SO CAL DYNO DAY!

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Guys it was fun meeting some of you guys for the first time.
Everyone was cool and I enjoyed shootin the shit with everyone.
Special thanks to Juan and the power train crew , you guys were all really cool.
I had a great time.
Also to George , what a small world huh???
Well now atleast you know where your snake originated from and ohh yeah how can I forget the 3:73's!:lol:
And a special thanks to James W for keeping me company all day long!:D You are something else bud , nice meeting ya.Now get that thing tuned right!:bash:

Abtin

Last edited:

1baddog

Established Member
People,
Had a great time today thanks to Juan and also Powertrain Dynamics. Great to meet you all and hangout. Still can't believe the 601hp Allan's car made or the the 465hp Don/Loosenut's car did. Amazing!!!
Great to meet you all Thanks again!

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Originally posted by 1baddog

...or the the 465hp Don/Loosenut's car did. Amazing!!!

You have 30 more hp than I did stock...DAMN! We could really tear up that old Lion's strip.
Obviously they saved the best for last. :beer:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by loose nut
You have 30 more hp than I did stock...DAMN!

my car did 373/338 w/ catback and k&n at 1500 miles. :bash: granted, it was after a 70 mile drive w/ 15 min cooldown but still... i thought i bought a eunuch. the stock tune was soooooooo rich - after 3800rpm the a/f went off the charts and never came back.

Last edited:

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Wish I was there...however,

Mods still scattered on ground. Anxious to see what they do if and when they ever go together.

Allan...fantastic HP my friend. Torque figures on KB cars more often than not higher than HP. Was the dyno off? Although, great flat curve. Must drive like a dream.

Where is the BBQ report? Only thing missing in those photos was my elusive shinny dome.....you see, I really do not exist. I'm just the figment in the wild imagination of a nitrous sniffing ricer. I will NEVER show to an event it seems. Just, sit here at my keyboard and pontificate and dream of doing Willow Springs in 1:39. Yeah...right.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Re: Wish I was there...however,

Originally posted by BALDSNAKE

Allan...fantastic HP my friend. Torque figures on KB cars more often than not higher than HP. Was the dyno off? Although, great flat curve. Must drive like a dream.

thank you kindly. :D i think the much higher hp numbers are normal for the kb. based on the others i've seen it's right there for the amount of boost. examples:

racerat - pulleyed for 17 - 604/527
03snake - pulleyed for 15 - 556/502
bassin247 - pulleyed for 15 - 561/501
fryingricecobra - pulleyed for 17 - 565/502

it seems that the higher you pulley (over 17#), the closer the tq numbers get to the hp. it looks like it could be similar to the eaton - the higher the boost, the closer you get to the max efficiency of the blower, the less increases you see in hp, but tq keeps going up.

i think. ;-)

ShakeMe

Established Member
Re: Re: Wish I was there...however,

Originally posted by FuShnickens
thank you kindly. :D i think the much higher hp numbers are normal for the kb. based on the others i've seen it's right there for the amount of boost. examples:

racerat - pulleyed for 17 - 604/527
03snake - pulleyed for 15 - 556/502
bassin247 - pulleyed for 15 - 561/501
fryingricecobra - pulleyed for 17 - 565/502

it seems that the higher you pulley (over 17#), the closer the tq numbers get to the hp. it looks like it could be similar to the eaton - the higher the boost, the closer you get to the max efficiency of the blower, the less increases you see in hp, but tq keeps going up.

i think. ;-)

Higher boost doesn't mean more power everytime. More boost = more pressure = more TQ with the same exhaust. If you open the exhaust with the same pulley your boost will drop but, you will probably pick up more HP.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Re: Re: Wish I was there...however,

Originally posted by FuShnickens

i think. ;-)

I agreed. Awesome run FuShnickens. There is this humm in my ears now though.....

Users who are viewing this thread