So I made the switch from radials to bias ply.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Finally accepted my mistake running drag radials with a manual and bought ET Streets. Is it going to be harder to drive with these down the track and what PSI works good with a 3.73 rear?

Now all I have to do is get rid of the practically new ET Street Radials.:fm:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Try 17psi hot and work your way from there. They're not hard to drive, you just have to understand that the car will sway but the tires themselves are not physically moving around on the track so you don't need to freak out. The sidewalls will flex and allow the car to sway around as you go down the track.

I love slicks. It's like racing on a bed of marshmallow fluff. Who is afraid of marshmallow fluff??

Rev it up, dump that clutch and ride the cloud

OG_

Established Member
Finally accepted my mistake running drag radials with a manual and bought ET Streets. Is it going to be harder to drive with these down the track and what PSI works good with a 3.73 rear?

Now all I have to do is get rid of the practically new ET Street Radials.:fm:

lmk if you're wanting to sell them :-D

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
what mistake did you make? did you break the rear end? what rims and tire setup are you going to run

Didn't break anything. Just didn't listen when others told me they weren't the best for manuals. It was either bog or spin. Just too stiff of a tire to work. I've seen them hook great with an A6.

86merc

Established Member
What bias ply tires did you buy?

I recommend a stiff sidewall slick for these cars. They are too heavy for a standard sidewall slick. You can always run tubes if you have a soft sidewall slick. The tubes will help the tires act more like a stiff side wall.

Start with a higher pressure and work your way down. That way when you feel the sway you can get comfortable with it or air the tires back up.

Screamin363

Established Member
Someone told you wrong.... Get the MT pro and prepare for broken parts because they fkn WORK. Regular radials are junk compared to the Pro.

mr2cam

Established Member
If u go below 15 psi I would recommend rim screwing ur slicks, I run as low as 8.5lbs at the track, but my car is pretty light too

Posted via Topify on Android

86merc

Established Member
In some cases yes. I have seen set ups that really unsettled the car. Others not so much.

A bias ply is lighter than a radial. So I don't see why people would run a bias ply out back and not one up front. But to each their own.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Someone told you wrong.... Get the MT pro and prepare for broken parts because they fkn WORK. Regular radials are junk compared to the Pro.

The Pro's are NOT well suited for a manual car. Too much driveline shock with them. They are better suited for an auto car. Yes.. things will break.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
I am gonna run the M&H 28x4.5R17 bias fronts and I got 275x60R15 Hoosier drag radials for the rear. I'm running an auto so I hope its stable on the track?

In some cases yes. I have seen set ups that really unsettled the car. Others not so much.

A bias ply is lighter than a radial. So I don't see why people would run a bias ply out back and not one up front. But to each their own.

Shiken_Feddas

Established Member
I am gonna run the M&H 28x4.5R17 bias fronts and I got 275x60R15 Hoosier drag radials for the rear. I'm running an auto so I hope its stable on the track?

That setup works fine. It's when you run a bias ply in the back and a radial street tire up front that is sketchy. Also you have an auto, even better.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Good to know , my buddy told me the same thing but his car is 1000lbs lighter and runs 4.90@142mph in the 1/8th on the same Rear tire. I just wasn't sure how it would be on a newer coyote thats heavy like a lead slead. Lol

That setup works fine. It's when you run a bias ply in the back and a radial street tire up front that is sketchy. Also you have an auto, even better.

pickles

Established Member
The Pro's are NOT well suited for a manual car. Too much driveline shock with them. They are better suited for an auto car. Yes.. things will break.

idwalku would probably disagree with you on that lol. I think he is even still running the stock drive shaft.

radial pro's will likely be my next tire.

Users who are viewing this thread