So davesvt2000 is getting my LS.....

sprint200

Established Member
Many of you know that I've had a Boss 302 Laguna Seca on order since last December. I was supposed to get the dealership's second LS allocation and davesvt2000 was supposed to get their first unit. Well it seems that the dealership was one allocation short and davesvt2000 is STILL getting their first allocation. We've talked about it over the phone and I decided that this was my chance to rethink my choice in Mustangs.

So, rather than cry over spilled milk, I did what I should have done in the first place: Buy a real race car!

Soooooo, I have purchased a car built in the championship winning Rehagen Racing shop in Livonia, MI. We brought it home a little over a week ago, and I'm in the process of re-badging it for race duty in the Hallett COMMA racing series for next year. I'll post progress photo's as I go along, but here are some shots from this past weekend.

P1017053.jpg

P1017073.jpg

P1017080.jpg

P1017059.jpg

P1017058.jpg

P1017084.jpg

I will still enjoy seeing everyone who brings their Boss 302's out to the tracks; I just plan on seeing you all in my mirrors.......

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Good for you Jeff. Surprised as to the stick on Shleppy letters but apparently somebody liked it.

If that's the Steeda rear wing can you post up some shots of it from a few different angles? I've considered it as I'm painting and bolting on an extra decklid soon and have considered going spoilerless or using that one. I'm still unsure as to whether I'd like it or not.

Have fun with it!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Jeff,

First off, congrats on the car, you can't go wrong with a car from Rehagan.

Secondly, when the dealer called me last week with my VIN and build date, he said he had to get in touch with you, and possibly see if he could get you his '13 LS allocation.

Did he in fact call you ?

Loosescrews

Established Member
Serious race car. :coolman:

What engine is that? Power? Weight? Is it faster than the Boss due to weight? Can it be street legal?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
For the track duty you are doing the dedicated car will be a better choice. You will be much happier with a true track car. You can still get the Shelby out on the street.

I contemplated the same when I was deciding on a 95R track/street car and decided to get a dedicated track car. It was a good choice.

Enjoy!

Tom

sprint200

Established Member
Jeff,

First off, congrats on the car, you can't go wrong with a car from Rehagan.

Secondly, when the dealer called me last week with my VIN and build date, he said he had to get in touch with you, and possibly see if he could get you his '13 LS allocation.

Did he in fact call you ?

I might not mind leaving my deposit there if he would just call me. :sleeping:

For the track duty you are doing the dedicated car will be a better choice. You will be much happier with a true track car. You can still get the Shelby out on the street.

I contemplated the same when I was deciding on a 95R track/street car and decided to get a dedicated track car. It was a good choice.

Enjoy!

Tom

Thanks Tom.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it. This is something I can tinker with and upgrade for years to come .......and not worry about "future value" and rock chips or little things like contact with tire walls......:uh oh:

And have I mentioned I fell MUCH safer......:thumbsup:

Good for you Jeff. Surprised as to the stick on Shleppy letters but apparently somebody liked it.

If that's the Steeda rear wing can you post up some shots of it from a few different angles? I've considered it as I'm painting and bolting on an extra decklid soon and have considered going spoilerless or using that one. I'm still unsure as to whether I'd like it or not.

Have fun with it!

Here ya go Tob

P1017093.jpg

P1017094.jpg

P1017095.jpg

P1017097.jpg

P1017100.jpg

P1017102.jpg

The car is as I found it minus the NASA badging as I'm not a NASA member. Houston and College Station are just too far for me to drive that often. Now if the Austin track ever comes into play.....:bowdown:

I am however not so adverse to the badging as some of my compatriots seem to be..... as long as we settle it on the track, I'm good with it :beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks for the shots Jeff. Are their reinforcing plates underneath as well?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Very nice Jeff! You'll be amazed how much easier this car is on brakes and tires compared to your GT500! ;-)

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

GTG

Looking for a Money Pit
Established Member
Sweet track car! When I get back from Afghanistan I plan on looking for a handling specific car. One that is still street legal. Where did you find this car and where should I be looking? I plan on using the S197 platform.

Users who are viewing this thread