So I was offered a good price on a 2013

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Well I've been shopping around, just to get a feel for what most 2013-2014 GT500's are going for. It seems that most of them go for on average around 62-64k with some of the options like Recaro's and what not. Well I found a white with red stripes, has Recaro's, Track pack, navigation car has 2,700 miles. After a few minutes of talking with the dealer I got an offer for 57,500. I was surprised I got that offer, and I'm in talks with him now, he's going to give me a estimate on my car and we will go from there.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
There should be a big discount on a used car vs. a new one. You should be paying less then invoice for a new car with the same options. This sounds like ~$2K over invoice for a used car.

R1Lello

Established Member
Let's put it this way - if you drove away in your brand new car, and returned it the next morning, you would get 20% less on trade-in, it's been registered and considered used BUT they would still want max. dollars for it. So think about it........AND my numbers are not pulled from the air, I was in that business, so yes too high but supply and demand does come into play

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Hopefully they can add a little to your trade to make up the difference. Plus, whatever you get for your trade gets subtracted from the 13 for tax purposes. I would only do it if its the color you want, that's always been my most important factor when buying a car. You should also return your car back to stock as much as possible and sell the parts that can't be used on the 13. Good luck

Last edited:

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Hopefully they can add a little to your trade to make up the difference. Plus, whatever you get for your trade gets subtracted from the 13 for tax purposes. I would only do it if its the color you want, that's always been my most important factor when buying a car. You should also return your car back to stock as much as possible and sell the parts that can't be used on the 13. Good luck

Ok yah I've explained that I would want a fair price for my car, 41-42k would be ideal. I'm sure they are going to want to offer 39-40k if I had to take a guess.

luv2spedup

Established Member
Also, for a used car your interest rate would be higher when compared to a new car.... if the dealer does not budge on the price you may want to consider just buying a new one.. off course that would depend on the interest rate as well

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I did the same. I told them I would de mod it and they said that would change the offer to a lower value and wanted the car as is. Your better off taking it in stock ish if you want the right offer cause they will offer lower when de modded.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
No matter what anyone says. Current auction average on used 13 GT500s is really strong.

u6a4u3am.jpg

Remember- if bought at auction- there is also Auction and transport fees on top
Of that.

Based on the above data (not conjecture) it appears your deal of $57k is a pretty good one! Considering MSRP was probably $62-64k. And invoice was $58-$59k.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Also, for a used car your interest rate would be higher when compared to a new car.... if the dealer does not budge on the price you may want to consider just buying a new one.. off course that would depend on the interest rate as well

Not true.

You can get a used 2013 rate pretty much anywhere in the country from 1.49-2.99% on this car. Same rates on new.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I did the same. I told them I would de mod it and they said that would change the offer to a lower value and wanted the car as is. Your better off taking it in stock ish if you want the right offer cause they will offer lower when de modded.

I would think a dealership would rather have a stock car and would give you less for a modded car. I think it's harder to sell a modded car because a potential buyer is going to know the car was beat to hell or at least assume that. I used the mods on my car to negotiate a lower price when I purchased mine. I guess every dealership is different.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
^ I took mine in modded and they offer 44k. I then said I wanted to sell the mods off it and he said they wanted it as is with parts or they would offer me lower. :shrug:

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I would keep yours and wait to see what the 2015 is all about. You are making more power then a stock 2013.

Imatk

Established Member
Yep at this point I'd wait until 2015 models come out... but that's me :)

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Thanks for your views guys, yah I'm still on the fence. I love my car, and it's just as fast as a 2013 but there are a lot of things about the 2013 that I love as well. Is it worth the increased car note, I guess that will just have to be my decision at the end of the day. So far I have not talked to the dealer since about 1030 this morning, I emailed him pics and stats on my car, so he said he would start crunching numbers and see where we end up, but so far no call back.

Users who are viewing this thread