be going to the Savi Ranch meets Im assuming. Hopefully that works. We can just relay the message???

Vic Mackey

Banned
Well taht didnt take very long to figure out... This was one of the latest posts over there on AFM forums. Hah, I found sparticus too! They are going to finalize the route I think, but this was what someone posted as a good route & a couple guys sounded enthused about it. What do you guys think here? Whos coming from San Diego area/direction. Wickedstangs arent you in Carlsbad? You going to drive up or meet there? Might meet you on the way or something. Anyways, heres the post...

"To clairify, 74(Ortega) to 15 south, get off at Rancho California rd. head west to DeLuz Murrietta rd. for the best ride off your life, exit in Fallbrook go south to the 76, west to the 5(O'side) and south to Carlsbad & k1 speed."

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Banned
Route update!!!

OK guys so here is the updated route I got from sparticus. If you have anymore ideas please share them. Everything is still open for suggestions & ideas...

"Recap: Route we will take for the cruise to K1 speed in Carlsbad

we all meet in irvine for the car show at the ford plant, then:

Leg 1:
Take I5 south towards San Juan Capistrano to get to US 74 (Ortega Highway), fuel up before we hop onto 74 (no gas stations thru the twisties)

Leg 2:
hop onto US 74 and have fun (but not too much fun) going thru the twisties. after all, our cars arent exactly known for high-speed corner carving. take US 74 towards Lake Elsinore to get to I15

Leg 3:
once we are in Lake Elsinore, fuel up once again (for those who are fuel efficently challenged) to make the trip south on I15 towards Escondido. Hop back onto the I15 south

Leg 4a:
take I15 south towards Escondido, but get off on Deer Spring Road/Mountain Meadows Road and head west, taking that street all the way to West San Marcos Boulevard. Take San Marcos Boulevard all the way to Carlsbad Blvd. Take Carlsbad Blvd north and meet at Gas station off of I5 and Tamarack Avenue.

Leg 4b:
Take I15 south and get off on Para Road (aka Highway 76). head west (it will turn into Mission Rd and then back to US 76), then we (a) hop back on I5 and get off on Tamarack Avenue for our scheduled Pit Stop -or- (b) take US 76 until it ends at Coastal Highway. take Coastal Highway (which turns into Carlsbad Blvd) to Tamarack Avenue for pit stop

Leg 4c:
we take the I15 south, get off on Rancho California Rd, get some gas there as the next section seems rahter long and with no gas stations around. after we get gas, we continue west on Rancho California Rd and make a left onto De Luz Rd. Continue on De Luz Rd for miles, then make a right turn onto West Mission Rd. continue on South Mission Rd, which turns into Mission Avenue (US 76).

-Take Mission Ave (US 76) to I5 and hop on to get to Tamarack Ave, meet at gas station for Pit stop

-OR-

-Take Mission Ave (US 76) until it ends at Coastal Highway. Take Coastal Highway (which turns into Carlsbad Blvd) until we hit Tamarack Avenue, make a left turn and meet at Gas station

Leg 5:
From gas station on Tamarack Avenue, continue west towards Carlsbad Blvd. Take Carlsbad Blvd until it turns into Palomar Airport Rd. Continue on Palomar Airport Rd until we reach K1 speed.

Leg 6:
Continue from K1 speed to Clubhouse (after some go-kart racing), having Stanger98 leading the way"

How does this sound to you guys?
Is there anyone else interested in going that hasnt told me yet. We want more mustangs to go. So far its around 30+

BTW, for you guys down south... there were a couple guys from down San Diego area that were talking about driving up together & meeting everyone else up in San Juan Capistrano area. Just an update I got from sparticus & reivaxtorres (AFM Forum).

Fishdizzle

@DigitalExplor
Established Member
leg 4c ... is very very tight and curvy ... so just make a note of that ... my parents live there and i used to live there ... very fun road just very tight and curvy ... :]

Vic Mackey

Banned
It is curvy & thats why they wanted to take it.

For you guys down south. There is a group of stangs meeting us in San Juan Cap. at about 10:30, so we can all cruise together.

Fishdizzle

@DigitalExplor
Established Member
the first part is a very skinny road with trees on both sides and parts have the trees coming onto the road a lil ... hahah someone should chime else that knows about it

its a fun road no doubt ;)

Vic Mackey

Banned
It would be nice to see some more fox's going. I think there are two going, id have to check for sure though. I know there is at least one classic going. I think its going to be a lot of fun for sure.

slo-GT

Established Member
Sorry for being rude and busting in the this conversation but RedfireVNM where did you get that picture on your sig?.....i want to email that pic to a few of my friends.

Last edited:

Klay

Established Member
Vic Mackey said:
It would be nice to see some more fox's going. I think there are two going, id have to check for sure though. I know there is at least one classic going. I think its going to be a lot of fun for sure.

I'll see if I can get my neighbor to go. He has a 65 mustang coupe. It needs some work but he's fixing it up little by little.

That way we can diversify it a bit more but either way there will probably be plenty of mice mustangs going.

Vic Mackey

Banned
No!!! no chevys, theyre not welcome! Hahahahahaha. Looks like youre riding shot gun with someone Brandon.

Welcome crzycobra, glad to count you in. I need to go talk to spartacus to get a number update. How many out of here now? Cars not people, I just want to get a car count. Ricky are the ladies going in thier own car or with thier boys?

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Vic Mackey said:
No!!! no chevys, theyre not welcome! Hahahahahaha. Looks like youre riding shot gun with someone Brandon.

Welcome crzycobra, glad to count you in. I need to go talk to spartacus to get a number update. How many out of here now? Cars not people, I just want to get a car count. Ricky are the ladies going in thier own car or with thier boys?

Definitely with their boys. We don't want any accidents and women in a Stang with horsepower is just asking for it... :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread