So, I did the Bronco thing

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
20220625_132631.jpg

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
This Brocno is a magnet. Took it last night to a local ( pop 1730)biker bar, and I wore my Bronco shirt. Kept running into guys talking about the Green Bronco, and even had a few drinks bought because it was a 'real bronco'

Seems the locals don't much care for the new broncos. We had an offer of 27k on it last night.

That goes to show, market on these is nuts!!

andymarkv

Established Member
NICE!! I've forgotten about the 32x11.50's! I used to run them back in the 90's. It's the prefect fit on a stockish rig when a 31 is too small, but 33 is too big.
And you can't go wrong with solid white letters on a "classic" with old school wheels.
Get that exhaust on yet....? lol!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
NICE!! I've forgotten about the 32x11.50's! I used to run them back in the 90's. It's the prefect fit on a stockish rig when a 31 is too small, but 33 is too big.
And you can't go wrong with solid white letters on a "classic" with old school wheels.
Get that exhaust on yet....? lol!

It's an oddball size that happens to be the sweet spot for a lot of OBS trucks.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The new spare wheel/tire setup looks a lot nicer. And, of course, it matches what you're using at all 4 corners. Awesome Bronco!

andymarkv

Established Member
32s work out well. 33s will rub on the radius arm and require trimming of the plastic valence.
The 32's don't rub the radius arms...? Maybe the alcoas have a different offset? All the OBS trucks I've dealt with on 31's, with stock wheels, rubbed.(265/75/15's didn't and were about the same diameter)
Are you going to do any mild level/lift...? Or leave it stock height?

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
The 32's don't rub the radius arms...? Maybe the alcoas have a different offset? All the OBS trucks I've dealt with on 31's, with stock wheels, rubbed.(265/75/15's didn't and were about the same diameter)
Are you going to do any mild level/lift...? Or leave it stock height?

The 32s supposedly do not rub. I haven't put many miles on it, but the few places I have had to turn, I didn't notice any rubbing either.

I am planning to keep it at stock height. I was debating going with a 2" lift from Solo Motorsports but decided to keep it closer to OEM.

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
Updates.

1. New chrome trim rings on the wheel wells. Old ones were nasty.

OLD
20220930_150848.jpg

NEW
20220930_150839.jpg

2. Body shop finally completed after 4 weeks. Rust on the passenger rear fender fixed. Under carriage and frame were steam cleaned, acid washed, hand scraped then finally recoated. Lifetime guarantee to never see rust again.

20220930_150958.jpg

20220930_150945.jpg

3. New front valence and custom license plate.

20220930_150230.jpg

We took it to a big (300+) car show this weekend. 2 other Broncos there (1971, 1974).

I got so many compliments, and the Don't Tread On Me license plate was a huge discussion point with everyone.

Next up will probably be the shocks and suspension.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Next up will probably be the shocks and suspension.

Not sure if you're keeping it stock height or not but look into the bilstein 5100's, I believe they do make a pair for "0-2" of lift". I ran these on my truck and they rode great, Bilstein sells a proper 5100 aux shock as well for your quad shock front setup.

shockwarehouse should have them for a good price.

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
Not sure if you're keeping it stock height or not but look into the bilstein 5100's, I believe they do make a pair for "0-2" of lift". I ran these on my truck and they rode great, Bilstein sells a proper 5100 aux shock as well for your quad shock front setup.

shockwarehouse should have them for a good price.

I'm debating on that still. Most I'd consider is a 2" lift. Maybe something along the lines of the Solo Motorsports or Desolate kits.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm debating on that still. Most I'd consider is a 2" lift. Maybe something along the lines of the Solo Motorsports or Desolate kits.

Either should do you good, I had a pieced together skyjacker kit with superlift coils back then. I know the Desolate stuff is real legit, I saw a fully kitted out pre-runner bronco with a Desolate lift kit on it while I was out in CA in July.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Been seeing a maroon 95-96 Bronco on the way home from work the past few days that is absolutely CLEAN! Appears to have a 2" lift or so, nothing major and then a push bar on the front with lights. Hoping to catch the guy at some point as he is leaving the town I live in when I pass him, but from what I have seen I would guess it is one of those 1 or 2 owner Broncos that has been garaged and impeccably taken care of. It looks like one of those Broncos we have been seeing pulling $40k on listings. If I can catch him I will try to grab a photo.

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
This BAT auction is the one I can't get over.

1996 XLT with 159K miles pulled in $41k.

Users who are viewing this thread