So I have a confession....

Summerwolf

Established Member
You eventually PLAN on going WOT right? If you're just working up to it cool. If you're genuinely never going to do it....get rid of it.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Well...the 1st time you DO decide to go WOT, you might want to do it in 2nd gear or higher. Trying to go WOT in 1st is usually pretty pointless, (unless you are trying to slide around, or burn the tires off) and if you arent used to the power, would be a great way to end up wrecking your car.

edit: and really you should prob be careful when/if trying it in 2nd gear as well. since my car will blow the tires off, if i suddenly slam the pedal to the floor in 2nd...then im sure your car would too.

Last edited:

pdm

Established Member
I mashed the loud pedal and let that big cat eat....on the test drive, with the owner in the car. He was an attorney and WON the car in a raffle for $30. He had never even seen the boost gauge move, until I got a hold of it.

Nice!

pkarol1

Established Member
if you're gradually working your way up it's fine, better do that than loose it and crash the car. i went from a bolt on 03 gt to the cobra... yes, i did few WOT pulls the very first time i had it out, but it wasnt pulling out of my driveway, but on an open highway. just be careful and aware of your surroundings.

I got a hot girlfriend just so I could stare at her.
LMAO :lol:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dam2v
I got a hot girlfriend just so I could stare at her.

Classic!

It's time to stop diddling and go "Balls Deep"!!!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I can certainly respect your decision to take your time and really learn the car. In fact, if more people did this...there would be a hell of a lot less wrecked terminators out there.

Take your time, do it right, learn the car safely and you'll be fine. Dont be scurrred....

After all, it's actually bad for the car not to rev the piss out of it every once in a while

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I can certainly respect your decision to take your time and really learn the car. In fact, if more people did this...there would be a hell of a lot less wrecked terminators out there.

Take your time, do it right, learn the car safely and you'll be fine. Dont be scurrred....

After all, it's actually bad for the car not to rev the piss out of it every once in a while

This is true. It's good for the engine ;-)

When I was like 8 years old I was having my normal day. Just riding with grandma in her Delta 88 in good ole Alabama. She drove so slow that I would stare out the window in boredom. It just took so long to get anywhere living out in the boonies plus she drove like 40 mph everywhere.

So I'm staring out the window looking for rabbits or whatever and all of the sudden I noticed things were getting blurry. I rubbed my eyes a few times. No that's not the problem. WTH? Grandma has gunned the Delta 88. I look over and she's going like 75 and climbing. That thing never went over the red, Jimmy Carter 55mph mark! Scared the hell out of me. I asked her what she was doing. She said "Well grandpa told me to blow it out every now and then!" LMFAO. God bless her soul. The car had 40k miles on it 20 years later and still looked new when she wrecked it and quit driving.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
going from vortech 91 GT with 520rwhp, I had to see what the terminator had in it the first time I drove it. I was impressed, but was thinking this thing must need a tune.

but I aggree with others, take it easy getting use to it.:burnout:

SVTDice

Established Member
Oh yeah I definitely want to go WOT. I plan on it. Its just certain things I feel uneasy about. Like my unfinished tune perhaps. And that up in Jacksonville Unless I go 20+ Miles out of the way, I can't find myself a nice, empty road where I can lay into it. So, Yeah I have my concerns. Just I love the car to death. So like you all said, I'm going to work my way into it, Get alot more comfortable with the car before I start unleashing the beast.

And You all really do not want to know what I went from to driving this. You all may yell at me :p

SVTDice

Established Member
ricer! thats why you're afraid to step on it then you will have to actually go fast

Na, I went from a built /slightly/ modified Saab 900 Turbo. 4 Banger, To this :dw: But No matter how much I put into that thing, It would constantly drag ass. But I guess going from a Saab to a Cobra is well, Quite the Jump.

89slowgt331

Established Member
HaHa, Ive alway's been the opposite, when I get a quick street car it will see wot daily for the first few month's, then I calm down and try to conserve some gas. it's nice living on the edge between the country and city, I can find open backroads to test the car or drive into the city on a nice summer night and find someone that's want's to see how quick the cobra is.

Spoolx

Established Member
I never understood why people buy fast cars and drive them as slow as a corolla.. might as well buy a v6 and put the body panels on it.. save on insurance and gas and still have the look your after. (Yes I know its a lame concept but so is never gettign on it)

f2hatch

Established Member
I opened my car up on the test drive with the owner in the passenger seat laughing. Went back a few days later with my dad to bring it home(out of state) took it up to 140mph. My dad called me told me to pull over smart ass it's not even registered and the plate belongs to your Jeep. so we switch places and with in 10 seconds of him driving he lighting up tires. he ended up getting it up to 130mph. That was a Great day. God I miss dad RIP

Users who are viewing this thread