So I sold my 87 Porsche 944 Turbo and got this !

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
p3cu7copy.jpg

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
I never really had any burning desire for a Porsche... but my next door neighbor just picked up a 2008 Carrera S and now I think I've gotta get a 911. What a sweet ride.

Can't wait til we get some more miles on it so we can hammer it.

-RP​

I've always loved the 911 style.. it's been a dream of mine to own one and i still can't believe i do ! I'd never driven one until recently and it's everything i thought it would be and more... as someone mentioned in one of the posts, it's a perfect balance of everything... this car handles exquisitely and has plenty of power (stock).. i'm excited to see what a chip/tune, exhaust, and cold air kit does for it... should be a nice little improvement i think !

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
If I sold my Mach, it would either be for a C6 or a 911. Those are such sweet looking cars. There is a guy on a local car board that has one with some HRE's. I want to make babies with it.

sIMG_0107.jpg

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
If I sold my Mach, it would either be for a C6 or a 911. Those are such sweet looking cars. There is a guy on a local car board that has one with some HRE's. I want to make babies with it.

sIMG_0107.jpg

You need to drive one my friend... It'll make your decision much easier ! :-D Before i bought mine, i was planning to buy a 02-04 c5 Z06 or a C6 normal vette.. with the gas being so crazy right now i opt'd for the flat 6 of the 911.. no it's not as fast but it's still plenty fast enough and it makes up for it in other areas.. such a refined machine and an attention getter.. out of the cars i've owned, i've never gotten as many looks in them as i have this car... it's just a blast to drive.

bubbrubb

Congrats on the new ride! I looked at used 996's because of the price range and stuff, but I could never get over the 03 cobra. Take a look at fabspeed race bypass pipes if you want to open up the exhaust on them without breaking the bank!

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride! I looked at used 996's because of the price range and stuff, but I could never get over the 03 cobra. Take a look at fabspeed race bypass pipes if you want to open up the exhaust on them without breaking the bank!

Thanks bro... I'm in the process of massive research on all the goodies i can get for it... some of the 996 guys on rennlist.com have gave me some good info as well.:beer:

CobraCarrera

Established Member

+10000 on the Fabspeed exhaust.....I have their exhaust on my 964 and it sounds real nice and throaty but not to loud.

Fabspeed is a bit pricey though.....

bubbrubb

+10000 on the Fabspeed exhaust.....I have their exhaust on my 964 and it sounds real nice and throaty but not to loud.

Fabspeed is a bit pricey though.....

yeah, my neighbor bought the quiet fabspeed exhaust, then bought the race ones or whatever... it sounds great, but I swear it is as loud as stingers and a midpipe (good thing). Sounds awesome, but he just putts around in it, I've never even heard him or seen him get on the thing.

Also take a look at www.6speedonline.com for another P-car forum :beer:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Nice purchase. It looks fantastic.

I will have to research later but can anyone tell me how much those go for usually (price range) for those 1999's. Thanks

Cheers mate :beer:

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Nice purchase. It looks fantastic.

I will have to research later but can anyone tell me how much those go for usually (price range) for those 1999's. Thanks

Cheers mate :beer:

Thanks... price range for 99's are mid-high 20's to around $30k.. when you get into 00-01 models they jump up some.. usually low to mid $30's for those, all taking into consideration the mileage... you can find some good deals and some not so good just like anything... some people want the same price for 100k mile car.. you just have to get familiar with the market and shop around.

musclefan21

Established Member
Thanks... I'm planning to do the black wheels although i'm sure chrome would look nice too !

chrome bullits were joke. I still like the black wheels you posted the best. I bet those deepdish wheels would look killer!:rockon:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
nice car dude. good job getting it, she is pretty clean. man, look at the tf wheels in the photoshop. that looks awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread