So I have a confession....

SVTDice

Established Member
I opened my car up on the test drive with the owner in the passenger seat laughing. Went back a few days later with my dad to bring it home(out of state) took it up to 140mph. My dad called me told me to pull over smart ass it's not even registered and the plate belongs to your Jeep. so we switch places and with in 10 seconds of him driving he lighting up tires. he ended up getting it up to 130mph. That was a Great day. God I miss dad RIP

Haha sounds like a GREAT time, May he rest in peace man, Glad you have great memories though. Sounds like my dad, He drives my cobra more aggressively then I do. Haha. Great story though! :rockon:

JAYSVT06

Established Member
I just upgraded my stock 2.8 pulley car thats prob 440rear hp to the 2.3l whipple with supporting mods and lookin to make 600rear HP.. so im a tad bit nervous to start it up and drive it for the first time with the new setup going down the road lol...
I will def be babying it myself for awhile n work my way into the new feel of it

It should be in the mail this week! can't wait.. loosin sleep over it im so excited lol:rockon:

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
Jimmy said the only word that matters.. "RESPECT" If you aren't comfortable with the car yet; then by all means, don't try to drive the piss out of it.

You will get used to it eventually, just don't hurt yourself or the car trying to show out.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
yep, no respect fo tha powah, and u lose. getting some track time at one of those driving schools is more valuable than losing the car due too lack of driving skills and experience in the beast. other than that, pedal to the metal till you scare the living crap out of yourself, park it for awhile and then go again

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I opened my car up on the test drive with the owner in the passenger seat laughing. Went back a few days later with my dad to bring it home(out of state) took it up to 140mph. My dad called me told me to pull over smart ass it's not even registered and the plate belongs to your Jeep. so we switch places and with in 10 seconds of him driving he lighting up tires. he ended up getting it up to 130mph. That was a Great day. God I miss dad RIP
nice, at least you had that day together to remember :beer:

benulis55

Established Member
I infact commend this action taken by him, I wish i wouldn't go WOT with my car but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sounds so goood!:banana:

I agree!!! getting thrown back into the seat and hearing the whine is far too addicting not to go WOT

seriously, the loud whine is one of the major factors that led me to purchase an 03 cobra

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
If you're concerned about the car's tune then you should probably get that fixed before you do anything. I'm assuming you have a good set of DR's too? If not, you'll need those to!

SVT03DAL

Established Member
I sold my Satin Silver '03 Cobra last spring after owning her since new. The car dyno'd at 415 RWHP/396 TRQ and I felt I had a really good handle on the car. I bought my MC which dyno'd at 463 RWHP/ 475 TRQ shortly after the sale of the '03 and what a HUGE difference in performance! I haven't put a lot of miles on the MC but it drives like an entirely different car compared to the '03. To the point where I did actually scare myself a bit when practicing my launching and WOT pulls on back roads. I can't imagine what this car would feel like with 500/600/700 etc RWHP and matching TRQ...absolutely insane to think about.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I hardly get on mine because I am so used to it.,. and a little bored :shrug: I make a point to jump on her every now and then though

SVTDice

Established Member
If you're concerned about the car's tune then you should probably get that fixed before you do anything. I'm assuming you have a good set of DR's too? If not, you'll need those to!

I can't run DR's here. Its been raining like hell and back. Like 3 days in a row. But I have KDW II 295's. They seem to hold the traction pretty well...However I did about 40% Throttle in 3rd and lets just say it was a violent experience. Haha. And the tune well, I'm probably going down to Justin@VMP When I decide to throw on the lower pulley while I'm at it. Maybe some E85 as well :banana:

I'm just getting used to the car, I'm going to have this beast for a very long time, No need to rush into it.

Users who are viewing this thread