PENDING AFM MEMBERS:
34. midnitekaoz05 brother
35. pumpdoc friend (07 saleen)

PENDING SVTP MEMBERS:
Am I forgetting anyone?

Recap: Route we will take for the cruise to K1 speed in Carlsbad

we all meet in irvine for the car show at the ford plant, then:

Leg 1:

Take I5 south towards San Juan Capistrano to get to US 74 (Ortega Highway), fuel up before we hop onto 74 (no gas stations thru the twisties)

Leg 2:

hop onto US 74 and have fun (but not too much fun) going thru the twisties. after all, our cars arent exactly known for high-speed corner carving. take US 74 towards Lake Elsinore to get to I15

Leg 3:

once we are in Lake Elsinore, fuel up once again (for those who are fuel efficently challenged) to make the trip south on I15 towards Escondido. Hop back onto the I15 south

Leg 4:

we take the I15 south, get off on Rancho California Rd, get some gas there as the next section seems rahter long and with no gas stations around. after we get gas, we continue west on Rancho California Rd and make a left onto De Luz Rd. Continue on De Luz Rd for miles, then make a right turn onto West Mission Rd. continue on South Mission Rd, which turns into Mission Avenue (US 76).

-Take Mission Ave (US 76) to I5 and hop on to get to Tamarack Ave, meet at gas station for Pit stop

-OR-

-Take Mission Ave (US 76) until it ends at Coastal Highway. Take Coastal Highway (which turns into Carlsbad Blvd) until we hit Tamarack Avenue, make a left turn and meet at Gas station

Leg 5:

From gas station on Tamarack Avenue, continue west towards Carlsbad Blvd. Take Carlsbad Blvd until it turns into Palomar Airport Rd. Continue on Palomar Airport Rd until we reach K1 speed.

Leg 6:

Continue from K1 speed to Clubhouse (after some go-kart racing), having Stanger98 leading the way[/quote]

Final Schedule (Est.):

06:30 - Meet up at saleen store in irvine as a staging area to car show at Ford Plant
06:45 - Start heading out to Car show
10:00 - Grab a bite to eat at a Mcdonalds or other breakfast fast food place (dont know whats out there, i know out here we have a place called EZ-Take Out which serves some good breakfast burritos, spartacus ill leave this to you)
10:30 - Depart for San Diego/Escondido, Stopping by for a photo opp (as mentioned by spartacus) (Leg 1)
11:00 - Meet up in San Juan Capistrano to start our way on HWY 74 (Leg 2)
12:00 - Arive in Lake Elsinore and fuel up, hop onto the 15 to get to HWY 76 (Leg 3)
13:00 - Hop onto HWY 76 and take it to the 5 FWY (Leg 4)
14:00 - Arrive in San Diego/Escondido and make our way to the Go Kart Place (stanger98's work) (Leg 5)
14:10 - Go Kart racing!!!!!
16:00 - Depart Go Kart area (kidnapping stanger98 if need be) and go grab a bite to eat (In-N-Out? i love this place. nothing like a caravan of mustangs sitting outside an In-N-Out...)
17:00 - Depart for Photo Shoot. Stanger98 will lead us (if he's kidnapped we will remove gag and allow him to give us directions) (Leg 6)
18:00 - Arrive at clubhouse and just relax, go swimming, play some basketball, car show/contest (by this time stanger98 will be a willing participant and should not have gag anymore)
21:00 - Depart club house and head to Elephant Bar for dinner (i believe Elephant Bar closes at 10, so we need to get there before they close)
??:?? - Depart for home

any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask spartacus (whenever he gets un-banned...) Vic Mackey, or myself

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Banned
Dang it! He beat me to it. Hahahahaha.

We are only missing like 10 more guys from the Savi Ranch "gang"! I dont know all thier screen names though, if they have one.

50 Proof

Established Member
Vic Mackey said:
It would be nice to see some more fox's going.

I can drive my 86 GT T-Tops if you guys want. I'd prefer to drive the Cobra though, it's a lot smoother and more comfortable for long drives.

86GTsig.jpg

This sounds like a really fun cruise, it's been a long time since i've gotten out and cruised around.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Banned
Definetely bring the cobra buddy! We want to see it. I think theres a few fox bodies going, but just a few. We dont have very many sn95 body styled mustangs going. I vote cobra!

Vic Mackey

Banned
Do it bro! Youll regret not going after you hear all the stories & see the photos. Nothing worse than kicking yourself later. I dont think there will be another cruise like this one for awhile.

BTW, you might be the only lightning going.

CobraStangGT16

Teenaged Gearhead
Established Member
How do you guys feel about a GT in the mix???

My dad wont be bringing the Shelby, but I can make it.

I'm a total newbie to this forum, but I'm a 5th gear member on MustangForums and I went on their SoCal cruise to Pechanga in April...It was a BLAST!

SVTBMG

Banned
I will go to meet at Irvine then cars and coffee but i am not going to be able to do the cruise to diego. too much driving for me and ol' bessy.

50 Proof

Established Member
Sorry guys, I'm not gonna be able to make it to this one. I went to input this date on my calendar and realized I'm supposed to cruise out to Joshua Tree area on the 21st to help a buddy convert his 84 5.0 to fuel injection. I'm really bummed about having to miss this cruise. :(

Vic Mackey

Banned
Oh, definetely CobraStangGT16! anyone with a mustang is invited. This is a cruise with two different forum clubs. You can invite anyone else you want as long as they drive a mustang. hahaha. Just let me know how many people you get for sure to go, just for head count purposes.

svtbmg, we will definetely see you there.

50 proof, sorry to hear you wont be able to make it.

reivaxtorres

im slow...i promise!
Established Member
CobraStangGT16 said:
How do you guys feel about a GT in the mix???

My dad wont be bringing the Shelby, but I can make it.

I'm a total newbie to this forum, but I'm a 5th gear member on MustangForums and I went on their SoCal cruise to Pechanga in April...It was a BLAST!

no worries dude, mines just a GT as well, and im going! (probably going to be left in the dust tho....)

CobraStangGT16

Teenaged Gearhead
Established Member
Cool! I'll spread the word over on MF, and I'm SURE there will be like 20+ people from there that will come.

The last one we went on had a car count of 141 Mustangs!!! No Joke!

(And yeah...I'll be left in the dust as well...hmmm...maybe I should bring my dad's Shelby....bwahahahahaha... I don't know of anybody around here that can beat a 10.2 ET... :p

reivaxtorres

im slow...i promise!
Established Member
CobraStangGT16 said:
(And yeah...I'll be left in the dust as well...hmmm...maybe I should bring my dad's Shelby....bwahahahahaha... I don't know of anybody around here that can beat a 10.2 ET... :p

well in that case..........ill still be left in the dust :(

Vic Mackey

Banned
Sweet let us know for sure...

List thier nicknames & car type, yr too...

PM me thier real names, & phone numbers. Trying to get a phone list together for everyone to have once we are on the road.

***BTW, this goes for everyone that is for sure going, please PM me...
screen name, real name, car, color, & year with your phone numbers. ***

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Vic Mackey said:
Sweet let us know for sure...

List thier nicknames & car type, yr too...

PM me thier real names, & phone numbers. Trying to get a phone list together for everyone to have once we are on the road.

***BTW, this goes for everyone that is for sure going, please PM me...
screen name, real name, car, color, & year with your phone numbers. ***

You already have my contact info. :-D

Ricky
SIr RicCuS
'04 SVT Cobra [Black]
'04 Mach 1 [Azure Blue]

Liz
LaDy RicCuS
'04 GT [Dark Shadow Gray]

Users who are viewing this thread